-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No video of the cops arriving, no location noted.

Not saying it's not real, no doubt it is.

It's just not providing much info for finding out about the arrest and the location.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I bet 25 to 50 % of these fires across the entire west are arson.

Need to be huge mandatory sentences for it.

At the least......

Last edited by renegade50; 09/14/20.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
[quote=Dess][quote=Valsdad][quote=Dess]Knowing Oregon, she'll probably get charged with a gun related crime.
From what I could tell, she doesn't appear to be in a metro setting, looks like some sort of ag buildings on the left side of the road.

Most of the fires are in more rural areas but the wind is carrying them into the suburbs east of Portland and other bigger cities. So it doesn't appear to be in a metro setting, what is your point in that statement? That picture looks just like many areas east of Portland. There is lots of farm and rural country side in that area. Not saying that more info wouldn't be nice but don't discount the possibility or likelihood of arson. This is just one of many suspected or in some cases certain cases of arson. Same has occurred in WA but to a lesser extent.

Last edited by Joezone; 09/14/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
*Not responding to rengade, just the thread. No, I don't have "links".

This is my friend of 35 years telling me his son in law was involved in one of these arrests. I have no reason to doubt him. I don't know anything beyond that.

Look, here's how it works.

Oregons governor and Portlands mayor protect antifa while they burn and loot for months in Portland.

Antifa threatens to take it outside Portland.

There are no repurcussions for their criminal acts.

One day Oregon catches on fire.

Lots of Oregon.

Peoples lives are lost, homes are lost, businesses are lost.

New fires contnue to pop up.

People are caught lighting fires, attempting to light fires, walking around with blowtorches and gasonline. Empty gas cans are found in areas where fires started. Suspicious people are reported all over the place.

The media ignores it.

The State Fire Marshal is put on administrative leave and is replaced (thrown under the bus)

The governor of Oregon along with Newsome and one other blame climate change and Donald Trump.

Social media sites reporting individuals caught and arrested for setting fires are scrubbed.

Look, I could go on and on, but really, how fucquing stupid do you have to be to not see what's happening here?

Last edited by Fireball2; 09/14/20.

LOL
B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Val serious question here. I don't know squat about the fire situation and will remain open to all answers.

Seems like you guys from Cali, Oregon, and Washington state are quick to NOT accept arson as a starting/contributing factor in these fires, despite evidence to the contrary.

It seems more likely the Govenors of each state want to ensure there are NO arson set fires. That is agenda driven obviously.

I know the weather has played the largest part of SPREADING, but how do you know the arsonist aren't responsible for a lot of the STARTING?

I wish all of you guys luck.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
That arsonist had his purpose climatically changed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BLG
Val serious question here. I don't know squat about the fire situation and will remain open to all answers.

Seems like you guys from Cali, Oregon, and Washington state are quick to NOT accept arson as a starting/contributing factor in these fires, despite evidence to the contrary.

It seems more likely the Govenors of each state want to ensure there are NO arson set fires. That is agenda driven obviously.

I know the weather has played the largest part of SPREADING, but how do you know the arsonist aren't responsible for a lot of the STARTING?

Clyde

Most of the fires here in PRK were lightning fires due to a freak weather pattern a couple weeks ago.
One was started by accident by fireworks that I know of.
There probably is some arson, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

AFAIK Global warming caused none of the fires. But somehow it's the scapegoat.

rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

It's just not providing much info for finding out about the arrest and the location.

If the members had followed the link I provided they would have discovered this.

Woman in Oregon caught someone on her property with matches and held him until police showed up.

Here is another link to the twitter video.

https://twitter.com/zerosum24/status/1305214840798171137

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If they did actually catch the arsonist with the blow torch. They should have used the torch to interrogate him to get more info and names.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Oh bullshit. That's not an arsonist. It's a downed power line.

Ask any Oregonian on here. They'll tell you.

