Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by Higginez
Your pistol is for fighting your way back to your truck to get your rifle.

That is as dumb today as it was when first stated.

mike r

Seems to me if you've managed to shoot your way out of crowd of bad guys/gals and have managed to get back to your truck, why not get in your truck and haul azz outta there??

L.W.

Sage advice LW !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Another point to be made is to stay away from places where the mobs are.

In today's world, the mobs may come to you.

I know. I hope nobody here has that happen either. It's already been said to use what works best for you. My full length 1911 is what fits that bill for me. It's easier to shoot accurately than any other center fire I have and it's functions flawlessly. Why limit yourself to just one handgun though?

Hurry up election so we can see for sure how much ammo we need!!!!

Nothing wrong with a 1911. Have several. Along with multiple Glocks.
But if your waiting for the Election to “see how much ammo you need”, you’ve already screwed the pooch.

Haven't bought any for a long time, ammo that is. I've been of the mindset that it needed to be an ongoing thing for many years, even before Clinton. I guess you could say I've been waiting and prepping a long time. The old Boy Scout motto, "always be prepared".

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Yep used to concern myself with a robbery or car jacking situation so I had carried a 1911 when I first started concealed carrying. Today with rioters I’m carrying a Glock with 15+1 mag.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
i"ve been studying gunfight info for 50 years and in the US, no civilian has HAD to hit more than 3 people, here in the US, and survived that need, with just a pistol, since the end of the Indian wars. It's pretty rare to have to to hit more than one and very rare to have to hit more than 2. (and still escape with your life, with only a pistol). Some HAVE shot that many, but some of those shot were fleeing. There may be a case of a cop or two having had to hit 4 people, but I've found no documentation of such a thing.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Carried a Commander .45 for decades.
Went high cap HK 9 last yr.

IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
y'all figure on missing too much. and you're dreaming about what a pistol can handle.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by lonee
i"ve been studying gunfight info for 50 years and in the US, no civilian has HAD to hit more than 3 people, here in the US, and survived that need, with just a pistol, since the end of the Indian wars. It's pretty rare to have to to hit more than one and very rare to have to hit more than 2. (and still escape with your life, with only a pistol). Some HAVE shot that many, but some of those shot were fleeing. There may be a case of a cop or two having had to hit 4 people, but I've found no documentation of such a thing.

But sir, while your data may be as good as it gets, it might be dated. New or increasing threats seem to have risen, or so it seems. Your thoughts for the present crazy times vs. the last 50 years of data ?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunzo

But sir, while your data may be as good as it gets, it might be dated. New or increasing threats seem to have risen, or so it seems. Your thoughts for the present crazy times vs. the last 50 years of data ?

Other than the Rodney King Fiasco in LA, we haven’t seen riots, looting, and burning on this kind of scale in the last 50 years. All bets are off now.

Gonna get worse come Election Day. Especially when Trump wins.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/25/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Carry your main firearm and your back up.

When and if you run out of ammo...

your KA-BAR (or equivalent) will give you a working inner perimeter.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Age old argument of what's better, size of the gun for concealment or magazine capacity. But the question now is, have your priorities changed given the current threats? Personally, 5 years ago, I would have opted for a smaller capacity gun that was easy to conceal against a threat of 1-4 criminals. Considering the mob threat on the horizon, my priorities have definitely shifted towards magazine capacity. The idea of having 20-30 bad guys running around me and having a nice, small, comfortable gun with a 7 round mag doesn't sound fun. My carry now is an M&P commander size with 4.25" barrel and a 17+1 capacity. It's bulkier and not as light but I like having those 17 rounds in the gun along with another 34 rounds in a 2 mag belt carrier. What are you guys carrying? Has it changed with Operation Mayhem in effect? Full disclosure, I have not carried nearly as long as many people here. Just speaking my mind and looking for any advice in the new environment. Thanks in advance.

I the past 25 years I've been in a downtown metropolitan area twice. Around here "BLM" still means the Bureau of Land Management.

I'll stick with my high capacity M686's in my belt holster.........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yup, 1911 on the hip AR Pistol in the truck.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have trouble coming up with a situation where you'd need it. Pasty white burnouts there for the car fires and selfies won't stick around when the shooting starts. The people who will stick around aren't going to just stand next to each other at seven yards while you shoot 17+1 of them.

But then again if Kyle Rittenhouse or Jake Gardner taught us anything it's that the Democrats going to declare you the white supremacist aggressor and lock you up forever at the first shot, so in a manner of speaking all of the rest are on the house.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Then you haven't studied very hard.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

mike r

+1......

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L

Name even just ONE. bet you can't. give place, time, date, etc.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Maybe he’s Massad Ayoob. 😜

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When one gun is empty.......grab the backup

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by aspade
I have trouble coming up with a situation where you'd need it. Pasty white burnouts there for the car fires and selfies won't stick around when the shooting starts. The people who will stick around aren't going to just stand next to each other at seven yards while you shoot 17+1 of them.

But then again if Kyle Rittenhouse or Jake Gardner taught us anything it's that the Democrats going to declare you the white supremacist aggressor and lock you up forever at the first shot, so in a manner of speaking all of the rest are on the house.

It was enlightening to watch what appeared to me to be professional rioters actually running after the young man armed with a carbine and it seems that they knew he would use it.
The boy broke my first self defense rule. Try your best to just not be there in the first place. He did hold up well in the end though. At least he is alive, in jail but still alive.
I still carry a 1911 but lately have been looking at building a 2011 or just break down and go tupperware.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

mike r

Seems to me if you've managed to shoot your way out of crowd of bad guys/gals and have managed to get back to your truck, why not get in your truck and haul azz outta there??

L.W.

Sage advice LW !

Seems to me, if a guy knew he was gonna be in a fight with a pistol, he'd prefer he had a rifle.

And since we are all thinking ahead, why not have an AR behind the seat and 2 high cap mags on your hip?

If I'm putting myself in the best position to win a gun fight, I'm holding an AR in my hands.

Since they do not OWB very good, I'll take one in the truck over one in the safe at home.

If hauling ass is an option, I might.

If innocent lives are in danger, I'd sure hope we'd all grab that AR and head back in there and try to finish things.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,081
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.