Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Shooter, our NAA has one of those. Many of the 9.and 8's did not seem to.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I am using a Pat's on my Mahindra 1626. I like it okay. Much better than not having it, but I still have to wrestle with it a bit. Seems like that Harbor Freight one would be easier.

The quick hitches like the one HF sells work great as long as the implements you are using adhere to the Cat 1 Geometry. the problem most have is that the implement manufacturer didn't adhere to the geometry for the hitch. in the picture below they left out the height for cat 0 which is 12".

[Linked Image from gardentractortalk.com]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Why not just get extendable draft links? I think its mandatory.

And I agree, the fender mounted controls are the bees knees. I can drive the tractor forward and reverse from back there, extremely slowly however, to further assist... as well as raising or lowering the draft links.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1911a1

Pat's Easy Change

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Keep that well oiled! Excessively so.

Had those on a tractor I traded off last year, and they worked well. But they had to be well oiled to do so.

Any rust or dust in that moving latch will make ya cuss, and get the hammer out! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I had a neighbor who’d simply buy a separate tractor for each piece of equipment. I guess he really hated the 3 point hitch.

I like this method.

Especially if you have land scattered around and are in the process of doing several things at once.

Or if a tractor has an issue.

And if you use several machines it helps to keep one or two from stacking up the hours.

Not 3-point specific but it also sucks unhooking. Just a pain in the ass if it's muddy or really cold.

Not too mention near constant loader work.

Toolbar

Air Drill

Disk

Bale unroller

Diker

Ditcher

Mower

Round balers

Grain auger

Hay processor

Mixer wagon

What else?

Grain cart(aka deer feeder)?

Back to 3-point,

Bale spear?

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I never had too much trouble changing implements, adjustable draft links are helpful, so is backing up square to the implement.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Shooter, our NAA has one of those. Many of the 9.and 8's did not seem to.

Options and aftermarket attachment.

There were about ten 8N tractors in the extended family through the 70s and 80s. I never saw an actual factory drawbar on any of them. But several had home made attachments which used the belly pin to pull from and were stabilized via the A frame drawbar supports as described above.

We used both of the shown stabilizer sets together to prevent sidesway, and support the load.

[Linked Image from static-assets.imageservice.cloud]
[Linked Image from gulfsouthequip.com]

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

And I agree, the fender mounted controls are the bees knees. I can drive the tractor forward and reverse from back there, extremely slowly however, to further assist... as well as raising or lowering the draft links.

Lots of dead farmers out there from attempting to move a tractor from the ground.

Been guilty of it myself. Standing directly in front of a 15.5x38 Ag tire and tapping the control lever on the Hydro 70. "Just need another inch to hitch up the three bottom roll over plow, or the eight foot hydraulic terracing blade."

I actually much prefer hitching the Cat I implements to the little tractors. I can just pick up one side of the implement and move it to the tractor by hand.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got 'em on my little Kabota 2601. I love them.

Carpe' Scrotum
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
$110 at Harbor Freight for Cat 1. Available with various colors of paint from various distributors in Cat I, II, or III.

[Linked Image from shop.harborfreight.com]

Much appreciate that information, Idaho Shooter.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1911a1
I was tired of fighting the 3 point on my tractor. Especially hooking up the mower with the male 3 point pins. I don't know the correct terminology for that style.

A full blown quick hitch didn't seem like it would work for me, But this type system so far is fantastic. What would be even better is if you could weld these on. I understand in Europe they use a system like this and once upon a time one of the American brand tractors like a Case or Allis Chalmers used it.

Original

Pat's Easy Change

They make a weld on type, I have them on my Kubota.

Last edited by worriedman; 09/21/20.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
There is one of those Cat3 hitches in the grass some where. It came with a 1470 I bought about 1990. I'll sell it cheap.

Will it fit an Oliver 1850 ?

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Never seen that. Damn that's neat. Holy balls would that be handy. Figured one of the reasons God gave me a strong back was so I could wrestle implements on and off the 3 point hitch.

Never broke a major bone, but thought I did last year when the stabilizer bar caught me across the forearm fugging with getting a homemade blade hooked on my old Case.

MAGA
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It will fit any Cat 111 I think?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It will fit any Cat 111 I think?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
i use a pats because of different widths of implements. the harbor freight style will only fit one size.

the pats is not perfect but i can hook to a 10 ft bush hog and only get off once and never wrestle with it. narrow implements are a snap too.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have been using Pat's first generation quick hitch for about 15 years now on one of my tractors. Not perfect but it has made life easier hooking up heavy implements. My big tractor has extendable hitch arms and I like them too.

I priced extendable hitch arms for the JD before buying Pat's system, was not really an option due to cost. They do make the hitch arms a bit longer but I have not found it to be a problem. I would buy them again.

A quick hitch would not work for me as my impliments are different widths across the hookups.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

Lots of dead farmers out there from attempting to move a tractor from the ground.

Been guilty of it myself. Standing directly in front of a 15.5x38 Ag tire and tapping the control lever on the Hydro 70. "Just need another inch to hitch up the three bottom roll over plow, or the eight foot hydraulic terracing blade."

I actually much prefer hitching the Cat I implements to the little tractors. I can just pick up one side of the implement and move it to the tractor by hand.

If you die from the new JD’s driving over you while your using the fender controls, your the slowest knucklehead known to man. I would say it will go a whopping .0005mph in that mode, and the parking brake has to be engaged so the very millisecond you let go of one of the two buttons (for safety sake) that has to be depressed for it to work, it instantly stops.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X4PBy5mDp3U

The next thing I always get as well, hydraulic top n tilt. Although the tilt feature isnt worth a hoot when hooking up, the hydro top link is badass.

Really though, extendable draft links is really the only thing the average bear needs. You dont even need to be perfectly lined up with the implement, you can be off cant 3-4” and the draft links will correct it when you raise them the first time.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by coobie
A little LUBE is your best friend..LOL..

This^^^, vid coulda been 1 minute shorter with some bushing lube.

Wait, what?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Interesting.

I've become fond of the fender mounted lift/lower controls.

Especially when hooking up alone.

The fender mounted controls are the best idea Deere has had in a very long time.

Black Cows Matter!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,727
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.