Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Lee Collet Neck Die and 223? If so, I'm in.

Won’t work on a progressive.

It certainly does

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Made this video many years ago
Was using a Redding bushing neck die with a carbide bushing so no lube required
Have since gone to a LCD and it works better, set the die to cam over slightly.Dillon 223
Done many thousands this way and they shoot as good as the rifle will

Edited to add the rifle IS sub moa all day long

Last edited by Castle_Rock; 09/17/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Do I see the Lee Factory Crimp die .

Yes sir you do. I really like the FC dies, you can really dial them in good and they seem to work extremely well.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Use undersized mandrels as needed I'd suppose?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got Lee Factory Crimp Dies for nearly everything including 556.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Use undersized mandrels as needed I'd suppose?

Yep

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Have since gone to a LCD and it works better, set the die to cam over slightly.Dillon 223

I have several Lee Collet dies. These I use for my bolt action rifles, never for a semi-auto, unless I couple it with a Redding Body die.

Lee does not recommend setting the Collet die to Cam/Toggle over. No feel and can damage the die.
. Other brands of presses that toggle or snap over center at the end of the stroke provide no feel and can damage the collet neck sizing die if adjusted as above. We suggest the die be screwed in until the die contacts the shell holder, plus 2 FULL TURNS. This will prevent the press from toggling over center and give the operator feel of the collet closing.

I have tried setting a Collet die to cam over on my RCBS Turret press, I was not successful.
Now all my Collet dies are set up according to Lee’s +2 Turns as well as undersized mandrel.

If I were to go progressive, I would not use a neck die.

Last edited by steve4102; 09/17/20.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Do I see the Lee Factory Crimp die .

Yes sir you do. I really like the FC dies, you can really dial them in good and they seem to work extremely well.

Excellent.

I use the Lee Factory Crimp Die for all of my Semi-Auto rifles in various cartridges.

I have done extensive testing in all, both with the LFC die and without.

In all of my testing and hundreds of rounds the LFC dies improved accuracy, except for one, my 6.5 Grendel.
The accuracy in the Grendal was not affected one way or the other, but I still crimp those loads.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

I have several Lee Collet dies. These I use for my bolt action rifles, never for a semi-auto, unless I couple it with a Redding Body die.

Lee does not recommend setting the Collet die to Cam/Toggle over. No feel and can damage the die.
. Other brands of presses that toggle or snap over center at the end of the stroke provide no feel and can damage the collet neck sizing die if adjusted as above. We suggest the die be screwed in until the die contacts the shell holder, plus 2 FULL TURNS. This will prevent the press from toggling over center and give the operator feel of the collet closing.

I have tried setting a Collet die to cam over on my RCBS Turret press, I was not successful.
Now all my Collet dies are set up according to Lee’s +2 Turns as well as undersized mandrel.

Okie dokie.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Nothing like some dick on the internet telling you something you have been successfully doing for years won’t work

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
But Lee says so, if adjusted as above. LOL, The trick must be adjusting as needed, to work as desired, as is the case with all dies. Goodtimes.

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

o

Nothing like some dick on the internet telling you something you have been successfully doing for years won’t work

F*ck you
I never said it wouldn’t work, I said I didn’t have success with the the cam over.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Lee Collet Neck Die and 223? If so, I'm in.

Won’t work on a progressive.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
well Actually you did

Last edited by Castle_Rock; 09/17/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I'm doing semi ammo that needs FL sizing, I have a head for that. I tumble them clean, then run the cases through a deprime/FL size only/inside neck in three separate dies on the head. Then tumble the whole snotting batch clean, take a sample of 10 or 15 to see if a trim is needed, either yes or no.

Final loading sequence goes final neck in and out/prime/powder/seat, which is the way I load bolter cases, cleaned but not lubed because they don't need it.

One advantage, a big one, is when a case sticks and rips out. It's a simple matter to unscrew the FL die and put a nice solid rod in to whack out the case and go again.

Second advantage, another big one, is "feel" and "smoothness." While I've got everything bolted down pretty rock solid, it's basically a better stroke and the powder drops more consistently if you're not whamming and jamming the full-length sizing forces and doing everything else at the same time.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hornady One Shot is designed to be left on the case.

If anybody tells you that is detrimental, they are fugk tards.

If you have a problem not wiping down every cartridge, you shouldn't be using a progressive.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
well Actually you did

Steve is a nice guy.

And he thinks he shoots a lot.

I don't really have the heart to tell him he has a lot to learn. LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Hornady One Shot is designed to be left on the case.

If anybody tells you that is detrimental, they are fugk tards.

If you have a problem not wiping down every cartridge, you shouldn't be using a progressive.

Good point

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I spray cases down w/Hornady One-Shot. Load the lubed cases into the auto-feeder on my 650. Then I start pulling the handle with the goal of doing nothing more than deprime/re-size on this run. Then they go into the tumbler with very fine corn-cob floor-dry that DOESN'T stick in the flash hole. After tumbling, run them through the separator to get the media out and the prepped brass can sit prepped until I'm ready to load it.

Prior to buying the 650, I would re-size/de-prime single-stage then fill everything back up on a 550. I still do that for all the other rifle cases I load on a 550 (22-250, 243, 270, 7-08, 308).

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sharp Shoot R Royal Case Sizing Lube 5 oz Aerosol this is the stuff I use for case lube and it is the best I have found. Plus it smells GREAT:)

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012981131?pid=782240

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (16penny, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.