Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
The Jap Weavers were good scopes. I have several that have served me well. Not interested in one from the chinks or gooks.

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Hey, this phone is made in Korea. SOaB it works good. On the other hand, Weaver Kaspa, chink chink chink chink...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by GeoW
The lack of a country of origin is default China..

No, it is not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like this new Weaver is only sold by Natchez..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They look tremendously like a Bushnell to me.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Buy one scope get free kimchi.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I like Weaver but don't find the duplex reticle very useful compared to all the other offerings out there now.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Buy one scope get free kimchi.

where can I get kimchi?? I love it..

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Since I went ahead and bought one of these scopes from Natchez I can answer the question. It's marked Korea. Pictures follow but if for some reason you are looking at this thread months/years after I post this the picture links may be broken. The scope is clearly marked "Korea"

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I want to give Weaver another try......but won't.

My sheep/deer/bad weather rifle wore a Grandslam for years. It was beat up good and was a great optic for many seasons. After one particularly cold day deer hunting in South Dakota, the scope fogged internally.

I sent it in for Warranty work. Customer service returned the scope saying that due to "excessive use" the warranty was null and void. I called and spent an hour of my life talking to a customer service rep, and her supervisor. They stood by their decision.

In my opinion, the Weaver name and the warranty mean little when it's under new ownership every few years.

The above happened 15 years ago, so to be fair, today's Weaver may be different, but I'll stick with Leupold and Burris.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by silver78
Since I went ahead and bought one of these scopes from Natchez I can answer the question. It's marked Korea. Pictures follow but if for some reason you are looking at this thread months/years after I post this the picture links may be broken. The scope is clearly marked "Korea"

]

What do you think about the optical quality, eye box and eye relief?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It'd possibly look good on a RAR. cool

Is Bushnell going to Warrant legacy Weaver products or what's the scoop?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Politics aside, the specs look a bit skimpy to me, adjustment range in particular. Not crazy about the appearance either, but I’m an old fart with old notions. I’ve had good service from some Korean Bushnell Trophy XLTs on “budget” rifles, a 4-12 AO in particular. No guarantee these are made by the same folks, obviously.

As for kimchi, a little goes a long way with me. I’m more of a sauerkraut guy.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jk16
Natchez just posted some newly designed Weaver "Classic" models on their website-

https://www.natchezss.com/email/2020/weaverclassic.html

And it looks like it was not just a "special run" ,either-
Here they be on Weaver"s newly updated website-

https://www.weaveroptics.com/optics/

“ And it looks like it was not just a "special run" ,either-
Here they be on Weaver"s newly updated website-”

If you click on each scope it says, “Exclusively Available at Natchez”, so I’m thinking it might be a special run.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

]

What do you think about the optical quality, eye box and eye relief?

I do not consider myself enough of a scope expert to really give anyone much guidance. It's a sub-$200 scope so I do not expect it to be perfect. Seems Ok to me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Korea makes quite a few of the newer bushnell scopes too. Forge, nitro etc

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From the looks of these new Weaver scopes on the website, they look like slightly modified and relabeled Bushnell scopes...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the funny part is most of us, well especially me will not buy them cause they are not LOW produced japan products. but the company had to do something different because the general public wouldn't pay for solidly built japan stuff, instead buying the junk vortex sells. its really sad, that the industry is moved this way. I even see it happening with Zeiss. Zeiss has a totally badass line of scopes with the V4 line, but the problem is they aren't really sold in stores around me anymore. but for that matter it seems like all the stores have been constantly lessening their instock riflescope lines.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
the funny part is most of us, well especially me will not buy them cause they are not LOW produced japan products. but the company had to do something different because the general public wouldn't pay for solidly built japan stuff, instead buying the junk vortex sells. its really sad, that the industry is moved this way. I even see it happening with Zeiss. Zeiss has a totally badass line of scopes with the V4 line, but the problem is they aren't really sold in stores around me anymore. but for that matter it seems like all the stores have been constantly lessening their instock riflescope lines.

Shut up and test more scopes. That’s your true talent. Go forth...

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
It'd possibly look good on a RAR. cool

Is Bushnell going to Warrant legacy Weaver products or what's the scoop?

A Korea made Weaver would really spiff up a RAR.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (16gage, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 75 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,740
Posts18,495,058
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.