Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
With the increasing popularity of electric cars coupled with the ever increasing number of dumbass people, do you reckon a guy could build a large battery charger mounted on a flatbed truck and go around charging dead electric cars on the side of the road?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Already been done.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'd charge 'em alright! smile

Plenty.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Already been done.

Dang it! Got a link?

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by gregintenn
With the increasing popularity of electric cars coupled with the ever increasing number of dumbass people, do you reckon a guy could build a large battery charger mounted on a flatbed truck and go around charging dead electric cars on the side of the road?

Takes a long time to charge them. Better to tow the thing to a garage and plug it in for a couple of hours.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Mount a charging station on a rollback wrecker, and charge the battery while you haul the dumbazzes to the place they were heading before the battery went dead. That way you get to sting 'em twice!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Already been done.

Dang it! Got a link?

https://electrek.co/2020/05/06/mobile-ev-chargers-and-vans-get-ready-for-prime-time/

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Mount a charging station on a rollback wrecker, and charge the battery while you haul the dumbazzes to the place they were heading before the battery went dead. That way you get to sting 'em twice!

I like the way you think.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Already been done.

Dang it! Got a link?

https://electrek.co/2020/05/06/mobile-ev-chargers-and-vans-get-ready-for-prime-time/

Thanks.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Already been done.

Dang it! Got a link?

I'm sure they don't have the market cornered. wink

But, maybe get ahead of the curve and offer a charged battery swap out?

People would pay well to get on the road faster.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'd charge 'em alright! smile

Plenty.

LOL

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A pair of heavy-duty jumper cables walk into a bar and order a beer. The bartender says "I'll serve you but don't try to start anything".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The catch22 is that you'd have to live where there's a ton of electric cars. Know what I'm saying?

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
The catch22 is that you'd have to live where there's a ton of electric cars. Know what I'm saying?

I’m thinking ahead. I expect them to be common everywhere in the next 10-20 years. I do understand what you are getting at though.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

I’m thinking ahead. I expect them to be common everywhere in the next 10-20 years. I do understand what you are getting at though.

When elec gets to be the norm, and it will, batteries will be standardized and interchangeable between maker lines, at the least.

There will be charging stations, along the lines of gas stations now, where you can pull your elec in, pay for the refill, and the batteries will be exchanged with charged ones.

Then, you drive off, and at some point, it will be faster than pumping gas and you won't have ta get outta your car.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

When elec gets to be the norm, and it will, batteries will be standardized and interchangeable between maker lines, at the least.

There will be charging stations, along the lines of gas stations now, where you can pull your elec in, pay for the refill, and the batteries will be exchanged with charged ones.

Then, you drive off, and at some point, it will be faster than pumping gas and you won't have ta get outta your car.

Right, but I still see folks regularly run out of gas. There are no shortages of gas stations around here.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Right, but I still see folks regularly run out of gas. There are no shortages of gas stations around here.

No shortage of dumbasses either.

There will always be plenty to go around.

Seems that running out of gas doesn't educate them either..

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

I'm not trying ta talk you outta takin a shot.

Just tryin ta throw out the future, so you can be ready.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

I'm not trying ta talk you outta takin a shot.

Just tryin ta throw out the future, so you can be ready.

That’s why I asked. Thanks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Batteries are standardized now because they're small and simple. Electric car batteries are and will be huge and proprietary and will likely be that way for a long time. I don't see a company like Tesla sharing their battery tech with anyone or wanting other vendor batteries in their cars. just a guess though. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (12344mag, 16penny, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 160user, 163bc, 51 invisible), 1,822 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,869
Posts18,497,508
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.