-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's all about control & feeling good as the masks do nothing in preventing any virus spread...............even the CDC had admitted that.

And there are a lot of brainwashed people...............hell, I see them alone in their car with a mask on &a few even with rubber gloves on. Absolutely scared schitless.

Pure idiocy, but in many states, the masks are now a permanent fixture.

MM

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
My wife works out at the new local Y 5 days a week and while the stupid mask policy applies, it only applies to entering and leaving the facility. It does NOT apply to those working out. Each state is different though so are managers

When my wife first inquired about their policy they laughed at the notion that one would be required to wear a mask while working out.

Exercising, and inability to wear a mask due to mental or physical condition, are exceptions to the mask rule most everywhere.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Ken_L
This why I bought a treadmill, sit up machine, weights... no more stupid gyms.

Tread mill and weight machine in my house. Cheaper in the long run and very easy to work out.

NRA Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I like to go down there to work out on the machines. Nice big gym new equipment. I get in for free because of insurance.
This is Asheville NC. This Y was closed for six months. Just reopened last week.

You have to wear a mask. I put the mask on to get in the door. I went upstairs, to the elliptical machine, it is like a stationary bicycle. There is room for about 98 people in there, and there were 5 people in there. The place is empty.
I started in on that machine and my glasses fogged up. The mask makes my beard itch and I just can't breathe well. After five minutes, I took the mask off.
I rode the stationary for 15 minutes more. The desk clerk guy saw me and he said nothing. But a guy way on the left end, about 30 feet away, he was on a stationary bike, called the clerk over.
I saw him pointing at me.

Some people never get past what they were in Second Grade. "I am gonna tell teacher on you."
Desk clerk guy marched right up and told me I had to wear the mask. I told him I couldn't breathe with it on, and I would just leave. He said "No we don't want you to leave we need customers just try to breathe with the mask on."
I said no dice, I would leave.

Then the Tattletale guy started giving me a sermon about masks. This guy is a big guy, about my size.
I looked him right in the eye and said "Do you know that masks do not work to halt spread of Corona."

He continued with his lecture. I was ten feet away, I looked him in the eye and said "F**k You!" and I wasn't stuttering and I wasn't wearing a mask.

Tattletale Boy shut up, and I headed for the stairs. Desk clerk guy was following me and asking me to stay and try to work with the mask. I left.
I really didn't know where you were going with this. I opened the thread with some trepidation, let me assure you.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I really didn't know where you were going with this. I opened the thread with some trepidation, let me assure you.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by Ken_L
This why I bought a treadmill, sit up machine, weights... no more stupid gyms.

Tread mill and weight machine in my house. Cheaper in the long run and very easy to work out.

"Work out" is relative.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

LOL

They're gonna need a new construction worker...

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jeebus. Bunch of grown men can't figure out how to play the game.

"Excuse me sir, do you have a mask?"

Can be immediately shut down with "I have a medical condition." Five wonderful magic words. No one will bother you. Every business' policy is to stop the interrogation there.

They want your money. Only their lawyers care about the masks. Their accountants would prefer you to be maskless in case you steal something so they can show your face to the police. The lawyers won this round.

I will leave if they press me further, but all I get is a wave and a top half of a face that seems like a smile is under the mask. Except this little 16ish year-old bitch at the Subway here in town. That little bitch is a mask nazi.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
bigfish9684 that is a good idea. Had I thought of that I might have tried it. Never crossed my mind.

I set my life up, 45 years ago, to just tell the truth all the time and that is what I do. Keeps things simple.
Gets me in to trouble also.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Was this the Woodfin Y or the downtown Asheville Y? Been thinking about starting back up but not sure yet.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

Can be immediately shut down with "I have a medical condition." Five wonderful magic words. No one will bother you. Every business' policy is to stop the interrogation there.

They want your money. Only their lawyers care about the masks. Their accountants would prefer you to be maskless in case you steal something so they can show your face to the police. The lawyers won this round.

I will leave if they press me further, but all I get is a wave and a top half of a face that seems like a smile is under the mask. Except this little 16ish year-old bitch at the Subway here in town. That little bitch is a mask nazi.

Ones of the punks with the blue hair, tats and 23 piercings?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am in a similar situation so I wear this...actually I wear this almost 100% of the time if I need to get in the door so I can BREATHE... laugh

I wear a rat hammock once in a while.

