Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
This is for a 300 blk. And I think the Lane can I linked about covers all that.

Oops. When I looked at the link I keyed on the 556 at the top of the page. Sorry

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah kinda misleading.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The Lane suppressor threads directly to the barrel and is hand tightened so I don't think there's any need to have a gap between the handguard and suppressor for any kind of tool. I may go with a standard 9" handguard and hope the inch of over lap doesn't cause too much heat up issues. Hopefully with a vertical grip it won't be a problem.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Working on a 300 blk suppressed pistol. Was planning on it being for close in combat and using heavy subsonic rounds. I need to figure out what handguard to get. What are your thoughts on whether the suppressor is under or outside the handguard. Seems the handguard would get pretty hot but I'm not Rambo and I assume the subsonics would help with that. I'm thinking about a 8.5" barrel and a 6.5" suppressor and a 9" handguard. That would put about an inch of the suppressor under the handguard and about 5.5" outside. Any input appreciated.

Inside or outside is not relevant.

Simple answer is you can't have your hand over a suppressor during long strings of fire.

Move the suppressor away from your hand (longer barrel) if your standard hand placement is where the suppressor is mounted.

Short barrels are a hot mess in more ways than just this one.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Working on a 300 blk suppressed pistol. Was planning on it being for close in combat and using heavy subsonic rounds. I need to figure out what handguard to get. What are your thoughts on whether the suppressor is under or outside the handguard. Seems the handguard would get pretty hot but I'm not Rambo and I assume the subsonics would help with that. I'm thinking about a 8.5" barrel and a 6.5" suppressor and a 9" handguard. That would put about an inch of the suppressor under the handguard and about 5.5" outside. Any input appreciated.

Simple answer is you can't have your hand over a suppressor during long strings of fire.

Move the suppressor away from your hand (longer barrel) if your standard hand placement is where the suppressor is mounted.

Can a man/woman not move their hand away from the suppressor? Seems the OP is asking about a short, compact pistol mainly for close quarters self defense. I’ve got an 18 yo girl that is handy as schit with a suppressed 9 1/2” 300 Blackout SBR. I can even shoot it comfortably with my hand at the end of the 8” handguard....with my hand behind the suppressor.

I’d like to hear more about your disdain for the “hot mess short barrels”....

Last edited by joshf303; 09/08/20.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joshf303
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Can a man/woman not move their hand away from the suppressor? Seems the OP is asking about a short, compact pistol mainly for close quarters self defense. I’ve got an 18 yo girl that is handy as schit with a suppressed 9 1/2” 300 Blackout SBR. I can even shoot it comfortably with my hand at the end of the 8” handguard....with my hand behind the suppressor.

I’d like to hear more about your disdain for the “hot mess short barrels”....

Gun fitment is a thing.

If a stubby barrel and hot suppressor is deciding where you can put the support hand then shooting performance will suffer but if you don't expect much don't give it another thought. cool

It's quite possible that if an 18 yr old girl is your metric we are not discussing similar expectations of shooting performance.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
#Readingcomprehension2020

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not going to put a suppressor on a longer barrel for a gun that'll be used for closer shooting. I want it to be more maneuverable, especially around obstacles and possibly other people. I'd rather have a shorter handguard and just deal with the fact that I have less surface area to grab. With practice and muscle memory, I'll make it work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you loading your own subsonic?
Just curious but don't want to drag the tread off topic...

Does anyone make a integrally suppressed barrel in your target length?
Since you have not yet purchased the can... seems like the best way to maintain maneuverability....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 2500HD, 222Sako, 67 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,123
Posts18,502,402
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.