Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I schedule myself a project round the house to get done each day. If for some reason it dose not get done, I`ll do it tomorrow. Every day then, I feel like I`ve accomplished something.
Like today, got the snow blower tractor going after sitting all summer...had to replace the in-line fuel filter and grease er..then I played by shooting a few rounds with a new load out of the 7RM...then I pealed some apples off the tree so my wife could make me an apple pie..that was selfish on my part, but she dosen`t like apple pie...that`s going to be out of the over in 15 mins.

Tomorrow I`m scheduled to cut grass...then I`m going trout fishing for a few hours.

See, easy, work a little, play a little.

Good Luck!

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s all about perspective my man. Is life not more than work...? I mean, would you define life as, life = work...? There’s more to life than work...and all that it entails. Much more. But it requires a different perspective than you had when you were working.
If you've got nothing to do, then find something to do.
If it's not important, then make it important.
And realize how fortunate you are to have what you do. Be thankful and grateful for your life as it is. There are plenty of soul-enriching things out there that you can occupy yourself with from here on out. Find em’. And do em’.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NDSnowman and RJL53 have provided some sage advice.

Best Regards

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Congrats.

Need to find that trailhead that's gonna lead me down the path to retirement. Just haven't located the trailhead yet.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Poconojack

I take a nap if I’m bored.

That's a problem, I cannot sleep during the day, never have been able to. I'm jealous of People who can...argh.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
I schedule myself a project round the house to get done each day. If for some reason it dose not get done, I`ll do it tomorrow. Every day then, I feel like I`ve accomplished something.
Like today, got the snow blower tractor going after sitting all summer...had to replace the in-line fuel filter and grease er..then I played by shooting a few rounds with a new load out of the 7RM...then I pealed some apples off the tree so my wife could make me an apple pie..that was selfish on my part, but she dosen`t like apple pie...that`s going to be out of the over in 15 mins.

Tomorrow I`m scheduled to cut grass...then I`m going trout fishing for a few hours.

See, easy, work a little, play a little.

Good Luck!

THIS ^^^^

is really good advice.

Sometimes I forget to look at the project list.

Other days I can get more than one item checked off.

There's no boss looking over my shoulder and I get to prioritize the list too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Originally Posted by Poconojack

I take a nap if I’m bored.

That's a problem, I cannot sleep during the day, never have been able to. I'm jealous of People who can...argh.

You're not staying up goofing around 'till late enough at night. Like hanging out with this august body of miscreants.

And then getting up at 0600-0630 to feed the chickens, water the lawn, etc.

makes it a whole lot easier to nap when one doesn't go to bed early like when one had a "job"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Get some cows you won't be bored.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I retired 3 years ago and have never regretted it. Especially with this virus business. A retired guy needs an outbuilding with a wood stove. Mine’s full of woodworking equipment. Actually have another one with reloading equipment. Have something to do every day.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve been retired almost 9 years. First month or two, not so good, but since then, awesome.

I usually have a project or activity most days. Mow the lawn, wash our cars, load some ammo, shoot sporting clays, Shoot rifles testing loads, shoot my bow, take Mrs out to lunch, or etc. some days, a 30-60 minute nap. Also couple mornings a month, volunteer work (pre Covid). I take my time and realize that I don’t have to be doing stuff every minute. Take it easy.

NRA Patron
IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Retirement hopefully isn’t the end of the road. I’m am optimist and still wanting to do so much. I’m still hoping to find a cul-de-sac. Keeps me going. Happy Hunting

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
after 32 years i left. that was 17 years ago and i have loved every minute i took my watch off that day and have not worn one since.

small farm and plenty to keep busy. if i want.
some days i just load ammo.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have 3 years to go, but can leave at any time. I don’t know what I will do when I hang it up. Maybe spend more time trapping pigs.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 09/14/20.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I retired back on may 8th on the 5th we got some bad hail, then again on 6/4 got worse hail. Insurance adjusters did their thing. I was still doing 2 days a week at the old job so they wouldn't get to far behind on the work. End of June I got on the roof , did it myself, did 6 windows and a storm door. Got done with the roof and started siding and rebuilding the deck as I went a long. Thing I discovered a new was that I had no problem organizing, planning and doing whatever I needed to do. Last 20 years of working for a 40 something over educated, underachieving , do nothing pc [bleep] hadn't destroyed my abilities or desire to be productive. All the labor money from the insurance went in my pocket. Be productive and interface all the little projects you been putting off for the last x years with the other enjoyable recreation things you been thinking about. I am doing it, so can you. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I get up every morning and drive 35 in a 55 zone for miles when people are trying to get to work on time. Just like the retired ass holes did to me for years.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I’m not retired but know plenty that are. Hopefully retirement brings you the freedom of choice. Whether that freedom is to take up a hobby, catch up on undone projects, doing nothing, or starting a second career. For some it is a combination of all these. Part time work or seasonal work and a combination of the others.

Good luck in retirement. Think freedom and the glass is half full.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't let health insurance slide before you can get on Medicare. A lot of things start to go wrong between 60 and 65. You really don't want to discover you have an expensive pre-existing condition.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Go searching for Bigfoot

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I retired at 53 some 5 years ago and have never had an issue day in and day out. Hunt, fish, shoot, hike and car toys just work. Also, more than enjoying my relationship with my gal of 35 years.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I retired in 2014. As the saying goes" I don't know how I had time to work " . Find something you like to do. Make sure you exercise and stay in shape! Get a routine, and stick to it.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,238
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.