Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
super T Online Happy OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Happy
Campfire Regular
S
Looks like the Clarus group is set to acquire Barnes Bullets for 30 million. I wonder why? Has Barnes had money problems?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All part of breaking up Remington assets.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
D
No Remington bought Barnes several years ago. When Remington filed for the latest bankruptcy the courts divided up Remington's assets and Barnes happed to be one of them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it is not an issue with the individual companies, just the gutted parent.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

There is a problem with individual companies becoming a part of a larger entity's gut.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

There is a problem with individual companies becoming a part of a larger entity's gut.

That is the way of the World these days...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yep, Randy and Coni should have never sold out to the big company. But, at the time, the payout probably looked really good.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I was really disappointed when Remington bought Barnes.....now, I terrified as to what Sierra will do to screw-up arguably the best hunting bullet manufactured! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by memtb

I was really disappointed when Remington bought Barnes.....now, I terrified as to what Sierra will do to screw-up arguably the best hunting bullet manufactured! memtb

If they are smart, they do nothing. Let Barnes be Barnes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You used the posted "arguably the best hunting bullet". I guess I would argue that Hammer Bullets are better. I switched from Barnes a few years ago.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by AB2506

If they are smart, they do nothing. Let Barnes be Barnes.

I’d be pretty surprised if they didn’t do just that. We on this forum have been lamenting their lack of a modern hunting bullet so they went out and got one.

That’s my read anyway...

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The only thing that can kill Barnes, is Barnes.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Excellent!!! I'd rather they have Barnes than Remington..... now they have a future again.

Between the MatchKing/Gamechanger and TTSX/TSX/LRX/XPB lines, they should be good to go!!!

Last edited by Stump Buster; 09/30/20.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Doubt Barnes will be in Remington factory ammo any longer.

I wonder what will happen to the Remington Accutip muzzleloader bullets and others that are just rebranded Barnes

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
It's a win-win for both.

For 50 years Sierra has been renowned for accurate bullets. But the controlled expansion revolution passed them by and others are infringing on their "accurate" turf. Now they've got an excellent modern hunting bullet and one without lead. Barnes will become even more important to them if jurisdictions increasingly ban lead bullets. As for Barnes, I think they will be far better off owned by someone who understands what they do. It's a 1 + 1 = 3 situation.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Remsen
The only thing that can kill Barnes, is Barnes.

Very nice...My favorite movie...

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ringman

You used the posted "arguably the best hunting bullet". I guess I would argue that Hammer Bullets are better. I switched from Barnes a few years ago.

+1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by shinbone
Originally Posted by Ringman

+1

I think that the Hammer’s are great bullets, and seriously considered changing. However, in my caliber, the Barnes TTSX and LRX have better BCs for the longer shots. While I may never take a shot at the ranges were this is critical/important....I’d like to keep that option on the table! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This is probably the most ridiculous statement I've read in a very long time

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
These goes the neighborhood

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,422
Posts18,470,622
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.