Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If I'm driving my tractor on the road I try and pull over if someone is stuck behind me, impeding traffic is a dick move.

If I'm in my vehicle and get stuck behind a tractor I'll wait until an opportune time and pass, solid yellow line or not. As far as I'm concerned the broken or solid line thing is meant for passing vehicles, a tractor is an obstruction, not a vehicle. If there's a cow standing in the road do you stop in the lane or slow down and go around it? How about a tree in the road or something that fell out of the bed of a pickup? Same principle in my book, determine if it's safe and go around it. I don't actually know what the state law is on passing tractors but I can tell you that 99% of the locals will pass one if they get a chance and it's safe, no matter what the yellow line is.

As with most things, using common sense seems to work best.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Just as an opinion/further thought.

Our insurance company says "don't pull over" that's what passing areas are for. if you are in an accident and over halfway off the road.... Past the white line then you are responsible. But in saying that I still try to get over especially if traffic is building up behind me.

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
If I'm driving my tractor on the road I try and pull over if someone is stuck behind me, impeding traffic is a dick move.

If I'm in my vehicle and get stuck behind a tractor I'll wait until an opportune time and pass, solid yellow line or not. As far as I'm concerned the broken or solid line thing is meant for passing vehicles, a tractor is an obstruction, not a vehicle. If there's a cow standing in the road do you stop in the lane or slow down and go around it? How about a tree in the road or something that fell out of the bed of a pickup? Same principle in my book, determine if it's safe and go around it. I don't actually know what the state law is on passing tractors but I can tell you that 99% of the locals will pass one if they get a chance and it's safe, no matter what the yellow line is.

As with most things, using common sense seems to work best.

You're kidding about the common sense thing aren't you? wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Just to show you folks I kid about this stuff, and have been for a long time, I took these pics in 2010 or 2011. In the town of Pomeroy WA near where I used to live. I sent them to my relatives in SoCal, who can't go as fast on a fwy many times as one can behind a piece of farm eqpmt.

I took these at just around 5 PM and told them this is what "rush hour" traffic looks like in Pomeroy. If anyone has been on a major freeway in SoCal at 5 PM, one can see why I found it humorous to call this "rush hour" in Pomeroy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

5 vehicles backed up in Pomeroy constitutes rush hour, 2 vehicle slowed behind a tractor constitutes a traffic jam in Modoc county.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Just to show you folks I kid about this stuff, and have been for a long time, I took these pics in 2010 or 2011. In the town of Pomeroy WA near where I used to live. I sent them to my relatives in SoCal, who can't go as fast on a fwy many times as one can behind a piece of farm eqpmt.

I took these at just around 5 PM and told them this is what "rush hour" traffic looks like in Pomeroy. If anyone has been on a major freeway in SoCal at 5 PM, one can see why I found it humorous to call this "rush hour" in Pomeroy.

5 vehicles backed up in Pomeroy constitutes rush hour, 2 vehicle slowed behind a tractor constitutes a traffic jam in Modoc county.

Apart from those clowns driving on the wrong side of the road that could be here.

Ok, those hills are a bit of a giveaway as well.

Yeah well...and the green grass.

Last edited by JSTUART; 10/04/20.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The green grass is someone's front lawn.

Don't know if you can make out the hill behind the houses, it's a bit dry looking....

then again, I just looked at the date the picture was taken, April 2011. So that hill hasn't recovered from winter yet. Hasn't had a chance to green up yet.

Are you in a wheat growing region there or true desert. Pomeroy gets about 19" of rain a year, or 7" more than we get here in the high desert. Ours stops from about June through October though. Haven't seen but 0.12" since July here.

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The green grass is someone's front lawn.

Don't know if you can make out the hill behind the houses, it's a bit dry looking....

then again, I just looked at the date the picture was taken, April 2011. So that hill hasn't recovered from winter yet. Hasn't had a chance to green up yet.

Are you in a wheat growing region there or true desert. Pomeroy gets about 19" of rain a year, or 7" more than we get here in the high desert. Ours stops from about June through October though. Haven't seen but 0.12" since July here.

Here.

LINK

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting, thanks for the link.

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Interesting, thanks for the link.

Yeah, now you can see why we all get excited about anything green or hilly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959

I'd rather drive 20 miles behind a tractor than get behind a bunch of spandex wearing man-bun bicycle riders that absolutely don't GAS and will not get out of the way of properly licensed, insured, and taxed vehicles.
At least the farmer is going to or coming from work, not just out blocking the road because he can.

...never mind.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959

I'd rather drive 20 miles behind a tractor than get behind a bunch of spandex wearing man-bun bicycle riders that absolutely don't GAS and will not get out of the way of properly licensed, insured, and taxed vehicles.
At least the farmer is going to or coming from work, not just out blocking the road because he can.

...never mind.
laugh laugh

Gary's right on this one...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Blackbart is amazed to learn he doesn’t live in a free state.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You are all a bunch of road-ragers.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Blackbart is amazed to learn he doesn’t live in a free state.

LOL
Dufus deflave can't even live where he wants to. He has to follow the boss and live where he's told. Ends up where hunting little lizards with a pellet gun is a sport.

LMFAO you stupid cock sucker.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Dufus deflave can't even live where he wants to. He has to follow the boss and live where he's told. Ends up where hunting little lizards with a pellet gun is a sport.

How many bullets do they let you put in your gun these days?

Stay off that pavement!

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

How many bullets do they let you put in your gun these days?

Stay off that pavement!

LOL

As many as any I own or want will hold. I've got 326 acres to hunt, fish and ride my four wheeler right out my back door. How many you got dumbass ? Them lizards taste good ? Get one mounted yet ?

LMAO

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
As many as any I own or want will hold. I've got 326 acres to hunt, fish and ride my four wheeler right out my back door. How many you got dumbass ? Them lizards taste good ? Get one mounted yet ?

LMAO

Blackfart,

You could never kill a lizard because you do not hunt.

And you sure as hell can't shoot.

Try not to blow a gasket the next time you see a farmer working.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

LMAO

Blackfart,

You could never kill a lizard because you do not hunt.

And you sure as hell can't shoot.

Try not to blow a gasket the next time you see a farmer working.
I've killed more deer than you will if you live to be 100. Also was state 4 position small bore champion and earned NRA distinguished small bore rifleman. Whaddya got dipshyt ? HAHAHAHAHA.

PS
I don't want to hunt lizards. LOL

PSS
How many acres you got to hunt and ride out your back door again ? LMAO

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've killed more deer than you will if you live to be 100. Also was state 4 position small bore champion and earned NRA distinguished small bore rifleman. Whaddya got dipshyt ? HAHAHAHAHA.

PS
I don't want to hunt lizards. LOL

PSS
How many acres you got to hunt and ride out your back door again ? LMAO

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So you've got nothing as usual. You are the most pathetic loser on this forum.

Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

198 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,601 guests, and 874 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,504
Posts18,490,610
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.