Don't put words in our mouths, Bristoe!! From what I see you are correct on many things! On that statement you just showed your ignorance! Oregon is not Portland, just like Kentucky isn't the chitt hole that Louisville has grown to be! Not trying to start a fight, just trying to educate you and others. What the east and south calls country, we call suburbs! We have 2.3 miles of country for every person in my county. Not people per mile like the east and south, east of the Mississippi!

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I read a Twitter thread on Saturday with a lot of information on sheriff and state police catching arsonists in Oregon and California starting wild fires, or trying to start fires. I should have linked to it at the time that I was looking at the thread. Some were in agriculture areas trying to set fire to hay fields, others were in more densely forested areas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Look how fn hazy the air is there already and the guy was trying to start another fire. She should have just shot the bastid...

Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'd cap him just for wearing his stupid ball cap backwards and the straight/flat bill...

We're going to have to cap a bunch of them before this is over with. Best make peace with the idea now.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Given the apparent rural location of this incident, there would be no city police available. That area would be "policed" by the county Sheriff's Dept. It could take quite a while for deputies to arrive, so that might be why there was no video of deputies arriving.

When my wife and I lived in Los Angeles, we had a vacation home in the Sierra mountains in Tulare County. The tiny community was mostly vacation/recreation cabins, but three families lived there year 'round. The nearest Tulare Sheriff's deputy was ordinarily 45/60 minutes away at least . Therefore the people who lived there, and we people who visited our cabins on weekends, were our own "police." People there looked out for each other and watched other people's property.

There was no "pass through" in the community. it was surrounded by the Sequoia Nat'l. Forest. Anyone coming in on the old county road, would have to drive out on the same road. There was virtually no crime there. But everyone I knew there owned firearms and were not afraid to use them if necessary.

Anyway, maybe the deputies arrived later to take the man into custody.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fake news. I just heard Biden on Fox saying that the fires were caused by Global Warming but really, by Trump because he didn't believe the "science" behind Global Warming. So in essence, it's Trump's fault, not some obvious ANTIFA/BLM guy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Given the apparent rural location of this incident, there would be no city police available. That area would be "policed" by the county Sheriff's Dept. It could take quite a while for deputies to arrive, so that might be why there was no video of deputies arriving.

When my wife and I lived in Los Angeles, we had a vacation home in the Sierra mountains in Tulare County. The tiny community was mostly vacation/recreation cabins, but three families lived there year 'round. The nearest Tulare Sheriff's deputy was ordinarily 45/60 minutes away at least . Therefore the people who lived there, and we people who visited our cabins on weekends, were our own "police." People there looked out for each other and watched other people's property.

There was no "pass through" in the community. it was surrounded by the Sequoia Nat'l. Forest. Anyone coming in on the old county road, would have to drive out on the same road. There was virtually no crime there. But everyone I knew there owned firearms and were not afraid to use them if necessary.

FWIW.

L.W.

Camp Nelson/Cedar Slope Area?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

OK, lets get this straight, as I have tried to explain a few times on here, as have others.

Yes, there are fires being caused by arsonists in CA, OR, and WA (and likely other states)

Are the MAJOR fires burning in the woods arson caused? At this point in time there is no evidence that is the case. AND, it hasn't been the case in the 50 some odd years I've lived close to or in "forest fire" lands.

Yes, there have been a few, out of the thousands, that were arson related. Someone back a few pages mentioned the Rodeo-Chedeski fire in AZ in 2000 (2001?). One of the two fires (the Rodeo fire) was started by a firefighter behind the Rodeo grounds in Cibeque AZ, not far from where I lived in the middle of the woods on the Rez. The other was human caused too, but "accidental" and I use that term very loosely. It seems out West here, there are a few fires started every year or two by out of work firefighters in order to go to work and especially for the OT.

Many of the fires are attributable to human causes, but not arson, like the Carr fire and apparently one of these big OR fires now under discussion. Caused by automobile/truck issues along roads that start roadside fires that eventually spread into major "forest fires".

