-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Loggah, as much as you have added since I was there I would advise you to spend the winter designing Vault #2 &#3 (non-Savage guns & non-guns) with connecting tunnels including one to the house. Then when the ice clears you will be ready to start the summers project.

...and maybe you could get Cheryl to take multi digital photos of each item and upload to the Cloud for our viewing pleasure? grin wink

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

GB1

L
Loggah Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Rick, My septic system is between the vault and the house, could make for a schitty tunnel !!!! eek grin I haven't been getting to many guns lately been busy on other projects! blush I had to get these 1944 Sterling all wheel drive trucks home, the navy had 100 of them made in 1944 to haul torpedos. Since i have 2 of them i have the worlds largest collection !!!!! grin grin

[Linked Image from pbase.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Gonna get some torpedoes to go with those trucks? Those things are certainly a couple of beasts!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Okay Don... now you need a couple Halpin-Savage torpedoes for those trucks.

[Linked Image from ia801606.us.archive.org]

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't know which I would enjoy more- an afternoon in The Vault or a hell-bent-for-election romp through New Hampshire in one of those beasts with Don at the wheel with a maniacal grin on his face.😀😎

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If it were me I'd say storm the Siegfried Line with a formation of Sterlings! There is a Siegfried Line in New Hampshire, isn't there? Damn the torpedoes, four speed ahead! Or would that be 10-speed?

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Id bet theres still a few of my Finger Prints in the Vault! looks like your starting to get the back yard filled up again!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I don't know which I would enjoy more- an afternoon in The Vault or a hell-bent-for-election romp through New Hampshire in one of those beasts with Don at the wheel with a maniacal grin on his face.😀😎

LOL!!! Would be fun to get behind the wheel of one of those Sterlings. For alot of the 19 years I spent as a heavy equipment operator I operated one of those 40 ton off road 6 wheel drive articulated haul trucks with tires a bit over 6' in height. Even with 30-40 ton of dirt on them they could crawl through about anything. When ya got one of those stuck in what we called a "shxt hole", you were stuck, sometimes took a dozer pullin and a back hoe pushin to get ya out. One of my co-workers once said he had envisions of taking one of those Cat or Volvo trucks and just start driving across country eluding the police and see how far he could get. I agreed with him, but my law enforcement background said it would be a stupid thing to do, maybe a fun ride, but one of those things you'd get locked up for and they'd lose the key. You could though make it a chase across 'hill and dale' that would make the local evening news. grin grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Loggah

Are they for restoration or just yard art? Any idea how many of the 100 are still out there?

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Savage94C
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

LOL!!! Would be fun to get behind the wheel of one of those Sterlings. One of my co-workers once said he had envisions of taking one of those Cat or Volvo trucks and just start driving across country eluding the police and see how far he could get. You could though make it a chase across 'hill and dale' that would make the local evening news. grin grin

That remark reminds me of this (remember ?) : click on me

It kind of got lost in the national news because of President Reagan dying the same day .

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I remember that. Wonder what kind of sentence he would have gotten if he hadn't taken himself out. That dozer looks like a D8 Cat. We had one of those with a ripper like the one in the picture. Alot of power in that dozer, wouldn't have had any problems going into what buildings he damaged.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We were in Granby a few months later and some of the buildings looked like WWII ruins in Germany.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We went through Granby a week or so afterwards. The damage was horrible.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
L
Loggah Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
That dozer was a armored 155 komatsu! i had a couple of them at that time,between d8-d9 cat size 50 tons with ripper. I sold mine to a guy in Pennsylvania to reclaim a 80 acre strip mine. Rick im going to get one running out of the pair, maybe grin I think there might be a dozen or so still in existence,from the Sterling collectors group.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Don, I think you could put three Weasels on the back of each. Then when Gary, Jerry, John, Randy, and I come to visit there would be one for each of us to play with.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
L
Loggah Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
grin Joe there is plenty of "JUNK" here to keep you guys amused ! grin grin

B
B
WOW!! What an amazing collection!!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Loggah
Rick, My septic system is between the vault and the house, could make for a schitty tunnel !!!! eek grin I haven't been getting to many guns lately been busy on other projects! blush I had to get these 1944 Sterling all wheel drive trucks home, the navy had 100 of them made in 1944 to haul torpedos. Since i have 2 of them i have the worlds largest collection !!!!! grin grin

Don, what kind of engine are in these "original"

L
Loggah Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Ken,They have a waukesha 6 cylinder flathead model 6srkr 519 c.i. 125 h.p. thats not a lot of horsepower in todays world but enough for 1944. The top speed on these was probably 45 mph. Don

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
those are cool. antique cars seem to be pretty popular around here. Some of us are caravaning to Rock Springs for a car show next Saturday.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

283 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 29 invisible), 2,102 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,745
Posts18,495,180
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.