Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm told to hit either end of a moose. Go under, and it comes in the cab.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Back in June(?) I ordered a Ranch Hand Legend for the latest feed pickup(F350).

Finally showed up last week. Not sure if Covid created an issue or what but we'll be glad to get it bolted on.

The only thing I don't like about those bumper/grill guards is that they stick out so damn far and more than once we've dug into dirt when going over a dip, crossing a little creek, etc..

Dude!

Last time I bought a Ranch Hand I had the local Murdoch's order it in. Since they sold and stocked them figured it'd be easier. This time I called since I didn't see them on their website. The manager said "we don't sell them, but I can order you one". To which I said "do you sell them or not? If you can fugking order one that means you sell them". To which HE replied, "well we don't stock them". I asked for a price and he told me, then said it'd me minimum 6-8 week wait. MINIMUM.

So I let my fingers do the walking, ordered the same bumper from BumperSuperstore, had it within a couple days. Only catch was it came freight on a semi, and I had to meet him to get it off the truck since a trip to the house with a semi would be one way lol.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Torqued, Gruffles, hell if I know what up with the delay.

I ordered through my buddy who owns the Ford dealership here in town just to not have to deal with shipping and I'm gonna have them bolt it on, that and running boards.
(please don't make fun of the boards, I can no longer jump on a flatbed...like a kid...)

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Neat thing about them Ranch Hands )besides the ugly welds and paint that starts flaking off after a year) is they bolt right the fugg on. And kill the fugg outta deer and speed goats.

I'd not mock a man for getting running boards. Driving a Ford, yes. But running boards are appreciated by wives and children.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dude, are you telling me the RH are chitty?

I honestly don't know.

We have a similar lunker on ol' Red that is not a RH and it is gtg(can't remember the name..).

The boards shall be appreciated by all.....who wish to get on the flatbed with ease and grace....

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
In my honest experience, they are stout, and hold up well to deer strikes, et al. But whatever they paint them with flakes off rather swiftly and the exposed metal of course rusts. Most often complaints I've heard was that they are heavy. Well, ain't no free lunch (unless you want to fork over at least double the price for aluminium).

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm literally picturing you doing a Bo Duke slide across the flatbed.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well buddy, I will give an honest review of how it holds up on the latest grocery getter.

At least the 6.7 diesel is supposed to be 600lbs lighter than the ol' 6.0.

Aluminum block?

Hell if I know, just drive 'em until they break down!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Neat thing about them Ranch Hands )besides the ugly welds and paint that starts flaking off after a year) is they bolt right the fugg on. And kill the fugg outta deer and speed goats.

I'd not mock a man for getting running boards. Driving a Ford, yes. But running boards are appreciated by wives and children.

i'd throw a few beads on it besides the bolts.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well buddy, I will give an honest review of how it holds up on the latest grocery getter.

At least the 6.7 diesel is supposed to be 600lbs lighter than the ol' 6.0.

Aluminum block?

Hell if I know, just drive 'em until they break down!

How do you get the rest of the way home from the dealership?

The RH haters mainly bitch about the rust, diamond plate,m and weight. I have zero bitches about the ones I've had or driven. Ugly is subjective. I give zero fuggs if my diamond plate rusty steel bumper gives somebody tetanus. I give many fuggs if it saves the truck and occupants when it hits things.

Tons of drivers that are dropping serious coin on really neat bumpers. There's an outfit out of Lewistown that makes awesome ones, and another one here in Kalispell, but I'm just not willing to spend the coin.

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I bet 99% of the 'hard core' off roaders are a bunch of dorks who spend way more worrying about looks than function.

Immaculate 'off-road' rigs all dolled up and shiny.

Weekend warrior types who strut around town......lol

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I bet 99% of the 'hard core' off roaders are a bunch of dorks who spend way more worrying about looks than function.

In skinny jeans and extra-medium t-shirts, smelling like a french whore.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Between high school and the Navy, I hunted a lot of jackrabbits and developed the habit of swerving to hit them if it was just a little juke move. In a pickup, no problem and they were thick as flies in those days.

Fast forward four years, I brought a '76 TransAm home with my DD-214. It was four years old, but it was absolutely cherry. Back in those days, night cruising the rural areas and imbibing mass quantities of beer was a thing. Old habits die hard, and a guy can forget just how big jackrabbits can be in four years time.

I can still remember hearing the sound of the front air dam ripping loose and making the trip underneath the car. The sounds were kind of like it was all taking place in slow motion and that's the way I remember the event. *sigh*

I never did put a new front air dam on that car. Figured it was something that just wasn't going to last long.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was in a car that hit a warthog at hwy speed in Zimbabwe. F'ed that car up and didn't quite kill the warty.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

In skinny jeans and extra-medium t-shirts, smelling like a french whore.

laughing

I bought some large Carhartt t-shirts and either I am getting bigger or they are getting smaller!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Keep the vehicle straight.

Apply brakes as vigorously as possible.

Do not swerve.........unless speeds are so slow that you could not possibly lose control.

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Do not swerve.........unless speeds are so slow that you could not possibly lose control.

^^^This^^^

Thinking back I bet if I woulda punched it the pickup and trailer would have cleared the deer before they crossed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, I have an old F150. Nailed a ‘dillo one afternoon. In reverse.

I smiled for a couple days.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

^^^This^^^

Thinking back I bet if I woulda punched it the pickup and trailer would have cleared the deer before they crossed.

I’ve been lucky Sam. Never hit a deer in my 45 years of “legal” driving. Hit a few coyotes though. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

^^^This^^^

I’ve been lucky Sam. Never hit a deer in my 45 years of “legal” driving. Hit a few coyotes though. 🤠

famous last words.....I, too, went 40 years without hitting a deer.....then hit seven in one year.....

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 49 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,338
Posts18,526,811
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.