-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good time hear, but to be picky precedent is bullschit jmho. He's the current president and there's an opening. No other argument is required.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
...He is still the living embodiment of RINO.

Funny you say that. For the longest time, whenever I see the word "RINO", I swear the mental image of Romney appears instantly.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac84
That’s surprising

Surprising indeed. I'm guessing that ol' Take-a-Dive Mitt senses his own vulnerability and is taking steps out of self-preservation at playing ball for once.

I doubt the folks in Utah would take very kindly at him squandering a golden opportunity to put a conservative on the SC.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter
10m ·

My decision regarding a Supreme Court nomination is not the result of a subjective test of ‘fairness’ which, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. It is based on the immutable fairness of following the law, which in this case is the Constitution and precedent. The historical precedent of election year nominations is that the Senate generally does not confirm an opposing party’s nominee but does confirm a nominee of its own.

The Constitution gives the President the power to nominate and the Senate the authority to provide advice and consent on Supreme Court nominees. Accordingly, I intend to follow the Constitution and precedent in considering the President’s nominee. If the nominee reaches the Senate floor, I intend to vote based upon their qualifications.

Saying you will vote upon ain't the same as saying you will vote for.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by stxhunter
10m ·

My decision regarding a Supreme Court nomination is not the result of a subjective test of ‘fairness’ which, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. It is based on the immutable fairness of following the law, which in this case is the Constitution and precedent. The historical precedent of election year nominations is that the Senate generally does not confirm an opposing party’s nominee but does confirm a nominee of its own.

The Constitution gives the President the power to nominate and the Senate the authority to provide advice and consent on Supreme Court nominees. Accordingly, I intend to follow the Constitution and precedent in considering the President’s nominee. If the nominee reaches the Senate floor, I intend to vote based upon their qualifications.

Saying you will vote upon ain't the same as saying you will vote for.

Correct.

Never trust a proven traitor.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

445 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 38 invisible), 2,144 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,143
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.