Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I ain't pleased with the NRA and I've been a Life Member since 1955.

I also don't trust a damn thing that comes out of New York State!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I would caution everyone to watch out for some of the articles coming out against the NRA and the all-out efforts to get us to turn our backs to the NRA. Bloomberg, Democrats and the media would like nothing more then to see the power of the NRA squashed. Don't you think the timing of the articles and the NY Attorney General lawsuit is rather peculiar? Propaganda is a powerful thing and is disguised to take many forms.

If you're going to turn your backs on the NRA and the collective power they've allowed us to wield, then you better be ready to prop up their replacement at warp speed!!! Because all it's going to take is scattering our efforts for one election cycle and we'll have lost. If the Dems take the presidency and secure the majority in both houses in this upcoming election, your gun owning worlds are going to change... worse than you've ever imagined! Look at Biden's gun policies... eliminating online gun, gun parts and ammunition sales; requiring all gun owners to pass training and licensing; gun storage requirements; ban, confiscate or require licensing of all assault rifles; magazine restrictions; removing the safe commerce in guns act; red flag laws; universal background checks; limiting monthly gun purchases. It's the full-Monty of the gun grabbers wet dream!!!! If you don't believe me, read his gun control policy on his website.

We're allowing ourselves to be divided and a divided house falls. I understand the faults of the NRA and the issues they need to resolve, but they've been more effective than any other organization. Take up those issues after this election. By making you turn our back on the NRA, at this very crucial moment, Bloomberg, democrats and the media have played you like a fiddle and used their propaganda power to nullify your gun owners voice and voting power.

By most metrics it appears they caught Wayne up to the elbow in the cookie jar. One guy is taking down the whole house. It may be a coup, but he needs to get out of the way. The NRA would still be there and doing better if he had stepped aside a long time ago.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WLP otta compromise and only get half as many suits.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LaPierre has set up the NRA to be either obliterated or taken over by anti-gunners. The sonovabitch is every bit as corrupt as any federal level politician. IMO, he belongs in prison.

I can't believe they are supporting trump rather than biden. He's anti gun if i recall corectly.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-mentioning-gun-control-once/ar-BB19znre

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I would caution everyone to watch out for some of the articles coming out against the NRA and the all-out efforts to get us to turn our backs to the NRA. Bloomberg, Democrats and the media would like nothing more then to see the power of the NRA squashed. Don't you think the timing of the articles and the NY Attorney General lawsuit is rather peculiar? Propaganda is a powerful thing and is disguised to take many forms.

If you're going to turn your backs on the NRA and the collective power they've allowed us to wield, then you better be ready to prop up their replacement at warp speed!!! Because all it's going to take is scattering our efforts for one election cycle and we'll have lost. If the Dems take the presidency and secure the majority in both houses in this upcoming election, your gun owning worlds are going to change... worse than you've ever imagined! Look at Biden's gun policies... eliminating online gun, gun parts and ammunition sales; requiring all gun owners to pass training and licensing; gun storage requirements; ban, confiscate or require licensing of all assault rifles; magazine restrictions; removing the safe commerce in guns act; red flag laws; universal background checks; limiting monthly gun purchases. It's the full-Monty of the gun grabbers wet dream!!!! If you don't believe me, read his gun control policy on his website.

We're allowing ourselves to be divided and a divided house falls. I understand the faults of the NRA and the issues they need to resolve, but they've been more effective than any other organization. Take up those issues after this election. By making you turn our back on the NRA, at this very crucial moment, Bloomberg, democrats and the media have played you like a fiddle and used their propaganda power to nullify your gun owners voice and voting power.

By most metrics it appears they caught Wayne up to the elbow in the cookie jar. One guy is taking down the whole house. It may be a coup, but he needs to get out of the way. The NRA would still be there and doing better if he had stepped aside a long time ago.

