Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I just read that Barrett apologized for using the term sexual preference.

and apparently the LBGTQ community finds that offensive - for using a term that relays they have a preference of one sex over the other.

As if those people don't have enough things to be offended about. I cannot keep up with what is or is not offensive anymore. It requires more effort than I am capable of providing.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I think that is the purpose. Post modernism gave us people groups who define their reality based on group experience and expectation. Post post modernism has boiled this down to the individual. It seems to me that this is why there is no reasoning with any group or person that has adopted post/post modern thought. The best example that i can think of is the constantly moving demands of the ANTIFA types. The narrative of self definition constantly changes.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The left can change terms and their meaning at will. That way they can always accuse normal people of being bigots, —ists (fill in the blank with whatever you want), etc. It defies common sense and logic, but then again so does liberalism.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who cares?

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
when you have a supreme court justice apologizing for using the term, I care

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is a power thing; owning the terminology used in discussion of social issues, and being the arbiter of what means what, gives the minority groups power over those who care what the minority group thinks or wants. For normal people it means we should tell the language police to kiss our ass.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sexual preference sounds better than [bleep] got, queer, or aids loving homo sexual pos.

Life is good live it while you can.
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I dont know, but I discovered the term nonbinary when doing a 4473 the other day...wtf?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by KFWA

and apparently the LBGTQ community finds that offensive - for using a term that relays they have a preference of one sex over the other.

As if those people don't have enough things to be offended about. I cannot keep up with what is or is not offensive anymore. It requires more effort than I am capable of providing.

THeir power is from constantly redefining what it mean to be a victim. They depend on people always being in the wrong. Ignore them and use the English language the way it is defined a pre 1990s dictionary.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The goal is to be identified as a protected group. This is how the queers pushed the American family out of preferred position in the insurance market. Once upon a time families got preferred rates. The Aids epidemic brought on by the queer community ended the definition of the family. Insurance rates doubled for families.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im pretty sure it wasn't the right that started using the term sexual preference. The skunk always smells its own hole first.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Lgbto people are offended about themselves, why wouldn't they be offended by others about anything? I guess that's why IDGAF about them. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yesterday.

Just wait for the next word or phrases to become BAD WORDS.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those who were calling for tolerance 25yrs ago have become to most intolerant among us.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Fugg ‘em. She shouldn't have apologized. Should have shone a light on the idiocy of it all, as I am quite sure she is capable of doing. She is in the spotlight at the moment, and I think there is very little that could damage her confirmation at this point. No better time to further expose the madness of the left to rank and file Americans. We need to be highlighting their insanity at every opportunity. Doing to them what they have been trying to do to us. Dehumanizing them. Making them the outcasts that nobody gives a damn about.

That needs to happen, because we are going to have to either lock them away or kill them(depending on their course of action) before this is over(unless somebody figures out how to change their minds), and if they are seen as “normal”people, that won’t play well with the rest of society. We all wish the left would simply grow up and figure out that their ideas won’t work, but I sure don’t see how that is going to happen...

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 10/14/20.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
I just read that Barrett apologized for using the term sexual preference.

ODD : THEY now incorporate Q in LGBTQ. QUEER.

Anything THEY choose to be is offensive.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by killerv
I dont know, but I discovered the term nonbinary when doing a 4473 the other day...wtf?

I saw that. Dealer couldn’t answer if that box was checked, but my ID said male if that would be falsifying a 4473, or would you have to check both.

Swifty
B
B
Down deep all of these people know that they are bending natural law and their conscience is being seared by the natural knowledge of a ‘higher’ order of things. It may seem like they remember having a conscience but their brain has been conditioned to use anything to assuage their guilt to a level they might cope with same.

Words do matter...
See how they have changed the meaning from the old Christmas jingle Deck the Halls: “Don we now our gay apparel...” 😉

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Amy was being kind. Didn't cost her anything. She probably thinks otherwise but this is her gauntlet to run. She won't give them any foothold to launch an attack from.

God Bless America
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by killerv

I'm hoping that the non binary answer is a red flag for the guy doing the background check. As in, "if this guy doesn't know what genitals are, maybe he shouldn't have a firearm. DENIED!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 68 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,770
Posts18,476,835
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.