Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
After moving to Florida I conferred with my God and advised that I would prefer to see them land elsewhere.

If I leave they will be more evenly dispersed.

Advantages of being a deacon, no doubt.

(that’s gonna trigger the gunwizzer). wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Simoneaud
I am just sick of it!! I have worked so hard for this Saturday's muzzle season... and now this, all my hunting gear is at my camp on Bayou Patout, except my rifles... I left lots of gear on purpose this past weekend, beer, crown, gear, clothes..

I had mud on my docks for Beta too, just sick of it

I hear ya!

About the only thing worse than too much rain is not enough rain.

I live not far from the gulf, and have had two storms within touching distance, and can't buy a rain this year. frown

Yep - all of NM is in drought, our place is on the line between severe, and exceptional - last I looked.
We've had darn few semi-normal years since 1999.
Even our Raton high country got very little snow this last winter. (Think south-east of Raton Pass, on Johnson Mesa - which the weather folks now call the Johnson Ridge area.)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Was not oil. There is a fuel problem.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am just sick of it!! I have worked so hard for this Saturday's muzzle season... and now this, all my hunting gear is at my camp on Bayou Patout, except my rifles... I left lots of gear on purpose this past weekend, beer, crown, gear, clothes..

I feel for you my friend. I hate to admit it but 2020 is wearing me out.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I hate to admit it but 2020 is wearing me out.

The crazy thing is, that in the future, we may look back on 2020 as being a year we wished we were back in...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
There is something fundamentally wrong with living in a place with that many creepie crawlies, and on a windy day you have to look UP at the waves. Of course, this from an idiot who lives where the landmass is poised to fall into the Pacific and forest fires have become the number one summer sport.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Was not oil. There is a fuel problem.

If it didn’t crater, is it repairable?

My neighbor down the way had his crater the engine on low oil is why I asked.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I suppose it can be made to run, the problem is right now, Lake Charles is still very much suffering the aftermath of Laura. 90% of all the buildings in Lake Charles, Sulphur, Westlake and Moss Bluff are damaged. Getting someone to work on a generator when their house has a 90' pine tree across it is not likely.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My dad just went through that part of the country and he said it's pretty fugked.

Much worse than anything portrayed on the news.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Engine
I don’t think that there’s a low oil safety on the Generacs.Did it crater totally on you?
Generac does have an automatic oil pressure kill switch but I think the problem is that you are running real hard on low oil pressure before it gets low enough to cut off. It astounds me that folks never check the oil in their cars, lawnmowers, generators, tractors, or whatever. At the rate my wife's fairly new Toyota Highlander uses oil it would be in trouble before the next oil change. I believe the add mark is when it is one and a half quarts down. Doesn't even hold 5 quarts total. We just add a half quart along as it goes down.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a question for the masses. How would you secure the travel trailer? My thought is that it wouldn't take much wind speed to blow it over. I am thinking about running a ratchet strap from the frame to the base of the pole bran legs. I am confident that will help stabilize the travel trailer, but would it compromise the pole barn? I will be retracting the slide in and securing the outdoor furniture.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 10/06/20.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave
My dad just went through that part of the country and he said it's pretty fugked.

Much worse than anything portrayed on the news.

News coverage ended when the Weather Midget left town on the day after the storm hit.

Last edited by Borchardt; 10/06/20.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Here's a question for the masses. How would you secure the travel trailer? My thought is that it wouldn't take much wind speed to blow it over. I am thinking about running a ratchet strap from the frame to the base of the pole bran legs. I am confident that will help stabilize the travel trailer, but would it compromise the pole barn? I will be retracting the slide in and securing the outdoor furniture.

Manual augers front and back screwed down into the ground and then strapped around the back bump and front coupler frame. Tractor Supply has what you need.

That setup held mine down in Iberville Parish when the eye of hurricane Andrew went right over it.

The winds were strong enough to blow the bark off of cypress trees to where they all appeared red in color.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I don't think they consider them a favor at this point...

They should send the bad mojo out west, WAYYY out west. Our drought is still on.
frown

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys down there can't get a break. Looks like this one is going right through lake charles..again

Prayers and well wishes for you guys.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

The European model has Lafayette taking a direct hit by Delta. Y’all south of there could encounter some serious weather.

Lafayette didn’t get hit as hard as we did in Central La. by Laura, based on visible damage to trees We may get whacked again by Delta. Lake Charles took the blunt of Laura as you know, not sure how Delta’s gonna affect them. They sure don’t need any more of that.

Gonna be glad to see 2020 gone. It’s been a crazy year. 2021’s gotta be better.

Stay safe

DF

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

I wouldn't attach anything to that overhead
that you didn't want flying 200 yards away.
JMHO- at 1st opportunity, I'd get a dozen pieces
of drill stem or similar and make some steel supports
for that shed, or at least add way more wood .
Can't tell. Looks like 8 legs total for the whole thing .
My porch awning peeled off supports and all and
flew straight up about 35 feet and over the house
like it was made of paper
I'd put probably a half a dozen of the anchors
like others posted

Last edited by Ranger99; 10/06/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No spot is good bit let's hope it takes a turn to the east so those hit by Laura don't get gang raped to bad. Unfortunately that puts NO in the zone, if I'm not mistaken. You guys get ready...

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
My son is heading to Leeville in the morning to move the boats up the bayou. And my son in law is heading home tomorrow from Lake Charles. He's been out there almost a month working on restoring the power.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (17CalFan, 222Sako, 219DW, 1234, 219 Wasp, 19rabbit52, 49 invisible), 1,997 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,464
Posts18,508,252
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.