I don't disagree that WLP needs to go. But by disrupting our support for this one election cycle, they'll have beaten us and nullified our voice/vote. 12 weeks is all it's taken for the Dems, Bloomberg and the media to divide us. That's the scary truth. Just like our politicians that have failed to serve us, if we had issues with WLP, we should have risen and taken care of it long before now, unfortunately now isn't the time to clear the roaches. The power the NRA wielded was never with the presidential vote, it was their sway for the votes in both houses and the downstream ballots.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The power the NRA wielded was never with the presidential vote, it was their sway for the votes in both houses and the downstream ballots.

Gore and Kerry come to mind.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NRA grassroots are still functioning after a fashion. But La Pierre has completely screwed the pooch. I've read the complaint (and it's lousy writing, anyone too lazy to read it should be ashamed for not informing themselves) and all of Jeff Knox's explanation, which is quite good. THe only thing I can think of is an organized attempt at the next annual for an actual revolt. Mob shows up. Period.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Pepe' LePew and his cronies on the executive board might want to consider traveling to the next convention in an up-armored Humvee!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Pepe' LePew and his cronies on the executive board might want to consider traveling to the next convention in an up-armored Humvee!

Do you think theyll throw cell phones? grin grin grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NRA is basically BANKRUPT. It is now like a neutered dog at a gang bang. Can only sit there and watch, maybe bark every now and then. That's it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The job of any gun lobby is to support people that are PRO 2nd Amendment and tear apart those that don't. It's also to promote all aspects related to the 2nd Amendment. For many years they have led the charge. No other group has done more for gun safety and training than the NRA.

Something I always ask is why they don't rotate the Executive VP like every other office in the NRA. W.P. has been there in that position way too long. We need term limits on his office! They also say they are a 1 issue organization. That's stupid. Practically every enemy of gun owners is also an enemy of every conservative American. Take Harry Reid for example. I well remember the photo op with him and the NRA big wigs. He supposedly helped set up a shooting range in Nevada. We didn't need his help. We never need the help from any elected official. They should be willing to do their job out of fear from us as members that we will vote them out. To quit sucking up to the likes of Harry Reid would also be a great step forward.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim1611
The job of any gun lobby is to support people that are PRO 2nd Amendment and tear apart those that don't. It's also to promote all aspects related to the 2nd Amendment. For many years they have led the charge. No other group has done more for gun safety and training than the NRA.

Something I always ask is why they don't rotate the Executive VP like every other office in the NRA. W.P. has been there in that position way too long. We need term limits on his office! They also say they are a 1 issue organization. That's stupid. Practically every enemy of gun owners is also an enemy of every conservative American. Take Harry Reid for example. I well remember the photo op with him and the NRA big wigs. He supposedly helped set up a shooting range in Nevada. We didn't need his help. We never need the help from any elected official. They should be willing to do their job out of fear from us as members that we will vote them out. To quit sucking up to the likes of Harry Reid would also be a great step forward.

And the NRA was instrumental in getting Bernie elected

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have any politicians of note sought an appearance with Mr. Lapierre this election cycle? I think not. He has become poison to be avoided. I've thought that for a long time now. But he can't step down. If he had to pay his own legal defense it would completely break him. He should be thrown out, but that is way easier said than done.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
At one time Bernie Sanders was pro-gun. The state of Vermont also.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
He has to go before they get another penny of mine. Since it appears that he is intent on running the organization into the ground, it's now a matter of what 2A organization we need to get behind.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hastings

Thats my point. Like supporting Reid, the NRA's political strategy has been short sighted, poorly thought out or more likely just plain corrupt.

Last edited by ribka; 10/02/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thats my point. Like supporting Reid, the NRA's political strategy has been short sighted, poorly thought out or more likely just plain corrupt.

In todays world, it would make perfect sense for the NRA not to support pro gunners grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How can you hire a lawyer that has a history of support anti-gun democrats?

JFC

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
How can you hire a lawyer that has a history of support anti-gun democrats?

JFC

Good question. Have you ever wondered whether the guys who develop anti-virus software by day go home and develop new computer viruses by night? Job security, maybe.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings

The NRA was doing some things very well. Candidates feared their ads which were extremely effective. They had a lot of play as lobbyists, too.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

712 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 163bc, 10ring1, 007FJ, 83 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,732
Posts18,494,843
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.