Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Wonder what this is all about?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-hostage-situation-salem-police-shooting-marion-county-sheriff

A reported "hostage situation" in Oregon on Monday led to a fatal shooting with multiple deaths, according to officials.

The Marion County Sheriff's Office said in a news release the incident unfolded at 12:30 p.m. local time at a home in Salem over the possible hostage situation. A trained negotiator with the office's Hostage Negotiation Team then made a call to the suspect inside.

"As the incident unfolded, shots were fired," the sheriff's office said. "Ultimately, there were multiple fatalities during this incident, including that of the suspect."

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I hate to hear this.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like a classic and tragic "domestic gone bad" situation.

In my long-gone days as a city councilman, I did "ride-alongs" with the cops and they universally were more nervous on "domestic" calls than anything else, including armed robberies in progress. Because domestics go sideways in the blink of an eye.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

D
D
Sad times.

"God made man, but Sam Colt made men equal."
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Sounds like a classic and tragic "domestic gone bad" situation.

In my long-gone days as a city councilman, I did "ride-alongs" with the cops and they universally were more nervous on "domestic" calls than anything else, including armed robberies in progress. Because domestics go sideways in the blink of an eye.

That's what it sounds like to me.

When pressed, the shooter killed everyone...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hope the family Basset Hound is ok

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Reassuring to know that the OSP is investigating...the same OSP that fired 3 shots into LaVoy Finicums back, didn't put up crime scene tape to secure scene until 3 hours after the shooting, didn't start a crime scene entry log until 4 hours later. After all was said and done, identified in court, the two OSP shooters as Officer 1 and Officer 2...for security reasons. Jeezus.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Well, if they'd just defund the police, none of this schitt would happen...

Oregon is a democratic hot bed...the party of tolerance!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
if you want to be really scared, disgusted and angry sometime, just go watch a big police dept "qualify" with their pistols. WOW, will you ever see slow, incompetent dangerous gun-handling. Add the stress of a high-speed shootout and what you get is wild shots going anywhere.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe

Not where they sorta said they had a negotiator make a call.. ( just like they are going to replace the police with social works..) and after that, shots started ringing out and people started dying...

maybe that is why the news here in Oregon isn't saying much about it...

doesn't make Liberal Utopia look so good...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I sure hope the deceased were Antifa or NLM supporters..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Seafire

Not where they sorta said they had a negotiator make a call.. ( just like they are going to replace the police with social works..) and after that, shots started ringing out and people started dying...

This x1000. Their plan is to bring psychologists to crime scenes so things don’t escalate. Might as well save even more money and bring a hippie to play kumbaya on a ukelele and everyone can hug it out. Someone should run this event WAY up the flagpole for everyone to see how ineffective it is. When bad people want to do bad things, they will. End of story.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

This x1000. Their plan is to bring psychologists to crime scenes so things don’t escalate. Might as well save even more money and bring a hippie to play kumbaya on a ukelele and everyone can hug it out. Someone should run this event WAY up the flagpole for everyone to see how ineffective it is. When bad people want to do bad things, they will. End of story.

I'm all for having real clinical psychologist attend certain police encounters.....but they would be in addition to the guy with the guns.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

I'm all for having real clinical psychologist attend certain police encounters.....but they would be in addition to the guy with the guns.

Ditto.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 61 invisible), 3,118 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,881
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.