Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by szihn
Do you mean letting someone go with a warning for going 10 over the speed limit when there is no traffic?

Or do you mean letting a whole lot of traitors go, as they burn cities, loot, rape, rob, vandalize and sometimes murder?

Funny, but in the last 6 months I have seen a LOT more of the 2nd category on TV, but in 64 years I have seen the 1st category only 1 time personally, and heard of it by others it's happened to. So that's 3 I know of.

In category 1, lets just guess how many innocent people were looted, robbed, raped, murdered threatened and vandalized in ....say....the last 4 weeks? How about in the last year. Wanna guess a number?

Think it's more then 3?

Witnessing felonious assault and giving a verbal to a speeder are the same thing to you?

Rhetorical question

MAGA

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

In that respect, 13% of the population comprises more than half the crimes committed & that is exactly the problem. Which half the country doesn't want to either face up to nor solve.

MM

The problem is the liberals can’t see it as that, they see it as whitey has all the privilege and that the 13% black population is targeted unfairly, just look, over 50% of the crimes are prosecuted against them. White privileged is alive and well...

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by stxhunter

LOL. Good one Roger. And very appropriate.

A discussion on the Camp 🔥 that doesn't descend to insults and slurs.

Sorry Gruff. Ain’t gonna happen.

I do tend to ride toward windmills on occasion. smile

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by stxhunter

LOL. Good one Roger. And very appropriate.

A discussion on the Camp 🔥 that doesn't descend to insults and slurs.

Sorry Gruff. Ain’t gonna happen.

I do tend to ride toward windmills on occasion. smile

LOL 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Gruff,
cops already choose which laws they want to enforce, at least that's been my experience. Year ago it was not uncommon to be told to "get the car home and we don't want to see it on the street until 0700, if we do you're going straight downtown. " And more than once we were told to spill out the booze, you're underage and then let go to continue our evening.

I'm not terribly unhappy with law enforcement as it predominantly stands today. That said, some major metro areas are WAY different than what I experience out here now.

I happen to think court cases have led to some of the issues. I'm no fan of the "no-knock" warrants in general, but I do recognize the need in certain cases . Better intel might lead to better results and fewer mistaken addresses and such.

Cops should be able to do their jobs, as best they can, but others have noted there's a high percentage of Type A personalities that apply and are chosen for the job of policing. Not always a bad thing, but those types are not known for their "restraint". ( https://www.powerofpositivity.com/10-traits-of-a-type-a-personality/ )

Now, lets see where we get with the descending into "insults and slurs".

And if that DUI the cop lets go home kills a family on their way home from visiting grandma, how many are going to give him a pass?
Good grief Gruff. That's the same old song and dance cops always use. And for the record, I don't know the difference between officer discretion and picking and choosing. Sounds like slightly different ways to describe the same thing.

Personally, I'd like to see all LEO crap scrapped and a return to Peace Officers. Maybe that's just semantics, but I believe words have meaning. There are some fine cops out there. Let them do their jobs and protect and serve rather than just be an agent of the local commies. This shixt where guys like Kyle Rittenhouse get arrested and rot in jail (AFAIK he ain't out) is bs, especially when there's a catch and release policy where BLM is concerned.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Many don't seem to understand the difference between officer discretion and picking which laws to enforce.

For those posters that say "yes", does that apply to practicing moslem Somali emigres in MN (just for an example) too? Or just your local cop you don't want to enforce the law your elected government passed?

With the mask laws/mandates in so many areas not being enforced I think yes is the only reasonable answer. And that’s just a current example.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
By any standard, & taken on the whole, the problems in this country stem far more from blacks that don't think that they should be subject to any laws, than frame any "bad" cops or selective enforcement.

In that respect, 13% of the population comprises more than half the crimes committed & that is exactly the problem. Which half the country doesn't want to either face up to nor solve.

And there is no one to blame for that except the blacks, as there is no one able to solve those problems but the blacks................but they can't & they won't.

Anyone who sincerely believes that cops & law enforcement are THE problem have serious issues that need resolution.

MM

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS, and it's about time someone actually puts it in perspective.^^^^^^^^^^^

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Dodge268, I am betting you are feeling insulted and attacked now. Please don't.

You see, as a cop it's YOUR SWORN JOB to uphold the Constitution and be the warrior for the people. if you don't like that, quit, but don't act like your money is more important than mine of any one else. And from what you write, it sounds like you ARE trying. But calling out the faults of the system of allowing obvious wrong doing to continue in the name of "keeping the job" is the reason and the ONLY reason our county is now in danger of being destroyed. As I said before, politicians and judges NEVER kick doors, NEVER strong arm people, and NEVER arrest people. ONLY Cops do that.

If you re-read my article I wrote here (link>> https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...d-the-horse-they-road-in-on#Post15228651 ) you'll see scathing rebuke for corruption, but not for honest brave cops and never for a cop who will stand his ground against something that is OBVIOUSLY evil and unconstitutional.

If you did stand against unlawful orders and you did arrest those giving them and you were fired you have the option (and the duty) to sue for wrongful termination and can site the Bill of Rights as a reason to NOT obey orders, and article 3 section 3 for arresting someone giving you unlawful orders that are evil, and you DO HAVE FULL power to arrest anyone for treason or operation under color of law. those are both felonies. Can you win? Maybe and maybe not, but doing it will cause an effect to let evil politicians know they are not safe in their crimes and bring attention to the issue. Let the evil people defend themselves in front of a court and call for PUBLIC review. Like Richard Mack, that is how you be a VERY GOOD COP, not going along to get along. Bring it into the public eye. That's what you swore to do. Talk to your fellow officers and see what they say. But the "thin blue line' needs to be a line between the innocent and the evil ones, not ant a rope to tie the innocent up with so the evil ones can hurt them more.

