Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 40 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 39 40
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Funny, hunters draw the line for other hunters all the time, hence the reason things like spot lights, baiting and aircraft are illegal in many if not most areas. When you can sit there having a conversation with your buddies in a normal voice, have to yell for the deer to even hear you and even then it isn't sure what it heard or where it came from and doesn't spook, you are too far away for that animal to have a sporting chance of identifying danger and making an escape for it to constitute sporting and fair chase. Just watch Burns video. It's all there.

That's what I'm asking all of you. As for me, as I said before, if you can stand there having a conversation with your buddies in full voice and have to yell just for the deer to even hear you, and even then it can't identify what it heard or where it came from, it's too far for it to have a reasonable chance at detecting danger and making an escape.

Maybe it should be a mano e mano game. That would be fair and sporting. By the way, government drew those lines, not other hunters. You are advocating for more government without even realizing it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by Fotis
Very diplomatic answer.

Yes, where did that come from?

Weed legal over there?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Funny, hunters draw the line for other hunters all the time, hence the reason things like spot lights, baiting and aircraft are illegal in many if not most areas. When you can sit there having a conversation with your buddies in a normal voice, have to yell for the deer to even hear you and even then it isn't sure what it heard or where it came from and doesn't spook, you are too far away for that animal to have a sporting chance of identifying danger and making an escape for it to constitute sporting and fair chase. Just watch Burns video. It's all there.

That's what I'm asking all of you. As for me, as I said before, if you can stand there having a conversation with your buddies in full voice and have to yell just for the deer to even hear you, and even then it can't identify what it heard or where it came from, it's too far for it to have a reasonable chance at detecting danger and making an escape.

Maybe it should be a mano e mano game. That would be fair and sporting. By the way, government drew those lines, not other hunters. You are advocating for more government without even realizing it.
No gov't didn't draw those lines, at least not here. NYDEC works with the conservation council, which is made up of hunters, landowners, farmers and insurance companies, on most hunting regulations. Hunters generally don't support what they consider to be to "unsportsmanlike" hunting methods/practices here, which is exactly the reason baiting, dogs and shooting from a motor vehicle are illegal. Farmers, insurance companies and DEC generally don't give a fuuck as long as sustainable harvest quota's and license sales are met. You should stick to things you know something about bicycle boy, like cute little spandex outfits perhaps.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Hot off the presses.

Leupold MK5 delivers yet once again.

First elk with Wyoming Arms 4 Squared suppressor, thanks Brad Dana.

420 yds and might break 400 inches.

Brad Dana.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

That bull is a stud!!! Congratulations to that hunter. Bull of a lifetime.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No gov't didn't draw those lines, at least not here. NYDEC works with the conservation council, which is made up of hunters, landowners, farmers and insurance companies, on most hunting regulations. Hunters here generally don't support what they consider to be to "unsportsmanlike" hunting methods/practices here. Farmers, insurance companies and DEC generally don't give a fuuck as long as sustainable hasrvest quouta's and license sales are met. If hunters didn't want such rules,Boone and Crocket wouldn't have rules like no high fences for inclusion into the books. You should stick to things you know something about bicycle boy, like cute little spandex outfits perhaps.

For your viewing pleasure.

This is not your tame setting where you mow the lawn and putter about on your ATV.

If you want elk meat it pays to be a bit handy in things rifle and a gadget or 2 might be helpful if you're willing to put in the work. grin

Looks easy if you did the prior preparations and topped your rifle with a Leupold. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
No gov't didn't draw those lines, at least not here. NYDEC works with the conservation council, which is made up of hunters, landowners, farmers and insurance companies, on most hunting regulations. Hunters here generally don't support what they consider to be to "unsportsmanlike" hunting methods/practices here. Farmers, insurance companies and DEC generally don't give a fuuck as long as sustainable hasrvest quouta's and license sales are met. If hunters didn't want such rules,Boone and Crocket wouldn't have rules like no high fences for inclusion into the books. You should stick to things you know something about bicycle boy, like cute little spandex outfits perhaps.