Many (most?? Are there any wildland fire science guys out there with actual stats) of the fires I have experienced are "natural causes", lightning, and what seems to be the major cause in these OR fires, major wind events and power line sparking or trees falling on them, way back where they cross timberlands. There seems to be some recorded incidents where a piece of broken glass has acted like a magnifying glass, or where a bird shorted across powerlines and fell to the ground and things along those lines.

But it remains to be shown, that contrary to historical patterns and the fact that there was a major wind event accompanied by low humidity during an extreme or severe drought period, that any of the major wildfires under discussion, (Beachie Creek, Riverside, Holiday Farm) are arson caused.

Will it be shown that arson is the cause? If historical patterns hold true then a small percentage of them might be found to be. Odds are the majority will be found to be caused by something other than arson.

What "evidence" are you referring to?? Honest question. I've asked numerous times on this thread and while I trust Roy's friend is giving him the best knowledge he has, I still haven't seen any evidence as such.

As I pointed out in an early post, the four folks Bristoe posted a "news" article about, have NO relation to any of the large wildfires now burning in OR. None! One dude is associated with a fire that caused major devastation and damage and may even be responsible for some deaths. As logger (I believe) pointed out, he is under suspicion for starting a fire AFTER the other fire had already been set and was burning at the time. But that fire in my mind, and many other Westerners, was not a wildfire. Maybe a "wild fire" for sure, but not of the brush/forest/wildlands type.

If you're referring to those news reports, and perhaps the video of the gal capturing a dude with matches as "evidence" that arsonists are setting the woods on fire, it's not very substantial evidence. It's evidence that folks are setting fires in populated areas, maybe in association with Antifa as there is no doubt in my mind that whackos can easily be swayed to do harm to "The Man", but it does not appear to be evidence that major backcountry fires are being started intentionally by the bad guys.

For now, and I mean that, I've seen no real evidence of those big fires starting in any manner other than naturally and maybe, perhaps when the ashes are cool and they investigators can get in there, found to be accidental in nature.

So yes, many of us out here who have lived through numerous major events (Rodeo-Chediski was 468,000 acres) are skeptical of unsubstantiated reports of arson starting these fires when the overwhelming majority of them, especially during weather events like a week or so back, turn out to be naturally or accidentally caused. We who've been living here for a long time know the routine.

Here's the routine today, and many days for the past 4 months. Presently 83F, gusts to 25 MPH in the past 24 hours, humidity at 19% and still dropping, we might hit single digits once again. Supposed to get up to near 90F by 5pm. We have another Red Flag warning today and a fire weather watch tomorrow. Nothing out of the ordinary..........again. https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.4871&lon=-120.5425#.V_E6IMmmSXA

Believe me, and anyone who's read my posts knows, I'm no fan of these Governors out here. If they're saying the BIG fires are not arson related, even if they're not sure yet, it's likely because they don't want panic in the backwoods communities and people going on Antifa hunts and possibly shooting the hippies living an organic lifestyle back in the woods trying to be left alone. In OR, they screwed the pooch in Potlandia for sure, and with any luck they'll pay for it in the next election. WA might see some political change too. CA is likely lost for the immediate and probably the long term future.

When and if the evidence of arson as the cause of those big fires comes to light, I'll no longer be skeptical. If it can be shown any are Antifa related I'll be the first to once again say designate that group as a terrorist group.

In other words, show me a glove that fits..........

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Do you really think the Propaganda Corps is going to report on this?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

FWIW.

L.W.

Likely so, but they had a phone handy to capture the citizen's arrest. Why not for when the cops arrived, city, county or state police?

I've lived in enough places to know response times of rural agencies. It's why, even in Cali, many rural county Sheriffs have no problem issuing carry permits. They know when something happens their deputy might be on the other side of the county.

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Do you really think the Propaganda Corps is going to report on this?

No,

but where's the twitter corps video of the cops arriving?

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Deniers on here need to wake up.

That's for sure Roy. 1-5 could possibly be copy cat but just the sheer #'s gives it away as arson.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,531
Posts18,472,723
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.