Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I will be buying a light for night hunting this fall. Lightforce seems to be the leading player in this field. I've seen a few adds for optronics but Never saw one in person.

Any input welcome.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Not a single one of you guys hunts at night with a light?

I'm stunned this has not had a reply!

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can we night hunt w/ a light in Washington? Or are you going someplace else to use it?

J

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Im sleeping at night, getting ready to hunt the next day. Illegal here, and night hunting just never appealed to me, tried it several times,and it just never excited me much?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I use a Q-beam, 200K CP...

Folks say the switches act up occasionally but I've not seen this and I'm on year 3...

It is a dang good light...

Most everybody I know here in TX uses Light Force but I'm not having issues with my current set-up....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It's fine in Wa for legal species, clearly not big game.

Does that Qbeam mount to the scope or barrel? What power Supply. I've only used Qbeams that were handheld

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[quote=JJHACK]It's fine in Wa for legal species, clearly not big game.

Does that Qbeam mount to the scope or barrel?

Neither, it is hand held...There are various battery powered lights that do attach to your rifle. I'd suggest a scope mounted unit if you do indeed to go this route. It will be hard to suggest gear as I'm sure our techniques are quite different due to location...This is what I'sd suggest if you go that route which I do not.

http://www.burnhambrothers.com/product.asp?ProductID=18662

What power Supply. I've only used Qbeams that were handheld

Mine is cigarette lighter powered. I also have it rigged for contest hunts so I can switch over to an extra marine battery that I'll bring along...[/quote]

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
JJ,
Lightforce all the way! I've got the 170mm night hunter kit.
A friend bought an Optronics light to mount on his shotgun. First shot, the Optronics crapped out! My lightforce has taken a licking, and is still ticking!

www.tufflights.com
Rick will take care of you!!
1D

S
S
Light force hands down. And good advice on Rick at tufflights.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have the optronics 350 yard gun mounted light it has worked well for me for the past 3 seasons and there customer service is excellent. I have heard good things about light force but I don't think one has to spend $200.00 to get a light that will kill yotes. I am not implying that they are not worth that much they, probably are well built but the optronics will work just fine.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

IC B3

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I have an Optronics and I think it sux. Don't waste you're money. I have mine on a shotgun and at best I can identify a target at a range of maybe 25-30 yards. I even replaced the bulb with one of a higher wattage. Not much help.

The problem with the Optronics is that it is more of a flood light than a spot light. I can see farther with the focused beam of a 2D maglight than I can the Optronics scope light.

I've used a friend's Lightforce and I can assure you there is NO COMPARISON between that and an Optronics in quality of components, functionality, and especially range. Save your pennies and buy the Lightforce.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Lightforce is the best out there right now. Hands down! Quality stuff. Can't go wrong.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
JJ.,

Don't own one, but the serious benchrest/varmint/long range shooters at my range are very big on them.

Too old to suffer fools

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 15,810 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,200
Posts18,543,539
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.