Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#15260156 09/26/20
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
thursday i got a 11-87 rem that won't work
today i got in the mail a 458 socom upper i thought was a good deal. wont chamber. looked it over and the neck of the chamber appeared short. cut back a empty brass to 1.4885 and the bolt just will close on it. aint got the patience today to even deal with it. dang it ! i wanted to make some noise with it!
last time i buy a upper. going to build. sniveling and whineing over. mad

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Who made the upper?

My son got one a few weeks ago and all he did was polish the feed ramp and remove any burrs or sharp edges.

So far it has fed 350 grain round nose and the 325 grain bullet i use in my 45-70.

We just got in a new mold from N.O.E. and it casts a 396 grain round nose flat point.

We started powder coating cast and it has done a nice job of keeping the barrel clean.

No cloud of smoke is nice as well.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
got the upper off gunbroker. don't want to snark on the seller yet. i have had 4-5 458 socoms and never had any trouble with them . sorry i sold my last one but got tired of listening to my cousin whine about wanting it.
haven't been able to get parts to build one lately, saw this one and thought what the heck. paid about what parts would cost and got the bcg and ch with it. sat at the mailbox 2.5 hours so i could sign for it this morning so was really looking forward to blasting some plates . no joy!
every 458 socom i have had swallowed powder coated 405's .
my last one shot combined tec 350g silver tips into 1 inch at 100 m. it just loved them
anybody have a finish reamer for a 458 they want to sell/rent?

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why won’t your 11-87 run? Never seen one that won’t run if it’s put together right

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
load it with a 3 inch in the chamber
load two into the mag
fire one in chamber and the followup round is blocked by lifter not by the cutoff but the lifter and the bolt locks back

push the bolt release and the second shell dumps under the lifter onto the ground , same with the third.
i am stumped. cleaned the thing until it would pass a DI's inspection. downloaded scematics. have parts lists.
wouldn't post this here on the AR forum but was asked grin
tomorrow is going to be aholes and elbows inside guns!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by passport
Why won’t your 11-87 run? Never seen one that won’t run if it’s put together right

Thats the key: "put together right". Make sure the piston and seal are in right. If not, it will not operate properly..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trigger is not put together correctly. Don’t have another you can compare it to do you? The problem should be obvious if you put it next to another one

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
taking the 11-87 discussion to a pm.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
just want to say that Passport is a gentleman and a scholar! thanks PP.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
can someone explain to me how you could ream a chamber to correct headspace( shoulder) and have the neck short by so much?
now i am wondering about the bore. is it 458 or 452/451 or? don't want to slug it yet until i talk to the seller but am just wondering. even in my sleep! crazy

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deerstalker
thursday i got a 11-87 rem that won't work
today i got in the mail a 458 socom upper i thought was a good deal. wont chamber. looked it over and the neck of the chamber appeared short. cut back a empty brass to 1.4885 and the bolt just will close on it. aint got the patience today to even deal with it. dang it ! i wanted to make some noise with it!
last time i buy a upper. going to build. sniveling and whineing over. mad

No sniveling and whining. I'd be pissed, too.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,979 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,479
Posts18,471,757
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.