-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've met him. He's just a normal guy trying to make it in this world. When I asked him how he liked his outdoorsmans pack he said "you know what, I have one in my basement. Give me your address and I'll send it to you" Sure enough it showed up, complete with feathers inside. Haha. Heck of a guy IMO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like his show. Don’t find it over the top touchy feels at all. He can kinda wonder off sometimes but quickly gets back on track.
I enjoy the diverse hunting from different parts of the country.

Not a lot of canned bullschit from a stand over feeders waiting on a buck with its own photo album with a twat in full makeup. I can’t stand those shows.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Rinella I can tolerate ok.

That guy in "Into High Country", Matzinger, makes me want to hurl.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've about completely stopped watching hunting shows about a year or more ago.
Rinella's was about the last one I could stomach to watch. I know it's sort of contrived to get that "let's eat some of it right now", but much less contrived than most hunting shows hawking the latest hunting equipment.

I can't think of a single redneck whitetail show that I could sit through. I have rarely watched some western hunting shows the past couple of years, mostly because it's different kind of hunting than I can do here.

I'm not hyperspiritual about animals and I don't thank the great earth spirit for providing me meat to eat. I am a Christian, not a "Gaia worshiper" or a druid.
But....
1. I loathe watching guys do their victory high fives and dance around like fools after killing an animal.
2. I hate the statements like "he (the deer) couldn't take that shot". Well, let me shoot you with my 300wsm or 7-08 and see if your arrogant butt can take it.
3. I despise the term "I smoked that deer." or "thunderchicken" or whatever animal was killed.
4. I eschew the naming of animals and shooting them over corn and calling it hunting.

My father taught me respect for God's creation, animals included. I don't worship nature, but every time I kill a game animal or a lamb or other farm animal, I do it respectfully and inflict as little pain as possible to the animal.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by FishinHank
I've met him. He's just a normal guy trying to make it in this world. When I asked him how he liked his outdoorsmans pack he said "you know what, I have one in my basement. Give me your address and I'll send it to you" Sure enough it showed up, complete with feathers inside. Haha. Heck of a guy IMO.

Most people that meet Steven come away with a feeling like he took the time to actually engage them. Steven grew up near where I lived for a long time. His Mother still lives next to a co-worker of mine. He was friends with one of my best buddy's, that's how I came to know more of him than just his show. He's a writer....that loves the Outdoors. He grew up as deeply immersed in the Michigan wildlife as he could.

Living in NYC (last I knew) I imagine he has to change up his style to appeal to those around him.

I say good for him, finding something he can do to make a living outdoors....

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I don’t mind him getting touchy feely while sporting his Weatherby rifle, wearing his First Lite gear, sighting with his Vortex Binos and scope, trekking those miles in his Schnees boots, and gutting the critters with his signature Benchmade knife.

I still like his show, but the push to product brands on his website and social media pages is too much. Expected With success. Don’t fault him for making money. But the enjoyment of following an average Joe is gone.

He is no Average Joe. Quit watching him because of all that bulshit. Sorry, But, it's just hypocritical. I'd rather watch the Canadian with the great big LEUPOLD on the side of his scope.

Last edited by local_dirt; 10/02/20.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
He isn’t much different than Brent Danielson. A two faced liberal that likes to hunt, but still supports the environmental and left wing side of politics. They both think that because they are associated with guns and hunting, they get a pass and belong with real outdoorsmen.

Couldn’t be more wrong.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He’s a good story teller slowly being overshadowed by the economics of having a brand. The first couple of seasons of Meat Eater seemed more “regular dude like me”....then his camo outfit had to match and rifle stickers had to be prominent. Everyone here would trade a CCR for a Savage, right?

I think we’d all do the same given the opportunity to make a living though. Face it, newbie millennial hunters are the biggest suckers out there and will spend all their money for the “look”. And talk about their feelings.