We have lawful methods to act on. If you and other cops don't do it and just keep going along to get along, do you actually think you will have better options in the future with a communist overthrow of our nation? Do you think you will be honored and still get your pension when taxes have to be raised 3 to 6 time higher?

The paycheck and retirement you are hoping for will be some of the first things you'll see destroyed under the new system YOU are working to promote-------- by not defying it and opposing it.

please think about this and understand you can't avoid the issue.

Last edited by szihn; 09/16/20.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I don't think it's just blacks, but scumbags of all sorts and those that have allowed the downplay of serious crimes and over-criminaization of chit that is not actually felony level.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I don;t feel attacked or insulted. I just don't understand why people don't get that you have to work inside the system. What my ideals are are different from the reality where I live. I wish everything was as cut and dried as it seems in the internet world where you live. I do what I can where I can and try to live with the rest.
Patrick

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Personally, I'd like to see all LEO crap scrapped and a return to Peace Officers. Maybe that's just semantics, but I believe words have meaning. There are some fine cops out there. Let them do their jobs and protect and serve rather than just be an agent of the local commies. This shixt where guys like Kyle Rittenhouse get arrested and rot in jail (AFAIK he ain't out) is bs, especially when there's a catch and release policy where BLM is concerned.

The only way to do that is to eliminate city and state cops as they are beholden to the mayor or governor and return to just local Sheriffs as they are beholden to the people as they are elected.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dodge268
I have done this job for better than 20 years. I do my dead level best to be fair in my enforcement of the law. Officer discretion has gotten me better results than any other "tool" that I have. Not everyone needs to go to jail. Blanket enforcement with no consideration for the individual is n,ot good. Cops are people, people with families. The world isn't black and white. Being a cop isn't either. Everything is in the nuance. I understand the internet outrage, but temper it knowing that the outraged people are seeing things from the outside.
Patrick

Cudos to you sir.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Good grief Gruff. That's the same old song and dance cops always use. And for the record, I don't know the difference between officer discretion and picking and choosing. Sounds like slightly different ways to describe the same thing.

I haven't seen any singing or dancing.

Agents of the local commies. Would those commies be the ones elected into positions of power?

So, to paraphrase, you want the cops who are hired to enforce the law, to ignore the laws passed by the folks elected into positions to make the laws. Is that a fair assessment?

Assuming said laws aren't in direct conflict with the constitution. But having said that, who interprets the constitution? The random dude sitting at the computer posting on a message board, or the judges elected or appointed by those elected?

Elections have consequences, that's not limited to POTUS.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I just want them to enforce the law EXACTLY THE SAME on politicians/mayors/judges/each other as they do on us peons. LMFAO !!

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I just want them to enforce the law EXACTLY THE SAME on politicians/mayors/judges/each other as they do on us peons. LMFAO !!

That is something I don't think anybody could disagree with.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Gruff,
cops already choose which laws they want to enforce, at least that's been my experience. Year ago it was not uncommon to be told to "get the car home and we don't want to see it on the street until 0700, if we do you're going straight downtown. " And more than once we were told to spill out the booze, you're underage and then let go to continue our evening.

I'm not terribly unhappy with law enforcement as it predominantly stands today. That said, some major metro areas are WAY different than what I experience out here now.

I happen to think court cases have led to some of the issues. I'm no fan of the "no-knock" warrants in general, but I do recognize the need in certain cases . Better intel might lead to better results and fewer mistaken addresses and such.

Cops should be able to do their jobs, as best they can, but others have noted there's a high percentage of Type A personalities that apply and are chosen for the job of policing. Not always a bad thing, but those types are not known for their "restraint". ( https://www.powerofpositivity.com/10-traits-of-a-type-a-personality/ )

Now, lets see where we get with the descending into "insults and slurs".

And if that DUI the cop lets go home kills a family on their way home from visiting grandma, how many are going to give him a pass?

Have not heard of it happening the way I described in over thirty years. And yes, that was not so smart. Neither was giving an "upstanding member of the community" a ride home in the back seat while officer #2 drove the person's car home for them.

Neither was the looking the other way when someones old man whacked the kids, or the old lady in a manner which today would be called child or spousal abuse. The next time he might kill a kid or his wife. And yep, it happened that way in the "olden days" I lived through, just like telling a borderline (or over the line no doubt) DUI to get the car home.

How does one limit lack of smarts in officer discretion? Have them enforce the law stringently every time?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I don't think it's just blacks, but scumbags of all sorts and those that have allowed the downplay of serious crimes and over-criminaization of chit that is not actually felony level.

No,

it's just the blecks.

Well, maybe some of them Latinos too.

And a few of them Asian gangsters.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by dodge268
I have done this job for better than 20 years. I do my dead level best to be fair in my enforcement of the law. Officer discretion has gotten me better results than any other "tool" that I have. Not everyone needs to go to jail. Blanket enforcement with no consideration for the individual is n,ot good. Cops are people, people with families. The world isn't black and white. Being a cop isn't either. Everything is in the nuance. I understand the internet outrage, but temper it knowing that the outraged people are seeing things from the outside.
Patrick

Cudos to you sir.

Thanks

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don’t particularly care for law enforcement as a group, but I don’t see any way a policeman could make the public happy right now. I also don’t see what would draw anyone to that career at this time.

I’d bet in the next 10-20 years you.’lol see some real losers wearing badges. I sure wouldn’t want to do it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Not realistic. If they did that, they wouldn’t have a job for long.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,272
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.