24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A grand jury indicted a former Louisville police officer for wanton endangerment in #15249565 09/23/20
G
gahuntertom Offline OP
Campfire Guide
OP Offline
Campfire Guide
G
The decision came after more than 100 days of protests and a monthslong investigation into the death of Ms. Taylor, a 26-year-old emergency room technician who was shot five times in the hallway of her apartment by officers executing a search warrant.

Because the officers did not shoot first — it was the young woman’s boyfriend who opened fire; he has said he mistook the police for intruders — many legal experts had thought it unlikely the officers would be indicted

Last edited by gahuntertom; 09/23/20.
BP-B2

Re: NYT on Louisville charges [Re: gahuntertom] #15249567 09/23/20
T
Tarquin Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
T
The indictment is going nowhere.

Tarquin
Re: NYT on Louisville charges [Re: gahuntertom] #15249582 09/23/20
F
FatCity67 Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
F
Based on breakdown by AG Hankinson f'd up.

The other two LEO's are good.

And it wasn't a No Knock scenario..

Maybe we're all happy.
Re: NYT on Louisville charges [Re: gahuntertom] #15249587 09/23/20
IndyCA35 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The crack whore forgot that if you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas.

What were the cops supposed to do? Wait until they'd been killed by gunfire from the apartment?

The AA attorney general of Kentucky has been bloviating for about an hour now.

This indictment, the McCloskey's, and the arrest of the kid in Kenosha are disturbing trends of Democrat politicians persecuting the law abiding while protecting criminals.

Electing Biden to provide "moral clarity" is like hiring Jesse James to improve bank security.
Re: NYT on Louisville charges [Re: IndyCA35] #15249607 09/23/20
M
Muffin Offline
Campfire Guide
Campfire Guide
M
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

What were the cops supposed to do? Wait until they'd been killed by gunfire from the apartment?

This indictment, the McCloskey's, and the arrest of the kid in Kenosha are disturbing trends of Democrat politicians persecuting the law abiding while protecting criminals.

Sorry, bloviating??? I differ.

He is articulate, and laid it out well, IMHO.

The two LEO's that shot 'at' her/them = justified.

The LEO that was outside, shot through the window, with rounds going into the NEXT apartment = not so justified.

IC-A

Re: NYT on Louisville charges [Re: gahuntertom] #15249788 09/23/20
C
cooper57m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They should have indicted the judge who signed the No-Knock Warrant. There's way too many of these being issued. They are often executed at night. What good does yelling "Police Officers" do to people who are being jolted out of a sound sleep? Google Duncan Lemp. These No-Knock Warrants need to be curtailed and only issued for the most violent/dangerous of criminals with rock solid intel and not issued on guess work or suspicions.

Re: NYT on Louisville charges [Re: IndyCA35] #15249797 09/23/20
S
SPQR70AD Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

no they could have arrested her at her job instead of playing Rambo. I am positive I heard the cop that got shot in the leg was shot by another cop. that is why they dropped the charges against the bf. no knock entries should be banned for the safety of the cops and people in the house

Re: NYT on Louisville charges [Re: gahuntertom] #15249803 09/23/20
B
bcraig Online Content
Campfire Guide
Online Content
Campfire Guide
B
I am watching right now and it was made clear that it was NOT a no knock warrant and that a civilian clearly heard the Police announce themselves at the door.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9_X_5ftSt0
Re: NYT on Louisville charges [Re: SPQR70AD] #15249819 09/23/20
F
FatCity67 Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
F
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

no they could have arrested her at her job instead of playing Rambo. I am positive I heard the cop that got shot in the leg was shot by another cop. that is why they dropped the charges against the bf. no knock entries should be banned for the safety of the cops and people in the house

The bullet that struck the LEO was from the boyfriend's gun. Forensics proved that.

As well it wasn't a no knock warrant. Neighbor and other witnesses said officers pounded on door and announced themselves clearly several time.

I agree with getting rid of no knocks.

Maybe we're all happy.
Re: NYT on Louisville charges [Re: bcraig] #15249822 09/23/20
C
cooper57m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by bcraig
I am watching right now and it was made clear that it was NOT a no knock warrant and that a civilian clearly heard the Police announce themselves at the door.

