Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Keep hearing about the lasting effects. Kawasaki type stuff. Time will tell.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Got it.

Mormon milquetoast, again.

Sad!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
We’re all going to get it. Why wait? Rip the bandaid off.....

Said the same thing on my family text with my siblings the other day.

I'm about ready to take a nose swab with a dose just to get it all over with, to heck with waiting for a vaccine.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Not too worried, especially about college age folks. Just interested in seeing how this unfolds.

The one thing that concerns me is my wife. She's 78 with chronic asthma, so she is in about the highest risk group.

Be not weary in well doing.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Last time i went to the doc they asked me all of the questions.

I had a sinus infection and had several.

They tried to get me to sign the test sheet to get the test but i told them hell no all i had was sinus.

They did drop the demand.

It's crazy.

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by Blackheart
We had over 700 cases in the first two weeks in a college here in upstate NY. They closed it down, sent all the students home and are going completely virtual for at least the first semester. Last I read, some of the infected students were seriously sick. The bigger concern is how many older locals did the students infect while galivanting around town. Time will tell.

Yep, you better save yourself and start shootin’ them no good younguns, before it’s too late.
I don't live near that college. It's in the next County. They sent them home anyway and the biggest share don't actually live near here. No, they import most of the worthless little commie bastards up here from NYC, about 200 miles South. I wouldn't go to that shyt hole again for anything if you held a gun to my head and a red hot poker to my ass hole.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. People catch colds all time and some even die from the complactitons. How many people do you know that have died from the China flu? That's how you determine the risk factor, everything else is just BS that might or might not be true.

Life is good live it while you can.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Still not as bad as crabs.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the local colleges are going thru that now - it seems like it has a 3 week span and then they figure out how to deal with it on campus and move on.

My daughters school had some very high numbers at first, now they have gone down and the school has lifted some of the restrictions. Their fear of overwhelming the health care system seems to have passed. I would expect them to be back to whatever is normal pre-vaccine in 2 -3 weeks.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/18/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by denton
Here in Utah, we are seeing the effect of NOT social distancing. College is back in session, and Covid has exploded in Provo, home to two large institutions. Daily new cases are now running 60 per 100K there, as opposed to 30 in SLC and 15 here north of SLC.

Of course, Covid death rates are much lower than they were earlier, and it might be OK to just let it burn through the student population. I don't know.

If this is what will happen all over, then we are about to see a major second wave, and also appreciate the effects of the painful shutdown.

Personally, I am so "dang" tired of this that I would almost rather catch it and be immune so I can resume normal activity. Almost.

You say 'cases' but how many are sick? Or, are they just tested as positive? There's a huge difference. A positive test when there are no symptoms can mean only 2 things: the person has been exposed and the body is fighting it off, or the test is faulty. Counting healthy positive tests as having the disease is the most fraudulent act we've seen in this country in many years.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The grandfather and grandmother of a client that I was working with last week tested positive. He had two positive tests before a negative and was off work for 2 months. Grandma had three positive tests before testing negative. The health department for their county, based on CDC guidelines, told them that they were not contagious (per grandpa). No one in their family contracted the virus from them nor were they symptomatic.

Anecdotal evidence but enough to convince me that there is a heightened level of anxiety that has needlessly caused excessive harm to our country.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Kentucky's voluntary covid-19 testing is rather curious in that they are limiting testing to only 1 hour window of availability at single location in smaller population counties and just 2 hours in counties with larger populations, and even then just one day, once or twice a month. It's almost as if they only want to administer just enough tests until they achieve a desired percentage peak of positive results.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
The USA with shutdowns has a higher death rate at over 600 per million than Sweden that didn't, and Japan who did not shut down either has a rate of 12 per million

Probably because we (usa) have a lot of obese geezers that live on prescription medications and soda...when they get the 'rona its curtains..

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 09/18/20.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Sorry to hear about your wife’s compromised situation Denton.

This is a load they’ll leverage to justify lack of debates and mail on voter fraud.

Period.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If people would wash their damn hands!...

Poor hygiene is what is making this crap spread....
especially via minorities.. that have poor hygiene habits...

the number of cases per million is lower in Japan or Sweden... because people use a bar of soap and wash themselves often...
washing hands has more potential to stop the spread than wearing these damn masks 24/7 iMHO...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
Had neighbors “test” positive without taking the test in the first place. Got tired of waiting in line and left. Same neighbors 2year old “tested positive” but no one else in the house ever got it. We all got tested cause we all pile up and eat at one house or the other every night. None of us even have the antibodies. Makes about as much sense as wiping before you poop.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live outside a college town. They do 700 tests per day, and surprisingly they are getting record number of cases. It is in the paper every day. Headlines like politicians staggered by the record number of cases and don't know how to stop the covid. Meanwhile my wife is a nurse, and the hospital has zero covid patients. They have opened up elective procedures 100%.
My math says, more positive cases with no bad illness is good. This fear pumping is really getting old.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Terryk
I live outside a college town. They do 700 tests per day, and surprisingly they are getting record number of cases. It is in the paper every day. Headlines like politicians staggered by the record number of cases and don't know how to stop the covid. Meanwhile my wife is a nurse, and the hospital has zero covid patients. They have opened up elective procedures 100%.
My math says, more positive cases with no bad illness is good. This fear pumping is really getting old.

Exactly. Unfortunately, Far too many have been lathered up into a froth with Scientism rather than science as the means to inform their decisions and opinions.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
60 per 100,000

At this rate it'll take 10 years to get herd immunity!
Come-on man, y'all gotta start licking more handrails!

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
College freshman I know in North Texas, a top athlete in exceptional shape, got it and was in the ICU for a spell, was considered for a ventilator to hear him tell it. Now at home felling like schidt and recovering.

So it can make young folks sick too.

He was planning on the Military, I hope this don't screw that up.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 58 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.