Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Is your hunting season over?If so, what kind of season did you have?What did you shoot, where did you shoot it and what did you shoot it with?
Lets have the run down.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
GB1

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Ours are far from over here.<p>For deer hunters gun season opens back up after Christmas. We've also got a late muzzleloading season and our bow season is open till February 28.<p>Duck season comes back in December 26 for 26 days.<p>And our small game seasons are all open till the end of February.<p>We've got lots of huntin' left!

<A HREF="http://TheSouthernOutdoorsman.com" TARGET=_blank>TheSouthernOutdoorsman.com</A>
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Dave, Deer season began and ended rather quickly on Dec. 1 in E. Colorado. Going goose hunting tomorrow morning E. of Boulder, then down to SE Colorado on the Arkansas for mallards and snow geese, maybe a coyote and some pheasants. Lots of hunting season left!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
rifle deer season for me is over. got two bucks, both w/ a 25-06. one in the black hills of s.d. and one on the eastern half of the state right off of the missouri river.<p>pheasants are not done until the 31st, nor is archery deer, both of which i plan to squeeze in a lot of the next week and a half or so.<p>the geese have all left, so have the ducks.<p>there's plenty of coyotes, though, and there is no season or bag limit restrictions on them, so after the first of the year, i'll be callin'!

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.
dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yea yea I know, you guys out west make me sick ;-)
Go ahead rub it in.
I crushed a doe on the first day of the Pa. season
and another one on the last Saturday of the season
It was a meat in the freezer,doe, kind of year.
Got the new 300 Win mag working pretty good.
Two dead deer two 180g ballistic tips.Season over.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I took the last 2 weeks of season off work (end of November)Hunted on my neighbors place (160 acres) All I got was lots of exersize. Usually made 2 trips daily, at 3 miles each. Got to try out my new binos. (Leica compacs)And trade off packing 3 lightweight rifles ( Rem. #7,7-08,Rem. mtn. rifle,.260,Wby. ultralight,.280) Only saw one buck, He had horns about as big around as a pencil and about 2" long. 2 on one side 1 on the other. I guss this would have been a legal forked horn. I left him for next year... All in all, had a great season, even without any meat. good shootin,vbshootinrange.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Seasons over, got a small forked horn with my T/C contender 44 mag. Wife got a 3pt with her Dodge Intrepid. No tag required. Mother-in-law baged a realy big Doe with her mini van. Hunting has been pretty good on the freeway.<p>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
season over? whats that mean? if its not deer i'm shooting at small game and in the summer you dont wanna be agroundhog here!, keeps my .22 busy!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, have 2 deer in the freezer, one pretty nice doe about 130lb live weight, the other, [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img] , a button buck that went 95lb. I really, really, really thought I was squeezing the trigger on a tasty doe. 40yd shot through some really thick stuff. Only shot window was a neck shot. Didn't see the buttons until I was almost standing over it. My daughter & I are hunting on New Year's day. always been a good day for her, she has scored on New Year's day for the past 2 seasons. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Hope to repeat it. badger.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Dave,<p>That doe that you "crushed", where did you hit it? LMAO<p>Do the words "Texas Heart Shot" come to mind? LOL
Dave, at the very least you could tell us the story behind it - behind it, get it? lol<p>I am going deer hunting next Thursday in NC for a few days. Going on a hog hunt in Texas in Feb 2002 - booked through Ray Atkinson. Going on a sheep hunt in Texas in march of 2002. Our deer crop damage season starts in Feb 2002 and runs through Sept of 2002. Then there are all those woodchucks to kill all spring, summer and fall. Seriously considering an Elk hunt in New Mexico for next fall. Sounds like to good of a time to pass up. <p>Whats all the nonsense about hunting being over? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Don [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fellows, I have until Jan 1 to smash the big one. I dropped teh hammer on a nice 8 point on Nov. 12 and helped a friend get a big 8 point, his first rifle deer.<p>Have had the good fortune to pass on many does and small bucks.<p>Also was able to put my son on his first buck -- a nice 4 point. It was a great experience. He shaved some chest hair off the buck with a low shot, but drew no blood. We had an unforgetable time. I watched the buck's buddies in the field this evening, but he didn't show ...<p>Too early for a tally for me. I have a few days. But the season has already been memorable for this hunter.<p>Jeff

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I Shot my first deer this year. It is a mid sized 4x4 white tail. To date it is the only leagal buck I have seen while hunting. It is the only leagal buck seen by anyone hunting with me......ever!<p>With any luck the jinks is over and game will now form a line to the left and parade past my stand.

Rick

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh yea........He was shot in a snow storm in northern Idaho in the very last minute of daylight on the forth day of my six day hunt. <p>He was shot at 40yds. from a tree stand with a push feed M-70 in .270 topped with a Weatherby Premier 3x9 screwed down to it's lowest setting. The handload used was a 130gr Sierra Pro-Hunter at 3000fps. The bullet entered at a sharp quartering away angle breaking 4 ribs on the near side and exiting the off shoulder. <p>He ran somewhere between 50 and 100yds and crashed under the brances of and old blow down. <p>All in all a unforgetable experience. Hope to do'er again sometime.

Rick

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

685 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 3,017 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,847
Posts18,478,353
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.