Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
What are Amy Barret's political positions, other than generally being conservative? Any one know her position as to the Second Amendment? Please, just the known facts. No guesses. Thanks!

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’m sure they’re all better than Ginsburg’s were.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
She is definitely pro-life and I believe that she is pro second amendment. She is a strict constitutionalist.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It seems she has not ruled directly regarding the 2A. This is from Wikipedia:
F
Second Amendment
Kanter v. Barr, 919 F.3d 437 (7th Cir. 2019).[57] Barrett wrote a lengthy dissent in favor of gun-ownership rights. The plaintiff was convicted of mail fraud for submitting bills to Medicare for reimbursement for non-compliant therapeutic shoe inserts. Due to his felony conviction, he was not allowed to legally possess a firearm. He challenged this denial and the majority upheld the felony dispossession statutes as "substantially related to an important government interest in preventing gun violence."[57] Barrett dissented, stating that while the government has a legitimate interest in denying gun possession to felons convicted of violent crimes, there is no evidence that denying guns to non-violent felons promotes this interest, and that denying such rights is a violation of the second amendment.[58][59] Highlighting Barrett’s historical and originalist approach, the National Review lauded Barrett’s “impressive” Kanter dissent.[60]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does she own a gun? If not, Pres. Trump can pick somebody else, I'm tired of schitthead feral judges like Justice John Roberts. I want a gun owner who will fight FOR the 2nd Amendment, not just kinda/sorta act half-ass for gun ownership.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Does she own a gun? If not, Pres. Trump can pick somebody else, I'm tired of schitthead feral judges like Justice John Roberts. I want a gun owner who will fight FOR the 2nd Amendment, not just kinda/sorta act half-ass for gun ownership.

Yep. A preferably a MAN.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep. A preferably a MAN.

I'd take Amy over Johnny.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep. A preferably a MAN.

I'd take Amy over Johnny.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This any day, every day, all day.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
L. Lin Wood

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right now from what I read Ted Cruz is the man Donald Trump has in mind to replace her.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Right now from what I read Ted Cruz is the man Donald Trump has in mind to replace her.

I’d take Ted over ALL other Nominees.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can Ted vote for himself during confirmation? We will need every vote we can get!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ted has already turned down the offer from Trump- preferring to make change at the legislative level by fighting the conservative fight. Judging by his demeanor since the election, I agree we need him right where he is....

I've watched Amy Barret on videos and interviews and she is a very impressive jurist. Strictly constitutional, which means she won't be making law from the bench such as RBG seemed to try to do along with the other activist justices... I think she would be a excellent pick and would possible pass much easier than Kavanaugh... I would think it would be unthinkable for the democrats to put a woman nominee through the same BS they put Kavanaugh through in the last appointment....

The biggest problem at the moment is that Mitt Romney will undoubtedly spite Trump by voting against any appointment he puts forward regardless of the qualifications. McMurtry and Collins have said they won't vote on a nominee until after the election or the inaugaration, depending on who wins the election. So, with only a 2 vote Senate majority, seating a Supreme Court justice any time soon is problematic at the moment unless McConnel can rally the votes somehow.. there is a tiny chance he has a couple democrat votes in his pocket but he isn't letting on what his game plan on except for he has promised to bring the nominee to a vote...

This is going to get ugly no matter what happens but I hope he gets it done sooner rather than later...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ted would probably be my top choice also but I think we could do a lot worse than Barret.

I’m not aware of all of her legal stances but I do know that she has a reputation for being a strict constitutionalist. If true that’s good enough for me and is basically all that I look for in a judge. We don’t need “great legal minds” our founders wrote the constitution in simple enough terms for anyone of average intelligence to easily understand. We need judges that love the constitution and honor there oath to follow it.

I think Cruz or Barret would both be very good picks and probably second on the court only to Thomas.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 09/18/20.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Wasn't Barret the one that adopted two niglets?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Definitely moves her up on the cringe factor scale for me.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Cruz needs to stay in the Senate to help maintain the R majority. If the majority is maintained or expanded he would make a great pick should President Trump get another pick in his 2nd term. Believe Judge Thomas might step down during Trumps second term should the R Senate majority be maintained. THAT would be a great time for a Cruz appointment.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
It would be hard to do better than Ted Cruz.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Definitely moves her up on the cringe factor scale for me.

Correct.

Social Justice Warrior, at heart.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sheister
Ted has already turned down the offer from Trump- preferring to make change at the legislative level by fighting the conservative fight. Judging by his demeanor since the election, I agree we need him right where he is....

I've watched Amy Barret on videos and interviews and she is a very impressive jurist. Strictly constitutional, which means she won't be making law from the bench such as RBG seemed to try to do along with the other activist justices... I think she would be a excellent pick and would possible pass much easier than Kavanaugh... I would think it would be unthinkable for the democrats to put a woman nominee through the same BS they put Kavanaugh through in the last appointment....

The biggest problem at the moment is that Mitt Romney will undoubtedly spite Trump by voting against any appointment he puts forward regardless of the qualifications. McMurtry and Collins have said they won't vote on a nominee until after the election or the inaugaration, depending on who wins the election. So, with only a 2 vote Senate majority, seating a Supreme Court justice any time soon is problematic at the moment unless McConnel can rally the votes somehow.. there is a tiny chance he has a couple democrat votes in his pocket but he isn't letting on what his game plan on except for he has promised to bring the nominee to a vote...

This is going to get ugly no matter what happens but I hope he gets it done sooner rather than later...

Sheister, I think if Trump sends up a nominee, no matter who it is, this fight will make the Kavanaugh hearings look like recess in kindergarten. It will be bad, bad, bad! But that will hurt the democrat chances in the election. I think most people are tired of their schitt show!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1badf350, 163bc, 1minute, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,594
Posts18,473,485
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.