V
Rocking in the Bakken.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by viking
Rocking in the Bakken.

Out of Tejas?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
No sir, I moved back to ND. Although I am a border jumper everyday, on the Montana line.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No sir, I moved back to ND. Although I am a border jumper everyday, on the Montana line.

Glad to hear your prison sentence has ended.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
All my ex’s live in Texas

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
All my ex’s live in Texas

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Me: I bought Merlot an old Parker 16 gauge to follow him around the woods and fields with....He doesn't seem to care all that much about it....It's OK...

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Life isn't perfect but its pretty darned good. I've reached an age where there's no need to compete with other guys about who has the greatest house, bird dog, toys, tools and family. My family is good but I do wish my wife's health was a bit better. My doc says I'm in great health for an old fat guy. Business has fared pretty well through the weirdness of 2020 and I have more control over my time than at any previous point in my career. I'm old enough to retire and have the means to do so but enjoy my work, have a reduced schedule and just can't see a good reason to quit. One more conservative justice and there won't be too many worries about politicians ruining the rest of my days. There's been little predictability in life, surprises along the way have been good and bad, but I'd do it all again with only a couple changes. I've been blessed and know it.

E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
I’m retired and pretty good. Got me a 2 week old grandson who is healthy. I live on my quarter of land in the Turtle Mountains of North Dakota. Great wife and kids. Edk

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Doc said they were going to do a port on the kid, try to not go feeding tube.
I got about 2 weeks or so left of sickleave due to appendectomy.
Deer season coming up.

Not too shabby. Could have been a worse month

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Blessed by God. Family is healthy. Get to argue on the internet.

Jesus is Lord.

Yes sir, and the reason I’m ultimately and fully an optimist though I’m pessimistic about our nation; though not worried, am concerned about our daughters families and what they may face in the future.

Just in our seventh decade we’ve been given a few health issues..but they are very minor compared with what I’ve seen in many others. And at a much younger age.

My wife just came through the Wuhan — ill but not seriously — and though I’ve had symptoms, I tested negative 🤔 though I’ve been with her of course through the 3 1/2 weeks of the deal. False negative? I dunno.

Anyway, comfortable and thankfully in our retirement. Thankful for fall and cooler weather..and all good things. 🙂

edit: Best to all here.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 09/28/20.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'm doing okay, all things considered. My wife lost her battle with cancer last month and that's obviously not great, but the end wasn't as bad as it could have been. She was very afraid of a long, undignified, painful process, but when it came, it came pretty quickly and we were able to keep her relatively comfortable. It's a relief that she doesn't have to suffer any more but now I have to figure out what's next for me. She was a good woman and a good wife and we had a good 28 years of marriage. We also had several years of knowing that the end was coming, so we were able to really focus on life and each other. These last few years were the best we had.

I haven't worked since last November because I've stayed home to take care of her. I have a military retirement that covers the bills, but I'm going to have to think about getting a job or starting a business pretty soon. Right now I'm just taking some time to figure it all out and I'm thankful to have the ability to do that.

I've been doing a good bit of loading and shooting lately and I do a good bit of retriever training with a local group. I have a pretty nice young dog that is coming along real well and she'll run her first hunt tests this weekend. If things go well, she will get her Senior Hunter title finished the first weekend in November and then we'll be off to Texas for a few weeks to deer hunt with a friend of mine. I'll stop in Arkansas on the way home in late November or early December and do a little duck hunting.

I've been playing my guitar a lot more than I have in a while. That's been enjoyable. And I spend more time reading and less time watching TV. That's an improvement, too.

My youngest son, his girl and my granddaughter are going to move in with me the first of November. He's in really great shape financially, so he doesn't need to, but I think his mother suggested to him that it would be good for me. And to be honest, I'm looking forward to it. I need the alone time right now to sort through and process Sandy's absence, but I don't think it would be healthy for me to rattle around in this big old house by myself for too long. I'm blessed to have such a fine young man for a son. Since his Mom passed, I would say he's my best friend.

I firmly believe that the key to happiness is an attitude of gratitude. I'm thankful for all I have been blessed with, and I've been blessed with more than I deserve. I'd say that even though there's been a big hole blown into my life, I'm pretty happy.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
^^ Nice ^^ ..... It's good to stay positive in the face of hardship.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dang!

You have a hell of an outlook on things!

Hope the best for you Hookset.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
May Our Lord Bless you Hookset. I'd say more, but--.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Life is great, but I wish our Pacific steelhead runs had more fish. Been a 2 or 3-week fall tradition in our family for about 40 years. Poor runs for the last couple though have made such an exercise in futility. Great fun on a fly rod.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Dang!

You have a hell of an outlook on things!

Hope the best for you Hookset.

Originally Posted by wabigoon
May Our Lord Bless you Hookset. I'd say more, but--.

Double Ditto Hookset.

Sounds like you've got the right mindset.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
pretty well i suppose. i have a nice family, comfortable house with enough land to spread out a bit, a cabin in the woods near the river and a job that i don't hate as much as i used to. when i think things suck, i quickly remember all my blessings.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
For those that were wondering how my day turned out, you should know that it DID in fact rain but only between hole 13 and 14. I was able to hide out in the schitter until things passed.

My wife gifted me this 64* wedge.

It's great.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What's your handicap ifyou dont mind my asking?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hookset, sorry about your loss, but I think your attitude is great. Being happy or miserable is state of mind for the most part.

I’ve been a computer system engineer for 25+ years, I’ve been bought, sold, spun up, and layed off more times than I can count. It’s part of the industry, but it gets harder the older you get. The money is good, but once you hit 50 it gets really tough and live in not a great place for tech work. I’ve put myself in a position it’s not a big deal, other than when I retire. I want to build myself our retirement house, but dirt is getting expensive around here. The cheaper I build the sooner we can retire. I’m going to down size and buy myself a few more years of retirement. Health insurance is the biggest issue or I could easily pull the plug now. I’ve been screwing around the last couple months trying to figure out what I want to do.

I think I’ll go hunting, so there is that laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 58 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.