Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I retired about 4 years ago and wish I had done so sooner. I decided to simplify things and have reduced substantially the amount of stuff that I own and the busy work of home maintenance, investments etc. I now have time to relax and improve myself.

A home gym used frequently and attention to diet will enable you to enjoy life to a much higher degree. We travel by car and spend about 4-5 months of the year on the road when there is no plague. We live close to many great outdoor areas and spend several days a week hiking when home. We are home from Thanksgiving through Christmas to enjoy the holidays w/ family. Winter predator hunting wherever in the west that weather permits has become a big favorite. Get a wolf tag in Id. Mt. and Wy. and good E. Caller and you will have miles of public land to yourself. Turn off the TV and read and peruse the WWW, it can reduce your stress level and allow you to understand that which interests you w/out being told how to think.

The world is getting weirder every day, dryfire and practice weekly and avoid people at every opportunity.

You earned your retirement, maximize your time for enjoyment and live it up.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
GB4

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by MD521
Do what you want to do when you want to do it. Anytime you want to.

Good bud told his recently retired BIL, to you every day is a Saturday, then throw in a Christmas...

Some are able to retire and enjoy life. Others, not so much. I've seen examples of both.

I don't know if there is a secret. I choose to keep working, as what I do isn't hard, is pleasurable and I can get away from the house. I can sit here, typing on my computer, talking to your guys, do some work on the side.... grin

And when I go home, I have plenty of time to do what I like to do.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats to you!!!

Retired Friday, Dec 29, 2017. Jan 1, 2018 was a Monday, the end of a 3-day weekend so not much change. Woke up Jan 2 and first thought was "now what?" Haven't been bored since. As others have mentioned, I do what I feel like I want to do when I want to do it . . . sometimes even less.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,268
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.