-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I normally wear a thong and my best sombrero.

GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by las
Socks (in winter), and a cup of coffee. Maybe a housecoat until the coffee kicks in.

After awhile I'll get dressed in something if I feel like it.

I 'm not into the group thing with a funny-collar guy telling us what to think and do. YMMV and welcome.

Rene has you beat with his camo dove huntin ‘ coveralls and blaze orange safari hat .

Yes, but then he has to leave the house to make an impression.

Paul and I just take selfies and email them to everyone we know. smile

Last edited by las; 09/29/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Thanks Remsen for a look inside your world

but, no high heels, suspendie and bras? wink

Dammit, Jim, we're Jews, not lumberjacks!

OK that was hilarious cool

Yes, it is.

And he certainly got me good with that one.

Hey Remsen,

no purple yarmulkes?

Would that be allowed?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
My folks don't care and as one of the first posts on this thread mentioned, God does not either.

This may very be the case, I do not know for sure.

We do not let the grass and weeds get waist-high, we keep all the paint in order, the siding is pressure washed annually, carpets are cleaned twice a year, no candy wrappers blowing around in the parking lot.

No one is expected to be dressed to the nines, but people should have some reverence when coming the Lord’s house to worship Him.
If you testimony is that of a slob, how is that a service to the Great Commission?

so much for 'Sunday best', eh...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Khaki pants, button down shirt, sport coat, plain black Rockport shoes (hand-me-downs from middle son), no tie. The shirts are a color so that when they start to show a little wear, I shift them over to the work/play end of the closet. Ditto the Khakis.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
For church services, funeral services, weddings, and fancy restaurants slacks, long sleeve shirt, dress shoes, a tie and or coat. If I am a pall bearer and for certain other occasions I have a nice suit. Wear what you want, I raised to dress for the occasion.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Originally Posted by Remsen
Thanks Remsen for a look inside your world

but, no high heels, suspendie and bras? wink

Dammit, Jim, we're Jews, not lumberjacks!

OK that was hilarious cool

Yes, it is.

And he certainly got me good with that one.

Hey Remsen,

no purple yarmulkes?

Would that be allowed?

Of course! My current temple doesn't care what you're wearing, either clothing-wise or religious garment-wise, as long as you are there and participating.

The temple I went to before this one, which was in SF (my parents belonged and they didn't realize how left wing it had become), actually had a relatively strict dress code. They are a reform (i.e., SJW) temple and had a lesbian rabbi who turned everything into politics. Everything coming from the pulpit was bashing the right and celebrating the left (and Obama). So before the 2012 election, I bought two yarmulkes for me and my brother...Romney/Ryan ones. We got seats right up front and sat together, and it so angered everyone behind us that they complained to the Rabbi who asked us to take them off or leave. We did neither and told her to mind her own business and stop playing politics with religion. From that point on, they banned political yarmulkes, but only enforced it against one party...

Of course, after the election, when I saw how much of a traitor Romney/Ryan were, we burned the yarmulkes, but I know that pretty much every temple in the SF area (other than the orthodox ones) would boot you for wearing anything that they saw as contrary to leftism. Whether or not that's purple, I have yet to discover. But given the way that the reform side has abandoned religion in favor of social justice crap, I wouldn't be surprised if they banned all yarmulkes for being a sign of white supremacy, colonization, racism, homophobia and all that other stuff, and required all congregants to dress as Chinese Bedouin Muslims.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just like purple. It's a royal color, the color of Kings!

If the rabbi lady asked you to take off your head covering would you have been allowed to stay? Well, maybe in that reform temple, eh?

Chinese Bedouin Muslims? Those would be the Uighurs, right?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of black folks like purple but it’s just an observation, maybe locally

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Perple with white shoes!

Yellow handkerchief poked out the pocket

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
To the left.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Remsen, as I've said in a PM I think you have been a great ambassador to the Campfire... So many American Jews appear to be Left wing nuts..... All of us that hold to any kind of traditional values need to find common ground and band together against the forces that would destroy us....

It also helps that you are funny cool

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The rich man / poor man line don't wash. I promise, a pair of slacks, dress shirt, sports jacket, and shoes cost much less than Levi's, a western shirt and a pair of boots!

No one knows how to dress properly for an occasion anymore. How many of you know the difference between sports wear, casual, business casual, business suit, formal, black tie, and white tie? BTW my last tux came in under $300.

God doesn't judge you by your dress. But educated people with any class will. Most importantly, your dress effects your behavior, attitude, and mannerisms. Not to mention the impression you make. Dress like a bum and people assume you behave like a bum.

I would not wear a tux to a rodeo nor will I wear jeans to a formal banquet. When I attend an historical reenactment I dress properly for the time period. Over dressing for an occasion is a much a breech in etiquette as under dressing. If you don't want to remain in the lower class of people learn to dress properly. Or don't. Your choice. A working man can afford to dress properly. If he cares to.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t think any church is any more of a sacred place than is the home where you live, where maybe your wife and children also live. Jesus taught that people are sacred; people are more sacred to God than any ground you’ll ever stand on, or any building that you’ll ever visit. The evidence that you’re a Jesus follower isn’t how well you dress or how eloquent you pray or how often you attend church...it’s how well you love other people.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I wear a jacket and tie or suit. Same thing at weddings and funerals. Even at sombody's deal where I am the only one. It is a way to honor God or the people. I don't like wearing a tie. I am doing it because I was taught it was the appropriate thing to do.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
The rich man / poor man line don't wash. I promise, a pair of slacks, dress shirt, sports jacket, and shoes cost much less than Levi's, a western shirt and a pair of boots!

No one knows how to dress properly for an occasion anymore. How many of you know the difference between sports wear, casual, business casual, business suit, formal, black tie, and white tie? BTW my last tux came in under $300.

God doesn't judge you by your dress. But educated people with any class will. Most importantly, your dress effects your behavior, attitude, and mannerisms. Not to mention the impression you make. Dress like a bum and people assume you behave like a bum.

I would not wear a tux to a rodeo nor will I wear jeans to a formal banquet. When I attend an historical reenactment I dress properly for the time period. Over dressing for an occasion is a much a breech in etiquette as under dressing. If you don't want to remain in the lower class of people learn to dress properly. Or don't. Your choice. A working man can afford to dress properly. If he cares to.

Anyone remember Nurse Kat's position on how to dress from years gone by?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Just get there! laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
suit or slacks and sport coat.

If you're not having fun; you're not doing it right!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
To the left.

Best answer so far.

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Usually my Angus Young duds.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (41rem, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 22 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,706
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.