This is not your tame setting where you mow the lawn and putter about on your ATV.

If you want elk meat it pays to be a bit handy in things rifle and a gadget or 2 might be helpful if you're willing to put in the work. grin

Looks easy if you did the prior preparations and topped your rifle with a Leupold. laugh

Nice shooting. I'm enjoying the pics you're putting up.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by Judman
Btw my new batch of layin hens are doin stellar!! 😂😂
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Hey Judman,
What happened to Fred?
Nice chickens!

How long before they start laying?
What breed are they?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey Tex, all barred rock except the little white bugger is a lace feathered banty. Should be layin in about 4-5 months.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Looks like the vld haters need to watch some of these videos. 😛😎

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Burns, which is better on average at tracking and zero retention, Leupold or Nightforce?

I don't have a dog in this fight but in order to answer that question wouldn't one have to know the total number of scopes built by Leupold and Nightforce? That is a number that I doubt that either company would give out as public info.
Then of course you would have to weed out the ones that where the failure was caused by accidental damage rather than a scope design or manufacture fault. It seems to me that you are asking a question that is impossible to answer.

drover

That could be tested with enough (at least 30) scope samples of each brand with a series of ladder tests.

It would at least define how the scopes work in new condition, no info about long term durability & function.

It would take a fair amount of time & shooting.

I'd like to see it as I haven't bought any new Leupolds for a very long time.

MM

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like the vld haters need to watch some of these videos. 😛😎

VLDs and Leupold are a sure recipe for failure.

105gr VLD on 688yds elk. Leupold is a given.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Most of my rifles wear Leupolds. I don't need them to track, just hold zero cuz I know how to hunt. If I had stupid deer like the high Wyoming success rates show yours to be, I wouldn't use a scope at all. I want to hunt, not just kill things. Oh yeah, and the 10 point I have hanging on the wall behind me is considerably larger than the one you posted a pic of earlier. He was taken at 25 yards with iron sights.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Most of my rifles wear Leupolds. I don't need them to track, just hold zero cuz I know how to hunt. If I had stupid deer like the high Wyoming success rates show, I wouldn't use a scope at all.

Child please....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most of my rifles wear Leupolds. I don't need them to track, just hold zero cuz I know how to hunt. If I had stupid deer like the high Wyoming success rates show, I wouldn't use a scope at all.

Alas I am not so good a hunter so optics that dial help me fill the freezer.

Some of my buddies also struggle and don't have your hunting skillz but do have optics that dial.

We all have to play the hand we were dealt and not everyone has your awesome hunting abilities. smirk

John Burns

I have all the sources.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Alas I am not so good a hunter so optics that dial help me fill the freezer.

Some of my buddies also struggle and don't have your hunting skillz but do have optics that dial.

We all have to play the hand we were dealt and not everyone has your awesome hunting abilities. smirk
Considering my success rate, it's obvious not many have my skills. They say 10% of the hunters kill 90% of the deer here. Obviously that puts me somewhere in the top 10%.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Child please....

You’re a sniper today!

Everyone’s bucks and bulls are bigger on the net.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Considering my success rate, it's obvious not many have my skills. They say 10% of the hunters kill 90% of the deer here. Obviously that puts me somewhere in the top 10%.

Obviously. wink

Deer that ignore a lawn mower and ATV might also help, Just Sayin.

That said those of us that lack your "obvious" skillz must supplement with gadgets.

A hunters gotta eat. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Obviously. wink

Deer that ignore a lawn mower and ATV might also help, Just Sayin.

That said those of us that lack your "obvious" skillz must supplement with gadgets.

A hunters gotta eat. grin
Your deer are no wilder or wary than they are here. Your hunter success rate actually shows the opposite in fact.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by beretzs

Child please....

You’re a sniper today!

Everyone’s bucks and bulls are bigger on the net.

😂😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can someone else start fighting with Burns?,,,,,,Please!

😂😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 31 of 40 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,825
Posts18,477,900
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.