Print Thread
Hop To
B
bufaf Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
About 10 years ago, I bought a Cabela's branded Alaskan Guide series binocular, which has been my hunting binocular since then. Not top end but good quality. This year, they're just not as sharp as they used to be, so I decided to get myself a new set. When I bought them, they had a lifetime warranty.

It was my understanding that when Bass Pro took over Cabelas that they had done away with the lifetime warranty. I read it on the internet, so it must be true, right?

I went to Cabela's today to look for a new set. Older gentleman working the counter wanted to show me Cabela's brand. I told him no, because they no longer backed up their supposed "lifetime guarantee". He said that they had recently started honoring their lifetime warranty on Cabelas branded items again. He told me to take my old binocular to customer service and see what they would do.

So I did! They gave me a return value of $550 and I could get a set of whatever Cabelas brand binoculars that they had for up to that price. They didn't have anything Cabelas that wasn't priced less than half or twice as much. So he gave me a 10x42 Vortex Viper binoculars on trade for mine. They go for about $500, so im definitely happy with that.

Moral of the story is that Cabelas does, once again, honor their lifetime warranty!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A big mistake for them to stop in the first place. They lost a lot of customers that will never set foot in the place again over it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Good news for a change. I think they saw how much "bad press" they were getting and decided to do the right thing. I'll bet the bean counters at the headquarters aren't happy!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bufaf
About 10 years ago, I bought a Cabela's branded Alaskan Guide series binocular, which has been my hunting binocular since then. Not top end but good quality. This year, they're just not as sharp as they used to be, so I decided to get myself a new set. When I bought them, they had a lifetime warranty.

It was my understanding that when Bass Pro took over Cabelas that they had done away with the lifetime warranty. I read it on the internet, so it must be true, right?

I went to Cabela's today to look for a new set. Older gentleman working the counter wanted to show me Cabela's brand. I told him no, because they no longer backed up their supposed "lifetime guarantee". He said that they had recently started honoring their lifetime warranty on Cabelas branded items again. He told me to take my old binocular to customer service and see what they would do.

So I did! They gave me a return value of $550 and I could get a set of whatever Cabelas brand binoculars that they had for up to that price. They didn't have anything that wasn't priced less than half or twice as much. So he gave me a 10x42 Vortex Viper binoculars on trade for mine. They go for about $500, so im definitely happy with that.

Moral of the story is that Cabelas does, once again, honor their lifetime warranty!

That's great news. Good on them for helping you out.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
Good news for a change. I think they saw how much "bad press" they were getting and decided to do the right thing. I'll bet the bean counters at the headquarters aren't happy!

of course they are not happy most guys abuse the warranties

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Vortex used to have a lifetime warranty. Maybe they still do. Their Cdn head office is about 1 mile from my office. They swapped my broken Vortex 8x bingos straight up, no questions asked.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

Bullshit!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

I manufacture and sell off road products and everything I make gets a liftetime no questions asked warranty. To date I've yet to need to honor that warranty on anything because I make my stuff to last. I have several reasons for doing that and one of them is that warranty. It motivates the seller to provide the very best, always.

Then there is my Dillon RL650 I bought new in 1982. About 6 years ago I broke part of the primer device. My own fault. I called to order a new part. When that was taken care of I asked if I could pay over the phone. Pay for what he asked. My parts. I broke them. It was not Dillon's fault I told him and he told me they didn't care if it was my fault the were still taking care of it.

Warranties make money for companies as they build trust. Glad Cabelas are back at that too.

Last edited by Jim1611; 10/06/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got a guide tent dome that's leaking due to the polyurathane failing on the fly and floor. I wonder...

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You must be one happy camper too!
Good to hear that you had a great experience.
Normal wear would be what most companies would claim.
You got the equivalent sears craftsman non mechanical hand tool trade in guarantee and then some.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Weren’t some of the old Cabelas binos Zeiss Classics? Am I misremembering or is this true? If so my uncle may have hit the jackpot as he has a pair with a cracked lens

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheKid
Weren’t some of the old Cabelas binos Zeiss Classics? Am I misremembering or is this true? If so my uncle may have hit the jackpot as he has a pair with a cracked lens

The clerk at weirton told me that meopta made them.
Here's a thread on that topic. It may not answer your question, but hopefully will help

http://www.opticstalk.com/who-make-cabelas-binos_topic27513.html

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I hope you're right. Their website says 60 day warranty.

"Cabela's-Brand products
What is the guarantee on Cabela's branded products?

All products, Cabela's-brand and non-Cabela's brand, have a 60-day satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 60 days."

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
B
bufaf Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Kid,

Back around 2005 or so Zeiss discontinued the Classic C and came out with a new product line. Cabelas bought all (or as much as they could get) of the Classic C binos and offered them for a good discount. I got a pair of 10x40 for $700 back then, and they’re still my hunting binoculars.

Glad Cabelas is backing their products again.

JohnDog

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just before Cabela;s ended the lifetime guarantee I returned a scope. They honored it but no longer sold that model, I got one that retailed for just over half as much and felt happy to get that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bufaf,

I'm interested in a review of your new binos. Just the basics if you have time.
I think others would be too.
While its fresh in your memory, I'd be interested in knowing how they compared to others that you compared them to in the store.

C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
I've had it both ways. I have had service on their products that went above and beyond what is necessary. But when I was in there several weeks ago, the woman ringing up my purchases threw a fit when I tried to correct her on some improperly priced items. I was just trying to save her the trouble of getting to the end and having to do it over. I think I will give up on my dream on owning the store with my points and spend them in the near future.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'll bet the bean counters at the headquarters aren't happy!

Perhaps the bean counters are beginning to realize that they are not going to have many beans to count if the company does not change.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have more faith in your Vortex Warranty than anything Cabelas BP puts up. Glad you got a new bino. I have a buddy that got screwed by them.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,397
Posts18,488,893
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.