Shooting schit and eating it isn’t new.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm a big fan of Anthony Bourdain, and Meat eater seems, sometimes, in the same adventurous, try new schit spirit. But Bourdain was the consumate realist. Sometimes life is raw and nasty. Alot of places in this world getting emotional would get you killed. There doesn't have to be meaning in everything you do. Sometimes your just feeding yourself and your family and having some fun with family and friends away from work. I see no point in rubbing the deer and giving it a little smooch on the forehead while asking the great spirit to take him to the great corn feeder in the sky. I completely understand he's trying to make some money doing something he loves and have NO problems with that. Anyway.... Seems like a genuine guy and I bet he's a pretty decent human being as human beings go.

Bore's probably right. I'm sure in that world it's hard not to succumb to the monetization of it when your sole source of income is advertisement driven consumerism.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Local whitetail outfitter had a guy book a hunt with him, and film it for his show........don't know who it was. Anyway, guy killed a buck, went through the routine for the camera in which he pointed his finger towards the heavens, got all teary-eyed, and just kept repeating over and over again, "thank you Lord." Off camera, the guy cussed like a sailor, drank like a fish, told the dirtiest jokes, and acted like anything other than a Christian person that he tried to pass himself off as being to his audience.

I've pretty much quit watching all hunting shows. Tried Meateater a few times, and it's a joke. I do like Jim Shockey though.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
He's a decent voice for hunting. There are certainly a lot worse out there.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Chernin loves rinella. I mean he is better than the other blowhard in Bozeman....dont cha noh uffta!

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 10/02/20.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hes the only one I occasionally watch now.

I hate the others that do fake high fives and talking smack the whole time and call the game stupid names. Michael Wedel and buck commander are the worst.

The worst one was a pro-hunter that walked up to a ranch and offered $2500 to shoot a deer on that side of the fence. the guy turned him down. The only redeeming things was he didnt trespass to shoot a big deer.

At least Rinella hunts and is intelligent.

He doesnt pimp the gear like the others. You see it, but hes not nearly as bad as many.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I like his hunting show and think it's relatively well done for a hunting show.

But he needs to tighten up on who he works with and what his opinions are on all forms of hunting. Because for a guy that's eager to represent hunters, he says some really stupid schit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Local whitetail outfitter had a guy book a hunt with him, and film it for his show........don't know who it was. Anyway, guy killed a buck, went through the routine for the camera in which he pointed his finger towards the heavens, got all teary-eyed, and just kept repeating over and over again, "thank you Lord." Off camera, the guy cussed like a sailor, drank like a fish, told the dirtiest jokes, and acted like anything other than a Christian person that he tried to pass himself off as being to his audience.

I've pretty much quit watching all hunting shows. Tried Meateater a few times, and it's a joke. I do like Jim Shockey though.

You got more bullschit gossip stories than a Jewish woman.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I honestly think the 22 minutes of show is a bad idea. ZPZ productions produces some really good stuff. A 4 day hunt compressed to that little bit of time is really short changing what’s going on. I can’t stand the Saturday morning cartoon format. I’d rather see a couple 2 hour episodes than a dozen 1/2 hour ones.

I’m with Jack, Anthony Bourdain was one of the best. Restaurant Confidential is really good. Even better on audio since he narrates it.

Rinella and Bourdain on a show together would have been an great story.

Rinella and Francis Mallman would be epic....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
I like his hunting show and think it's relatively well done for a hunting show.

But he needs to tighten up on who he works with and what his opinions are on all forms of hunting. Because for a guy that's eager to represent hunters, he says some really stupid schit.

Like what?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I like him; he is from very close by my lifelong home so I kinda consider him my people. He seems to live a pretty hardcore outdoor lifestyle even if his branding is a little on the John Denver (vs Charlie Daniels) side of things at times.

I also appreciate that he hasn’t allowed himself to be politicized. We’ve ruined so many things that people from across the political spectrum used to come together and enjoy like sports, but he has avoided being dragged into that. Sure it makes him money but it is also good to have a place where people can enjoy something together.

I like the guy quite a lot and enjoy his shows & podcasts even tho I often disagree with him.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Calvin
Blood on my hands has been a part of my entire adult life, both in work and and play.

You are now knows as...”The Hit Man”

grin

Camp is where you make it.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugeman, 16penny, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,821
Posts18,496,525
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.