Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by HitnRun
He isn’t much different than Brent Danielson. A two faced liberal that likes to hunt, but still supports the environmental and left wing side of politics. They both think that because they are associated with guns and hunting, they get a pass and belong with real outdoorsmen.

Couldn’t be more wrong.

Wait, are you saying that “real outdoorsmen” have to have a certain political view? Call me ignorant, but I didn’t realize there was a correlation...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I don’t get it. You have a hunt. You go out with the intent to kill. You kill. And you feel remorse? Then why do it? Take up golf.

I like to kill fish/game. I feel zero remorse and get a good adrenaline rush in doing so. The planning, physical exertion, and often times the social aspect make it appealing. The food part of it is a bonus but probably low on the list on why I hunt.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Calvin
I don’t get it. You have a hunt. You go out with the intent to kill. You kill. And you feel remorse? Then why do it? Take up golf.

I like to kill fish/game. I feel zero remorse and get a good adrenaline rush in doing so. The planning, physical exertion, and often times the social aspect make it appealing. The food part of it is a bonus but probably low on the list on why I hunt.

I've watched one of his shows and kind of lost interest how in the opening he explained he "had" to go Dall sheep hunting as the freezer was low. I like to eat game meat but if the freezer is low enough that I have to spend several thousand dollars and travel to alaskafor more food I'm just going to the grocery store. If you want to hunt a call sheep just be honest and say its because you want to

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll go with respect. I've hooted and hollered on a good kill, but the humble usually sets in pretty quickly. No woo woo though, that's cultish.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 16bore
I honestly think the 22 minutes of show is a bad idea. ZPZ productions produces some really good stuff. A 4 day hunt compressed to that little bit of time is really short changing what’s going on. I can’t stand the Saturday morning cartoon format. I’d rather see a couple 2 hour episodes than a dozen 1/2 hour ones.

I’m with Jack, Anthony Bourdain was one of the best. Restaurant Confidential is really good. Even better on audio since he narrates it.

Rinella and Bourdain on a show together would have been an great story.

Rinella and Francis Mallman would be epic....

Bourdain seemed like a guy that if you got in a bar fight in sigapore he'd break a beer bottle and cut somebody. Rinella seems more like the buddy that says "damn boys, i better be getting home, gotta work tomorrow.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

If you can't drop the hammer on an animal, you shouldn't be eating meat. Growing up seeing first hand where dinner comes from, which was normally the garden/cellar or the barnyard/woods hunger pains never seemed to appealing. Mother nature is a cruel bitch, the sooner you come to terms with that the better off you'll be.
Grandad would grab a chicken, chop his head off with a hatchet on a piece of firewood, toss it into the yard to run around in circles and bleed out. No "thank you's" or prayers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If people will watch a show about getting your freezer full, I think that says volumes about those watching.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

there's an old saying that has a lot of wisdom in it....................... " I don't hunt in order to kill. I kill in order to have hunted."

IOW, It's the hunting I am defined by, not the killing. I kill for a purpose. It can be a solemn moment and a happy moment at the same time.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jackmountain

If you can't drop the hammer on an animal, you shouldn't be eating meat. Growing up seeing first hand where dinner comes from, which was normally the garden/cellar or the barnyard/woods hunger pains never seemed to appealing. Mother nature is a cruel bitch, the sooner you come to terms with that the better off you'll be.
Grandad would grab a chicken, chop his head off with a hatchet on a piece of firewood, toss it into the yard to run around in circles and bleed out. No "thank you's" or prayers.

I agree and same here except it was grandma with the hatchet.

Having said that, there are almost as many reasons to hunt as there are hunters. If someone wants to say a prayer, put a sprig of greenery in the animal's mouth, or anything else that's not being a douche I'm OK with it. We need more hunters and not everybody is gonna do it "like I do."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

As a Christian I feel a reverence borne of gratitude when I kill. First for the food and in recognition that it wasn’t supposed to be this way, but also because “blood must be shed for the remission of sins” and this cycle of one creature losing its life so there may live reminds me of a deeper truth imbedded in the natural order.

Just my .02...

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Local whitetail outfitter had a guy book a hunt with him, and film it for his show........don't know who it was. Anyway, guy killed a buck, went through the routine for the camera in which he pointed his finger towards the heavens, got all teary-eyed, and just kept repeating over and over again, "thank you Lord." Off camera, the guy cussed like a sailor, drank like a fish, told the dirtiest jokes, and acted like anything other than a Christian person that he tried to pass himself off as being to his audience.

I've pretty much quit watching all hunting shows. Tried Meateater a few times, and it's a joke. I do like Jim Shockey though.

You got more bullschit gossip stories than a Jewish woman.

Yenta.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by smokepole

I agree and same here except it was grandma with the hatchet.

Having said that, there are almost as many reasons to hunt as there are hunters. If someone wants to say a prayer, put a sprig of greenery in the animal's mouth, or anything else that's not being a douche I'm OK with it. We need more hunters and not everybody is gonna do it "like I do."

Bingo.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Im thankful for the game and harvest but not going overboard with it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What about if you have t climb inside your kill to stay warm like Luke Skywalker?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
. I feel a bit of remorse every time I take an animals life

I have said many times that I'd love to be able to shoot a deer, bobcat, or a turkey with a tranquilizer gun, take a picture, then watch them wake up and run off. I often have a little feeling of remorse after shooting one. However, I have no remorse whatsoever about killing a coyote, coon, squirrel, possum, English Sparrow, and a few other ones that I had better not mention.

#OldandSoft

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Bourdain supported Obama and he was a flaming liberal, enough said. He wouldn’t be on my side in a bar fight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like him or hate him? Seems like a pretty good gig he has going but the whole touchy feely halfway millennial thing he has going gets tiresome. Just shoot a deer in the face and make dinner. No need for the whole “thank you deer for giving your life so we can make snack stick with cheddar cheese” bullschit. Seems like everything has to have deep meaning and a spiritual connection to nature these days. How about some “I need to get some meat in the freezer or starve, so fuch you deer?

I think it is what many young hunters need to hear, to come to terms with hunting, to hunt for fun is to be shamed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Thank ye thy great spirit now i can buy two rocks of crank

There is a song about a guy killing his buddy over a Clovis point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like him or hate him?

The third option is ambivalance, due to not needing E-celebs to validate my personal choices.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I love golf.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 72 invisible), 2,236 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,785
Posts18,495,990
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.