Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Hastings
Must be something about living in a crowded city with houses stacked on top of each other coupled with idleness and no goals in life that drives people crazy. Why would someone live like that?

That's what I was thinking. If I had to live like that, I'd probably go crazy, too. Jeebus, what a mess.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Good shooting. Kid was on drugs no doubt.

Not any more!

Lol, yup, drug free now.

Today marks the longest time he's been drug free in many years.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Props to that cop. Tactical retreat while firing strong hand only and scoring hit(s) on a running target. Probably took all of 1.5 seconds. Adrenaline must have been off the charts. Glad he was able to go home at the end of the day.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Well ole Rico is ded!

Fück Joe byron
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Was the cop a coward or was that a strategically sound tactical retreat?

Cowardess or not, distance is a good thing....either way it worked.

My speculation is that most of us on this site as well as most police officers could easily hit a paper plate at 50 yards while most criminals would have a hard time hitting a parked Buick.

Distance is always your friend in a gunfight if you possess skill.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Must be something about living in a crowded city with houses stacked on top of each other coupled with idleness and no goals in life that drives people crazy. Why would someone live like that?

Or could be an inability to deal with stress from living at the bottom rung of the ladder.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

This:

Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Props to that cop. Tactical retreat while firing strong hand only and scoring hit(s) on a running target. Probably took all of 1.5 seconds. Adrenaline must have been off the charts. Glad he was able to go home at the end of the day.

Cop did the right thing.
He created distance, which creates options. They guy could of stopped his charge at the bottom of the stair, at which point the cop could of turned, acquired a good sight picture, and started talking they guy down.

When Bozo made that right turn, well and didn't slow down, once again, the cop did the right thing.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I just saw on OAN that there were protests after this incident and it was either 6 or 8 ppl arrested (not sure how many). Apparently the judge set bail for each at 1 million because BLM has been paying bail for these jerks. Kudo's to the judge.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
I just saw on OAN that there were protests after this incident and it was either 6 or 8 ppl arrested (not sure how many). Apparently the judge set bail for each at 1 million because BLM has been paying bail for these jerks. Kudos to the judge.

Yes indeed.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Here's a hint numb nuts...don't run toward a cop with a knife making crazy faces.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

This:

Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

Cop did the right thing.
He created distance, which creates options. They guy could of stopped his charge at the bottom of the stair, at which point the cop could of turned, acquired a good sight picture, and started talking they guy down.

When Bozo made that right turn, well and didn't slow down, once again, the cop did the right thing.

That's interesting. Just a few short weeks ago I was roundly lambasted right here on the fire for touting the value of a tactical retreat or disengagement.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 09/16/20.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

Drugs

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
There are actually violent protests about this shooting going on.

Insane.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
I just saw on OAN that there were protests after this incident and it was either 6 or 8 ppl arrested (not sure how many). Apparently the judge set bail for each at 1 million because BLM has been paying bail for these jerks. Kudos to the judge.

Yes indeed.

Yep about time if we do this all over the country things will calm down.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
No doubt we need more prisons and mental hospitals. We as a society will figure out it’s cheaper to lock them up and throw away the key. At one time we knew this but we have forgot. Hasbeen
Every time I hear how expensive it is to lock people up I say it is much more expensive to turn them loose. Almost every time something really bad happens it is caused by someone recently released.

And, sadly, Trump was 100% behind the push for letting them out of jail/prison under criminal justice reform. I suspect it was his daughter and son in law (the Kushners) that hammered that idea into his head. He certainly didn't run on the idea of letting dangerous criminals out of lockup because there are too many blacks in it, and that's unfair. I don't remember those chants at his rallies.

I don't think Trump's intentions are to let murderers or nut cases out. So far most of the people he's let out have been guilty of non aggressive offenses.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
So.

1. Family calls cops after perp goes whacko on them.

2. Cop drills perp after perp goes whacko on cop.

3. Family now criticizes cop and calls for protests.

4. Mayor loses nads in the face of protests, and agrees that "more must be done" for knife-wielding whackos.

We are living in Clown World.

I hope the people up there vote the nutless mayor out of office and elect the cop mayor.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
weird, he doesn't look amish.

My diploma is a DD214
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Who's interested in starting a pool as to which city burns down due to this POS?

They already started to riot in lancaster

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Good shooting. Kid was on drugs no doubt.

Not any more!

Lol, yup, drug free now.

Today marks the longest time he's been drug free in many years.

Plus he's not mentally ill any more. He was Cured

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The still shot at the end looks like something straight out of Planet of the Apes.

In my best slim pickens voice "gosh dern flying monkeys." "With a knife".

It seems to me that officer provided the "therapy" that was best for the community.

And people want to riot over this Ahole...Sad times gentlemen

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,546
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.