-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As to the original situation, drinking isn't necessary to achieve the same result.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I can will all honesty say that my wife needs no alcohol or drugs to revel in complete madness. It generally starts when I ask her what she would like for breakfast. ( as she cusses out the voice on the glucometer).

And it generally spirals down from there until bedtime. Thank God for my own bedroom.

Well,

Least Since getting her off the opioids, I’m not dodging # 3 can o’ peaches ( in heavy syrup) or the occasional tossed walker.

Divorce. Expensive because it's worth it.

Currently just not a option my friend. I am her caregiver. Whether she likes it or not. Chances are she will outlive me tho. It’s the way things are.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Every once in awhile you need to spend a weekend with a crazy woman"

My first thought was, "No, no I don't".

LOL
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Live and learn

Best done sooner than later.

Yep, an hopefully with as few lessons as possible!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My wife falls well within the typical range of crazy for females. She gets a little attitude every now and then but I've reached the age where I just ignore it. She's more of an "A" type personality than I am. She likes having something to keep her busy and these days I just take it as it comes. But it isn't a problem. I putter in the yard and she chases around messing with real estate.

I've got a little patch of land to clean up and she has a couple of rental properties to manage.

There's all kinds of talk that could be said about investment, retirement, blah blah blah. But the bottom line is, it's all just something to keep us occupied,...and maybe it will make a little money in the long run.

IC B2

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I saw a man get hit with a can of green beans from his wife because he was drunk and put his bare ass against the sliding glass door while the MIL was visiting.

Looked like it hurt, she Nolan Ryan'd his ass

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by KFWA
I saw a man get hit with a can of green beans from his wife because he was drunk and put his bare ass against the sliding glass door while the MIL was visiting.

Now that's just funny.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
to each his own

If I knew a couple that I wanted to hang out with for a week, especially now that we're essentially empty nesters, I'd go on a cruise with them.

I like hanging out with my wife, I like hanging out with friends. I don't see why that's so odd

Friends yes.

Couples no.

Why spend money to put up with other people's bullshit?

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

Now that's just funny.

Thanks to my cat like reflexes I learned to dodge and swat them out of the way!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I told my boys there is nothing in this world better that the love of a fine woman and nothing worse than being married to a crazy shrew.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

My mom slung a shoe at my dad one time when he said something off color in front of their house guests. It hit his boss right in the side of the head!! grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
last weekend I rented a cabin and spent the weekend with my wife and another couple , friends of hers from high school

Nothing will make you appreciate your lot in life than spending a weekend with a woman that is Charles Manson level crazy

Too many instances of crazy to detail here, but we'll start with them arriving 6 hours late, her knocking out ...oh..80% of a fifth of Jim Beam in about 3 hours time, hopping out of a moving car to pet wild deer., falling up the stairs, and in her drunken state turning the thermostat up to 86 before we went to bed and that was just the first night. It went downhill from there

I was never so happy to see a weekend getaway end. As they were leaving I noticed her husband looking at me in the car like a dog that realized they aren't going to the park but going to the vet instead.Except this is a man who realizes there are no more park days, the rest of his life is going to be vet days.

I looked at my wife and was never so glad I had a semi-normal well adjusted woman that I live with.

Spending a weekend with a crazy woman that you aren't married to will make your marriage stronger ( well I mean unless you are phuggin the crazy woman, then , not so much)

Sounds like a life of horror. It's good to read something like this now and then to make me appreciate what a good woman my wife really is---even if she sometimes displays those milder womanly traits I'd have surgically removed if I could. She's nothing like the devilwoman who slept in your cabin over a weekend.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RiverRider
last weekend I rented a cabin and spent the weekend with my wife and another couple , friends of hers from high school

Nothing will make you appreciate your lot in life than spending a weekend with a woman that is Charles Manson level crazy

Too many instances of crazy to detail here, but we'll start with them arriving 6 hours late, her knocking out ...oh..80% of a fifth of Jim Beam in about 3 hours time, hopping out of a moving car to pet wild deer., falling up the stairs, and in her drunken state turning the thermostat up to 86 before we went to bed and that was just the first night. It went downhill from there

I was never so happy to see a weekend getaway end. As they were leaving I noticed her husband looking at me in the car like a dog that realized they aren't going to the park but going to the vet instead.Except this is a man who realizes there are no more park days, the rest of his life is going to be vet days.

I looked at my wife and was never so glad I had a semi-normal well adjusted woman that I live with.

Spending a weekend with a crazy woman that you aren't married to will make your marriage stronger ( well I mean unless you are phuggin the crazy woman, then , not so much)

Sounds like a life of horror. It's good to read something like this now and then to make me appreciate what a good woman my wife really is---even if she sometimes displays those milder womanly traits I'd have surgically removed if I could. She's nothing like the devilwoman who slept in your cabin over a weekend.

Put 80% of a 5th bottle of Jim beam down her in 3 hours and report back in the morning!
laugh

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A friend of mine told me that his dad came home drunk and started wrestling his mom around in a playful manner,...but after a bit it got to be more than his mom appreciated and she got mad. His mom got loose from him, grabbed a revolver, and shot it close enough in front of his dad's face that it powder burned his dad's nose.

He said that he got up the next morning and his dad was digging the bullet out of the wall with his pocket knife.

I asked him why his dad dug the bullet out of the wall.

He shrugged and said, "I guess he was going to carry it around in his pocket and look at it the next time he felt like rough-housing with mom".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Put 80% of a 5th bottle of Jim beam down her in 3 hours and report back in the morning!
laugh

[Linked Image from memegenerator.net]

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I remember reading about a guy, wearing a raincoat, who came up to the counter in a convenience store and placed a can of beans on the counter, then opened his coat, and flopped Willie on the counter. The clerk, who had picked up the can of beans to scan them, slammed the can down on Willie.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It sounds more like an alcohol problem than crazy. She needs help with that.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Seems like life is harder for women, menopause and the aftermath especially. For many happiness and contentment seemingly becomes impossible.

Flat amazing too how many folks spend the second half of their lives soaked in alcohol.

You would know.

LOL

?? How so?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Who's idea was this "getaway"?

Never heard of something so retarded in all my life.

That's cuz you live, "getaway" full time, Jim. smile

And who the hell invites someone else along? Besides them and my wife, I mean?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd like to spend a weekend without one!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (14idaho, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.