I get compliments all the time "that is cool as hell" "where did you get it"

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

They are cheap so I am ordering another,

And if you really want to fk' with people, snag one of these

Dave

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
bigfish9684 that is a good idea. Had I thought of that I might have tried it. Never crossed my mind.

I set my life up, 45 years ago, to just tell the truth all the time and that is what I do. Keeps things simple.
Gets me in to trouble also.

It's not about telling the truth. This reaction of the state and local governments to the virus is a scam. It's about control. Someone told me this in April. By mid-May I had come around understood. The blue state governments and players in the federal government (deep state ppl like Fauci) have a plan. Kill the economy and blame Trump for the virus, kill his chances of reelection.

That plan is to blame Trump for the virus and the fallout from the virus. They do this every day. How many people do you know, or know in some tertiary manner, that got the virus? How many of those died directly as a result of covid? Not they were in the hospital dying of cancer and got rona and then died but died directly from pulmonary (lung related) issues as a result of covid? OK, now contrast that number with the amount of people you see walking around in public wearing the same face diaper they've been wearing for a week without washing it. You walk into the Y, the store, anywhere and EVERYONE is wearing a mask. While the media and the politicians are telling you this was caused by Trump. It looks like we're in some horrible alternate universe and Trump used bio-warfare on us.

The mask is to remind you that people are dropping dead everywhere (they're not) because of Trump bungling the covid response (he didn't). That's the narrative the media wants to sell you. Without the masks everywhere all the time the media can't keep blaming Trump for the rona. Anything less than a level 4 biohazard suit in a level 4 biosafety lab can't stop you from getting it (don't rip your suit!). The best way to stop the spread is to frequently wash your hands and don't pick your nose or rub your eyes. Universal masking is to remind you we're in a (fake) pandemic and not a dem-panic.

Learn their rules. Play by them. You have a medical condition. It's called "Your head is not up your ass and you can see this for what it is." If anyone presses further after the 5 magic words tell them you have COPD. But they won't press you further. They're not allowed to- store policy. If they ask you to leave, leave. Not leaving is trespassing. The sooner we all have medical conditions the sooner we can go back to normal- NOT the "new normal."

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Ones of the punks with the blue hair, tats and 23 piercings?

Yup. Not a lot of them here in the reddest county in WI, but they all have the same condescending tone of voice when asking if you have a mask. She got ANTIFA in her future, and lots of baby-daddys.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

True to a point, some of us can't keep our job without wearing a mask...

Dave

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RDW
I am in a similar situation so I wear this...actually I wear this almost 100% of the time if I need to get in the door so I can BREATHE... laugh

I wear a rat hammock once in a while.

I get compliments all the time "that is cool as hell" "where did you get it"

They are cheap so I am ordering another,

And if you really want to fk' with people, snag one of these

Brother, I wear contacts and within 60 seconds of putting on a mask they're drier than Helen Mirren's cooch. They about pop out from blinking but they're glued to my eyeballs.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
My wife works out at the new local Y 5 days a week and while the stupid mask policy applies, it only applies to entering and leaving the facility. It does NOT apply to those working out. Each state is different though so are managers

When my wife first inquired about their policy they laughed at the notion that one would be required to wear a mask while working out.

Exercising, and inability to wear a mask due to mental or physical condition, are exceptions to the mask rule most everywhere.

That’s what I figured but I try to stay away from absolutes on the ‘fire. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RDW
True to a point, some of us can't keep our job without wearing a mask...

In my situation, once I go back into the office (currently working remotely) I have to get a "pass" from the RN on-site to not wear a mask. If my uber-conservative doctor won't write me a note for this wackjob RN, me and my uber-conservative boss will be having a talk about how I wear contacts and I will be working from home until the mask rule no longer applies. There's no reason to drive 26 miles to work, sit in a cubicle 12 feet from my coworkers, and other than "Hello" and "Goodbye" all our interaction is virtual. That's just BS.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’m sitting in the bleachers at the pool of the local Y as my boy does his 3 night a week swim team practice.

Not a mask in the facility.

Sign at the door says no weapons, but it’s not a state legal sign.....so the pistol whipping with a .45 might not be approved, but technically not a violation of state law.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
All the YMCA's are gay clubs around hear.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,518
Posts18,490,962
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.