At midnight, by plain clothes officers. How long did they knock and wait for someone to answer the door before busting in? How many times did they announce themselves? If they didn't have a No-Knock warrant, why not execute the search warrant at a reasonable hour?

IC-B

Re: A grand jury indicted a former Louisville police officer for wanton endangerment in [Re: gahuntertom] #15249824 09/23/20
J
joken2 Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron press conference on charges in Breonna Taylor case.

https://www.facebook.com/courierjournal/videos/2771867219765586/?extid=LYUoiu2szaQeeF6h

Re: A grand jury indicted a former Louisville police officer for wanton endangerment in [Re: gahuntertom] #15249860 09/23/20
M
MM879 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The AG reported that the officers sent 40cal down range.

Re: A grand jury indicted a former Louisville police officer for wanton endangerment in [Re: cooper57m] #15249876 09/23/20
B
bcraig Online Content
Campfire Guide
Online Content
Campfire Guide
B
Originally Posted by cooper57m

At midnight, by plain clothes officers. How long did they knock and wait for someone to answer the door before busting in? How many times did they announce themselves? If they didn't have a No-Knock warrant, why not execute the search warrant at a reasonable hour?

Just addressing people saying the cops used a no knock warrant..
I do not know How long that they knocked or how long or who did the knocking
Just heard that they had a No Knock warrant but chose to announce their presence.

But who knows as the Newsmen and Women seem confused as to what Happened but I listened to the Attorney general for the State.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9_X_5ftSt0
Re: A grand jury indicted a former Louisville police officer for wanton endangerment in [Re: cooper57m] #15249881 09/23/20
R
ratsmacker Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Because they're not terminally stupid, they served the warrant when folks are at low ebb, and not as likely to have to kill someone. If you catch them off-guard, you're more like to live thru it. Everyone wants to live thru their day.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Re: A grand jury indicted a former Louisville police officer for wanton endangerment in [Re: gahuntertom] #15249889 09/23/20
B
Bristoe Offline
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Attorney General handled the press conference very well.

Re: A grand jury indicted a former Louisville police officer for wanton endangerment in [Re: cooper57m] #15249895 09/23/20
JohnBurns Offline
Campfire Guide
Campfire Guide

My understanding was they had a N0 Knock warrant but did in fact do some kind of knock.

The boyfriend admitted to firing first and he hit one of the cops.

John Burns

Re: A grand jury indicted a former Louisville police officer for wanton endangerment in [Re: ratsmacker] #15249896 09/23/20
H
HuntnShoot Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Because they're not terminally stupid, they served the warrant when folks are at low ebb, and not as likely to have to kill someone. If you catch them off-guard, you're more like to live thru it. Everyone wants to live thru their day.

Thus the benefit of arresting someone at work, when they are likely to neither be on their guard nor armed.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Re: A grand jury indicted a former Louisville police officer for wanton endangerment in [Re: gahuntertom] #15249902 09/23/20
shawlerbrook Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
None of us have enough information to make a judgment. I will just say that if there was any shred of evidence against the officers in this environment they would have been toast. Don’t know if this was a no knock warrant, but they should be reserved for terrorists and murder suspects, not used in drug arrests.

Re: A grand jury indicted a former Louisville police officer for wanton endangerment in [Re: gahuntertom] #15249904 09/23/20
Mannlicher Offline
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Makes little difference. The crack ho’s family already collected $12 million tax payer dollars

Sam......

Re: A grand jury indicted a former Louisville police officer for wanton endangerment in [Re: shawlerbrook] #15249908 09/23/20
H
HuntnShoot Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
None of us have enough information to make a judgment. I will just say that if there was any shred of evidence against the officers in this environment they would have been toast. Don’t know if this was a no knock warrant, but they should be reserved for terrorists and murder suspects, not used in drug arrests.

Again, civil asset forfeiture regulations allow the cops to keep a piece of whatever property they confiscate. Until that goes away, these raids will continue unabated. Look up the stats on the value of property seized every year by police. The amount is disturbingly vast. They keep a portion of it.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1
Who's Online Now
451 registered members (270cowboy, 30Gibbs, 19352012, 260Remguy, 2ndwind, 300Winnie, 53 invisible), 1,834 guests, and 996 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.