-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to hear that, that has to be a tough situation.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
GB1

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
That sucks man, prayers sent.

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sorry this is happening to your family. Prayers for your fathers comfort.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Actually, after I posted, the COVID desk called and they relented. I'm already positive, it's been 11 days since HE infected me, that was finally recognized as a low-risk matter.
It still sucked. The Covid rooms are jerry rigs, like being inside a jet engine with the blowers going. But Dad was reasonably aware and a lot less miserable. I briefed him on where he really was and his real situation, and he pondered then gargled out that was why he'd signed the directive in the first place. So then talked about the bad things we got away with together. I sat him up and we looked out the window talking about what good flying weather it is, how nice it will be at Arlington next spring, then basically just side by side until he said he wanted to go to sleep. Nurse and I tucked him in again, I went full military, requested permission to take my leave, permission granted, departed.

Hopefully his departure will be smooth and swift.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
The inhumanity of many aspects of these policies is unbelievable.

So sorry to hear about this Dave you and your dad are in my prayers.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Actually, after I posted, the COVID desk called and they relented. I'm already positive, it's been 11 days since HE infected me, that was finally recognized as a low-risk matter.
It still sucked. The Covid rooms are jerry rigs, like being inside a jet engine with the blowers going. But Dad was reasonably aware and a lot less miserable. I briefed him on where he really was and his real situation, and he pondered then gargled out that was why he'd signed the directive in the first place. So then talked about the bad things we got away with together. I sat him up and we looked out the window talking about what good flying weather it is, how nice it will be at Arlington next spring, then basically just side by side until he said he wanted to go to sleep. Nurse and I tucked him in again, I went full military, requested permission to take my leave, permission granted, departed.

Hopefully his departure will be smooth and swift.

Your a good man Dave......Im glad the hospital relented and allowed you in to see him. Im sure it meant the world to him having his son with him in this time.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Prayers from Colorado.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Dave so sorry for your situation. I feel your pain.nmy mom has dementia and in assisted living. I have on,y got to see her once since March 15 and that was mid august and she didn’t know who I was by then. Last weekend she fell broke her hip in three places had to go to hospital now in her second room there and confused but I can’t go in. Don’t know if it would do any good since she doesn’t know me. I’ve let my wife as she can still seem to calm her. Now she gets moved to rehab nursing with a 2 week isolation. This Covid is killing our elderly even if they don’t have it

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sure hate to hear this, Dave..

Thousands of people are not getting to be by their loved one's side when they need them most, and they are dying alone.

THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE!!

Medical Power of Attorney is more important now than ever. Make sure you have one. Make sure your loved ones have one.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Do what is the deal with his lungs? Fighter pilot lungs ??

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thanks for your service “Dad”

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's not right. Prayers sent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope for the best for both you and your father. While I understand the need for hospitals to take precautions, I do not get the restrictions on keeping family members from being with a loved one, when that loved one is dying. I hope it does not happen to my family, but I have said if it did, there is no way come Hell or high water that they'd keep me out.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
So sorry to hear this, but glad that you were able to spend some time with him.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Glad you got to spend some final lucid moments with your Dad. Try to find some peace.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

282 members (2ndwind, 300s, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 338rcm, 300_savage, 39 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,620
Posts18,474,012
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.