Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Wabigoon,

Jesus said to a ruler of the Pharisees,
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.". John 3:18

Verse 36 says,
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Notice that salvation is present tense....hath everlasting life.
Preachers/ministers who aren't saved will teach that you have to wait until judgement to find out.

For the saved....heaven bound it also says,
"We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."
I Cor. 7:8 for further study.

I suggest starting tonight and every morning after prayer to begin with St. John (gospel) in the KJV Bible.
God will bless you for it.

PM anytime.
β˜• πŸ™‚ πŸ‘

Will the New King James Bible or the New American Standard Bible work?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JackM,

This one hour will help answer any questions you may have about reincarnation. This movie has a man who spent over a thousand hours interviewing hindus. I am not indian, but when I was young, I was led into a branch of that religion which is the source of teaching on reincarnation. I will answer any questions you may have after you watch it entirely, including the after the credits extra.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 09/19/20.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What Ringman said.....

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Now we can ask about Believing, and accepting the Offer?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The carnal man doesn't want to believe. Spiritual matters are Spiritually discerned. The Holy Spirit must soften the heart so it may respond. This is how we should pray for others.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Time is one of God's creations. God is able to see all time - past, present and future in His now.
So a prayer said now can affect any time, past, present or future. Praying is never a waste of time. Even if things don't turn out as you wish.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Reincarnation makes a helluva lot more sense than eternal damnation. Unless eternal damnation means you have to keep coming back and living in this schithole world we live in over and over.

Coming back as Paddler would suck.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
β€œMolon Labe”
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
So much is God's will.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Wabigoon,

Jesus said to a ruler of the Pharisees,
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.". John 3:18

Verse 36 says,
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Notice that salvation is present tense....hath everlasting life.
Preachers/ministers who aren't saved will teach that you have to wait until judgement to find out.

For the saved....heaven bound it also says,
"We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."
I Cor. 7:8 for further study.

I suggest starting tonight and every morning after prayer to begin with St. John (gospel) in the KJV Bible.
God will bless you for it.

PM anytime.
β˜• πŸ™‚ πŸ‘

Will the New King James Bible or the New American Standard Bible work?

I recommend the KJV for its accuracy, power and for how the Holy Spirit uses it to help me to understand.
I have used the NAS I don't know how much. I just don't see the same results. It contains most of God's Word, but is missing some. The New KJV likewise makes changes and deletions that drop it's value in my estimation. Read my next post to Wabigoon for an example.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Now we can ask about Believing, and accepting the Offer?

Again, go back and follow my advice.
Please write this down so its easy to remember.

Starting with the KJV John 1 underline the word BELIEVE AND EVERY FORM OF THE WORD. Emphasis added.
This include believes, believeth, believing, believed...

When you are done tonight, count how many you underlined. Write that number at the top or bottom of the page. Tomorrow, do the same with chapter 2.
Continue all the way through chapter 21.
That should take only 3 weeks if you read just one chapter per day.
Then Private Message with your answer.
I'll check it for you.
This will result in a true blessing that will boost your faith.

Any questions?

Blessings,

Happy Camper

Note: This only works with the old Authorized KIng James Bible. The NKJV and others drop some words and you'll get a different number.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[I recommend the KJV for its accuracy, power and for how the Holy Spirit uses it to help me to understand.
I have used the NAS I don't know how much. I just don't see the same results. It contains most of God's Word, but is missing some. The New KJV likewise makes changes and deletions that drop it's value in my estimation. Read my next post to Wabigoon for an example.

I was about thirty when I came to the Lord. The King James was foreign to me. When I got home from work I would read for about five hours every day. I had ten different translations and a Bible dictionary. Eventually I narrowed it down to the New American Standard, New King James, and the King James in that order. I had a friend who seriously told me, "The King James Bible exceeds the accuracy of the original languages." Do you accept that?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[I recommend the KJV for its accuracy, power and for how the Holy Spirit uses it to help me to understand.

I was about thirty when I came to the Lord. The King James was foreign to me. When I got home from work I would read for about five hours every day. I had ten different translations and a Bible dictionary. Eventually I narrowed it down to the New American Standard, New King James, and the King James in that order. I had a friend who seriously told me, "The King James Bible exceeds the accuracy of the original languages." Do you accept that?

say what?

i like the king james version.

what is the oldest testament on the urth?

where is the original copy of the five "books" of the old testament?

i'm ready to learn a bit more, without having to take things on faith,as a baptist.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What do you think, is there still "time" for departed family members to be Saved?

Only possible Biblical support for such a thing that I know of is 1 Corinthians 15:29.....

"Now if there is no resurrection, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them"?

The context of the entire chapter is teaching on the resurrection.....both of Jesus and in time believers.

What the little nugget in the 29th verse means I don't know.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

No. The KJ has inaccuracies such as Though shalt not kill and thou shalt not tell a lie.

HE had His people kill. Should be, dont commit murder, and Dont bear false witness against thy neighbor. Glaring mistakes in translation that add to HIS word.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/19/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2
The carnal man doesn't want to believe. Spiritual matters are Spiritually discerned. The Holy Spirit must soften the heart so it may respond. This is how we should pray for others.

Good show, Ol' Chap!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have never understood why one would/should pray for the deceased, and it always grabs my attention and causes me to think for a few seconds when someone says they pray for a dead person,

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

πŸ˜„. I'm not laughing at you. You just caught me off guard with your friends statement.

I praise the Lord for your diligence in reading the Bible. That's awesome!

I think we all tend to read what we are familiar with or recommended by our pastors. Then, a few of use dig into Bible apologetics or history.
I started out with a topical search.
I was a hard core evolutionist that had to come to terms with whether or not the Bible was God's true word. I settled the issue that He created everything and the O.T. was just as accurate as the verses that told me how to be saved through Christ alone.
Then I studied the topic of preservation of God's Word.
Psalm 12:6 is one that comes to mind.

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."

Wow! How pure are His Words?
Purified 7 times!!!
Who is the one who keeps them that way?
The liberal higher critics that don't believe the Bible and reject Christ? No.
The homos on some of the translation committees? No.
The Scribes? God certainly used OT scribes, but my faith is in the power of Almighty God to do as He promises!!!
"Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."
We have a new common language on earth.
I believe God kept that promise even in an english translation. I believe there must be one that is correct since all of them are different.
I don't have time tonight to get into the many reasons that I believe that it is given to us in the KJV. However, Id like to share with you this documentary on the subject. There's more to answer your questions if you want AFTER carefully and PRAYERFULLY watching this. I'll post it below.

The answer to kill= murder is an easy answer I'm too tired to address now. False translation? Not!

Almost forgot. Your friend is probably a follower of a small "baptist" group that follows a man who teaches what he said. That's the only group I know that does. Other baptists reject his teaching that the English is REinspired or corrects the Greek and Hebrew. Im drawing a blank on the name because its late,.....Ruckman. The Ruckmanites.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 09/19/20.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good night kind souls I need to sleep, may the Lord be with you till we meet again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, with God all things are possible?
God doesn't normally change his own rules. He chose the point of death to be the dividing line.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, with God all things are possible?

Ya know those people that go to church for 74 years and just sit there and lollygag?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 1_deuce, 11 invisible), 1,455 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.