Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O

Tried one recently without success. Apparently their warrant covers nothing if you read the fine print. Your experiences? GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Never had a "Buck" break. JM

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
What was the situation that needed you to use the warranty?

I have not seen issue with anyone using the warranty, so I am curious what was the contributing factor(s).

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Seen them replace a lot of stuff on the spot at the Buck knife day at the store in Lebanon. Sharpen for free and replace broken stuff without a second thought.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've read of folks getting knives fixed and replaced. Checkout the Buck subforum at bladeforums.com

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

Tried one recently without success. Apparently their warrant covers nothing if you read the fine print. Your experiences? GW

Oldtimer,

When my dad gave me my first treasured knife, either a tree brand or an old timer, I was one happy camper.
He ended up giving both to me eventually.
There was a buck in his collection. I then looked at the logo on the box. It showed a guy taking a hammer to his blade!

Hey Dad! Why's that show a man hitting his knife with a hammer?

Well, boy, they're showing how tough their knives are.
But that's no way to treat a knife. They won't cover that in the warranty.

Well then WHY do they show a guy pounding his knife that way? Someone might just be foolish enough to do that .

I thought that logo was some old fashioned ginsu commercial. I Imagined the nightime tv saying "LOOK HOW I TAKE A HAMMER TO THIS BLADE AND IT STILL SLICES TOMATOES LIKE A RAZOR!". 😄

Later I was taught how blacksmiths used to forge all the tools, including knives.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Busted a 110 prying bullets out of a tree. They put a new blade on it no questions asked, even when I admitted fault

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
ot

It's been a few years but YES they honored their lifetime warranty.

I had a 501 (?) small pocket knife that I broke the tip..... FREE knife.

Haven't had any issues since so.... don't know about now.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
This is the first time I have ever heard of someone having an issue with Buck's customer service. And I've been buying Bucks for almost 50 years.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everything that I've read about Buck knives is they stand behind their product and often repair a broken Buck for free, you just pay postage.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd guess that the main problems are broken tips.
Wrong tool for the job. First thing I was taught besides oiling and sharpening is that they are not screwdrivers.
I tested that theory ...once.

Next was a kid in the tree stand carving his and his girlfriends initials. That relationship broke off too! 😄

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffyD
This is the first time I have ever heard of someone having an issue with Buck's customer service. And I've been buying Bucks for almost 50 years.

Ya' got me by about 20 years, but same.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have broke two Buck stockmans, one on a deer, one on a elk,.
Both were my fault.
Both were sent to Buck with a letter explaining how it happened and could they be fixed?
Both times a new knife was sent back...

It doesn't get any better I don't think.

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O

Had a Buck 119 given to me. Had severe damage to the hilt, appeared to have been ran over. Called Buck customer service and was advised they only repaired/replaced factory defects. Broken blades would have to be examined for metal weakness and factory defects on the handles. Said retail on the knife was $80. + dollars and they might replace it for half price. I find them new for 45- 50 dollars with no shipping cost. Total snow job by the customer service lady. They sure aren't Leupold. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
ot

Yes they’re $ 47.99 here at W W.
80. is MSRP

Sorry for the stipulation but
Times, they are a changing.

I just bought a 119 last year before season. Great knife.
Butchered deer with it.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I broke a 110 Folding Hunter, my fault. Broke the tip while working the bone on a moose. I called Buck and asked about having them replace the blade. They asked me send it to them, which I did. After several weeks I received a brand new one in the mail. Great company and great knives in my opinion.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I broke the tip off of a Bucklite using it as a screwdriver on a rifle sight way up in the mountains, ground it to a new point and several years later broke the blade severing an elk spine. I told Buck my story and they replaced the identical knife. I have since bought Buck knives for my kids and grandkids.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

This does not mesh with my experience w Buck at all.

I picked up a Buck folder for 5 buck at a second hand store. The lock was broken. I emailed Buck asking to pay for repair, they said send it, it’s under warranty.

Upon return it was repaired, sharpened, brass polished, and included a discount coupon for next purchase.

I posted about it at that time how terrific their CS is.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Had a Buck 119 given to me. Had severe damage to the hilt, appeared to have been ran over. Called Buck customer service and was advised they only repaired/replaced factory defects. Broken blades would have to be examined for metal weakness and factory defects on the handles. Said retail on the knife was $80. + dollars and they might replace it for half price. I find them new for 45- 50 dollars with no shipping cost. Total snow job by the customer service lady. They sure aren't Leupold. GW

wow Buck screwed you. lol. Reminds me of the folks who used to buy a tent from Cabelas and use 15 years then want to return for full refund. Just like REI and LLbean who had to end the warranty due to scammers

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buck will re-blade any knife for $10, including return shipping. They will do their SPA (sharpen, polish, adjust) for $6.95 including return shipping. Last knife I sent in for a re-blade they just sent a new knife back. If you have one with sentimental value state that on the form and they will respect your wishes. I sent a box of them that I had collected over they years and every one came back clean, polished, and sharp.

Last edited by K1500; 10/08/20.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,668
Posts18,493,711
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.