Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by lastround
[quote=Blackheart] If they're as good as the other guns they make, 3 out of 5 will be junk.[/quote

I’ve never owned any Ruger junk and I own a bunch of Ruger’s handguns and rifles.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I've owned a bunch too, and still do.
Apparently someone hasn't ready any posts by S&W owners. They (Ruger) are making a LOT of guns. Last I heard around 2 million a year. Some are going to get out with a problem. Same thing happens with cars and trucks.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Leaked picture of prototype Ruglin 336 "Traditional" for the legacy buyers:

[Linked Image from marlinfirearms.com]

Rumor has it they will update the features on this to appeal to the younger tactical crowd...

Not for me but I could see them selling something similar in stainless and it being a big seller in AK.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Lose the button safety. Clothe them in plain walnut with no checkering like they did back in the 70s. Profit...

I'm in.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I wouldn’t mind a plain walnut stock and no safety, but wouldn’t cry about a threaded barrel as once you get a suppressor it’s hard not to want to use it on everything you can honestly.

I can understand why most wouldnt. The picatinny rail i don’t like. Don’t care for a tactical lever gun honestly.

But the threaded barrel would work for me, and I do understand I would be the minority in that.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by lastround
[quote=Blackheart] If they're as good as the other guns they make, 3 out of 5 will be junk.[/quote

I’ve never owned any Ruger junk and I own a bunch of Ruger’s handguns and rifles.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I've owned a bunch too, and still do.
Apparently someone hasn't ready any posts by S&W owners. They (Ruger) are making a LOT of guns. Last I heard around 2 million a year. Some are going to get out with a problem. Same thing happens with cars and trucks.
Lets just say that between working as a gunsmith and behind the gun counter at a sporting goods for years, I probably saw more Rugers with manufacturing defects that never should have have left the factory than any other brand. If you think Ruger puts out a superior product or has a QC department you are blissfully naieve. The big, high production gun companies want product pumped out as fast as they can and quality be damned. You the customer are their QC department. Employees haven't the time, inclination or incentive to pick out flaws and/or make adjustments or exchange ill fitting parts before sending them out the door. They are overworked, under paid, pushed too fast and poorly/inadequately trained before being turned loose on the production line. I know these things to be true because among other things I also worked for a gun manufacturer and have seen these things for myself.

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Online Sad
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Lose the button safety. Clothe them in plain walnut with no checkering like they did back in the 70s. Profit...

A 444 with a 24 inch barrel.
No cross bolt.
No checkering.
Good modern recoil pad.

It would sell.

Producing one in .454 Casull might even increase the sales of the SRH Alaskan. Maybe even offer them as a combo package.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't know what Ruger will do with Marlin, but, Keeping my JM 30-30 regardless.

Last edited by TBREW401; 10/09/20.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
4" Redhawk and 18" 1894 in 41 mag.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TBREW401
I don't know what Ruger will do with Marlin, but, Keeping my JM 30-30 regardless.
Same here. I have 7 JM Marlins and they aren't going anywhere. I may still try a Ruglin but only because they do have good customer service and will repair, replace or refund your money in the event you get a dog. I have no illusions that they will put out a superior product. They won't.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (12344mag, 16gage, 117LBS, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,955 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,736
Posts18,494,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.