Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
W

"well basically their pieces of fu#ken sh#t
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ooopsie!...this 8.5-25x puked on a 50 BMG. Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

MK4 16x here and yet another PUKE. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Not that I don't enjoy your Fhuqktwattedness and outright Bullschit. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts for TRYING though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Seems to me God has cursed you with piss poor luck with scopes.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by rickt300
Seems to me God has cursed you with piss poor luck with scopes.

Among a lot of other things.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by atse
Originally Posted by BWalker
Go shoot 500 rds , dialing frequently as you go, and then report back. I have a feeling you will change your tune. On the two Leopold dialers that I had, the errector springs started going at somewhere between 200, and 250 rds. Each was sent back and rebuilt 3 times. Each time the erector springs gave out between 200, and 250 rds. The key for you will be to shoot that many.

When in the hall would you start around spinning dials to get out to 500 yards?
Get yourself a good ballistic reticle scope and be done with it.

I shoot coyote s at 5-600 yd range. They have a 6 to 8" vertical kill zone. Kinda close ballistic reticle bs ain't gonna cut it. Those coyote s don't stand at even yardage increments so that the ballistic reticle can work. Why guess when you don't have to. Same with hunting deer and elk. Precision beats close.

I have used BR and mildots on prarie dogs at those sort of ranges. Works just fine.
Coyotes IME on the other hand dont just sit around and give you time to fart round twisting dials. Maybe Montana coyotes are just particular skittish?

Last edited by BWalker; 10/08/20.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
As per the original post. Sitting in a safe for a years with low round count isnt much of a testimonial. I stopped using Leupolds about the time the Zeiss Conquest came out and havent used them since. I only had one ever fail catastrophically but I had many that tracked poorly when zeroing and some that would not hold zero. The optical clarity to my eyes was also poor back then as compared to Zeiss.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think this is where the appropriate use of “OK Boomer” comes into play. Guess my $100 Simmons shotgun scope I’ve had for 21 years would be the testimony for Simmons repeatability because I’ve never had an issue on my 12ga, Muzzle loader, ARs or the 308 it’s currently on. And I’ve shot it more than once in the last 10 years. Must mean they’re all like this. 🙄

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I like Leopold just fine but this thread makes me sad.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We few, we lucky few, that rid ourselves of Leupolds years ago, when we realized Rip Van Leupold would wake up from his 2 decade old slumber and found the long range FFP market and the competition had passed them by with better tracking, better illumination, and clearer glass for way less $....

Hunting fuds will cling to the Gold Ring longer because dial and forget and sub 300 yds shots are mostly their forte, and the 1" Leupold's are still a solid value for those less demanding (meaning ranges) challenges.

IMHO and YMMV

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Naysayer? I just got back a 3.5x10 AO from Leupy that was completely rebuilt (they were very responsive). Its demise was trying to adjust the scope for the first time in 25 years...and undoubtedly the recoil of 3 or 400 340wby rounds. I’m happy to have it back....but not sure what I’ll mount it to (I put a spare VX3i on the 340wby).. Perhaps it’s an excuse to pick up another rifle....:). Leupolds served me well for a lot of years....but I’ve now had 2 failures out of perhaps 20 scopes (predominantly vari-x-III). Would I buy another? Probably not. Then again, I won’t purchase another Swarovski Z3, Z5 or Z6 either.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Go shoot 500 rds , dialing frequently as you go, and then report back. I have a feeling you will change your tune. On the two Leopold dialers that I had, the errector springs started going at somewhere between 200, and 250 rds. Each was sent back and rebuilt 3 times. Each time the erector springs gave out between 200, and 250 rds. The key for you will be to shoot that many.

I shoot coyote s at 5-600 yd range. They have a 6 to 8" vertical kill zone. Kinda close ballistic reticle bs ain't gonna cut it. Those coyote s don't stand at even yardage increments so that the ballistic reticle can work. Why guess when you don't have to. Same with hunting deer and elk. Precision beats close.

I have used BR and mildots on prarie dogs at those sort of ranges. Works just fine.
Coyotes IME on the other hand dont just sit around and give you time to fart round twisting dials. Maybe Montana coyotes are just particular skittish?

Ballistic reticle don't work good on distances where an " odd number comes up . Example 567 yds. I can be much more precise dialing that range than I can using my ballistic dot for say 550 yds and guessing the extra. I don't like to guess, and I am only interested in first shot kills. Walking it in with 2nd and3rd shots like you do on prairie dogs doesn't work on coyotes, or deer or elk either for that matter. As to the coyote s you mentioned. They actually do hang around at that distance. You see, smart coyote s that have been called, often come in from 400 to 600 hrs and won't come closer. I have seen em sit there for a half hour just looking, scoping it out. Those smart ones are where you need to dial precisely, and kill them with that first shot. No second chances. Hope that clarifies it for you.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Not that I don't enjoy your Fhuqktwattedness and outright Bullschit. Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

What are you smoking now?!

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Ballistic reticle don't work good on distances where an " odd number comes up . Example 567 yds. I can be much more precise dialing that range than I can using my ballistic dot for say 550 yds and guessing the extra. I don't like to guess, and I am only interested in first shot kills. Walking it in with 2nd and3rd shots like you do on prairie dogs doesn't work on coyotes, or deer or elk either for that matter. As to the coyote s you mentioned. They actually do hang around at that distance. You see, smart coyote s that have been called, often come in from 400 to 600 hrs and won't come closer. I have seen em sit there for a half hour just looking, scoping it out. Those smart ones are where you need to dial precisely, and kill them with that first shot. No second chances. Hope that clarifies it for you.

I cant believe I have killed elk, deer, antelope etc with out dialing!?
And walking in shots on PD's doesnt work to hot as the tend to go in their hole after a bullet impacts them.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

I cant believe I have killed elk, deer, antelope etc with out dialing!?
And walking in shots on PD's doesnt work to hot as the tend to go in their hole after a bullet impacts them.

Not saying you can't do it. Just saying there might be a better way. Doesn't really matter to me what scope/system you use.

W
W
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Hint.

What are you smoking now?!

The bodies of dead Leupolds obviously.

"well basically their pieces of fu#ken sh#t
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Could someone please make a bong out of a Leupold? Asking for a friend.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,596
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.