-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Woke" means desperate to be Cool. Cool is a great substitute for actual accomplishment and a clever excuse to shy away from necessary but unpleasant realities.

Reality is tough.

We have made it so comfortable and safe that nonsense can flourish in the minds of the otherwise idle.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by High_Noon
.... and although I live over 680 miles away from them, here in far W. TX, I would have to be around my brother every time I traveled back to Big D, for many reasons. It would be far better for all involved if I was able to make him see the error of his ways. I cannot abandon my brother just because he's a f*cking moron - at least not yet.

Yes, you can cut him loose. He's in Dallas - a cesspool of idiocy and Leftards. Just look at who's running that city and county. He's living in a feedback-loop that positively reinforces his insanity every morning when he wakes up - you can't compete with that level of brainwashing. He's already decided that you are a lost cause and probably tells everybody in his life that he has a 'hick/redneck brother in W. Texas who's a Nazi Trump lover'. Think about it - it's over and the commies have your brother firmly in their fold. It's regrettable, but the Reds specialize in splitting up families. The alcohol loosened his lips to speak what's on his mind, and you got a glimpse of who he really is, now.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by High_Noon
.... and although I live over 680 miles away from them, here in far W. TX, I would have to be around my brother every time I traveled back to Big D, for many reasons. It would be far better for all involved if I was able to make him see the error of his ways. I cannot abandon my brother just because he's a f*cking moron - at least not yet.

Yes, you can cut him loose. He's in Dallas - a cesspool of idiocy and Leftards. Just look at who's running that city and county. He's living in a feedback-loop that positively reinforces his insanity every morning when he wakes up - you can't compete with that level of brainwashing. He's already decided that you are a lost cause and probably tells everybody in his life that he has a hick/redneck brother in W. Texas who's a Nazi Trump lover. Think about it - it's over and the commies have your brother firmly in their fold. It's regrettable, but the Reds specialize in splitting up families.

gonehuntin: What you've written here is eminently reasonable and correct. I am willing and able to do as you suggest. I'm just not there yet. He is my brother and I must , at the very least, make an attempt to turn him from the Dark Side.

Aside from his Marxist beliefs, his drinking issues, his screwed up perspectives regarding white people and his obvious self-loathing, his unemployed status, the secret group of groids he hangs out with, his predilection for drunken fighting - and losing, his taste for abusive wimmins, his poor marksmanship and his efforts to indoctrinate his own son, he's basically a good man... Wait... scratch that, he's a blithering idiot.

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/21/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only the USA limits the power of government in order to prevent tyranny. Only the USA guarantees the citizen’s right to keep and bear arms so that they can defend their liberties against tyranny. Tyranny like packing the Supreme Court as Democrats plan to do. Tyranny like the plans Democrats have to punish Republicans who supported Trump. Tyranny like Biden’s plan to confiscate firearms. You can tell from their plans that the Democrats want to establish a one party state where they would control every aspect of society without the constraints of the constitution. Only fools and evil people could support their plans to turn the USA Into the USSR. Never forget that the USSR murdered 50+ million “enemies”, enslaved 200+ million people and was an economic disaster.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
High Noon (and all reading this thread) -

My brother (6 years younger than me) is much the same as yours. Not sure what started or triggered his downward spiral into the Marxist abbyss, but it was at least 20 years ago. (BTW - he's not a Marxist, he's an independent). It got to be you could not have a normal, civil discussion with him about literally anything, politics, policies, deer hunting, firearms . . . anything. I decided it was, for the most part his alcohol and recreational drug use that fueled his dissatisfaction with his life and there was nothing I could do for him or our deteriorating relationship unless he was a willing participant. We lost our parents in 2007 and 2011, his wife got bladder cancer and died in 2016 at 56 yo. His response was to dive headlong into the bottle. We have not had any kind of a real conversation since 2007 after dad died . . . I do not now and did not then need his "poor little 'ol me" crap, so just decided to stay as far away as was feasible limiting any F-F interaction as much as possible - stress sucks. Oldest sister (3 years younger than me) has always marched to her own drummer, we are OK with each other, but not really that "close". Youngest sister (8 years younger) and I have always been much closer especially in our politics and our "moral" thought processes and desires for the future. She and her hubby even moved 500 miles to be closer to my bride and me as well as putting more miles between brother and her.

I have often thought to send brother a letter similar to what you have thought to send to your brother and have decided (in my situation) there is no up side, so will just smile, nod and keep on going as we have. He might wake up, he might not. I might wake up . . . I might not. It will have to be both of us in the end, though.

Best of luck to you.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Only the USA limits the power of government in order to prevent tyranny.

Excellent.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Otter: Thanks for your response. My brother too, fancies himself an Independent. I believe they tell both themselves and others that they are Independent to disguise their fanatical love for and alignment with Marxism, so as to avoid unpleasant criticism. Although my brother wouldn't tell me who he voted for, I know that he did not vote for Trump. Whether he voted for Lyin Biden, or some other Independent, I do not know. The point here is, that [probably] just like your brother, both our siblings are lying to themselves if they truly believe they are Independent while secretly supporting Marxist doctrine, and that is the real tragedy of it all. They're delusional and cannot or willfully will not see the truth of either their beliefs or their actions. Sad, really.

- Del Gue
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good luck with it High, 2-3 years ago I made my mother cry as we had what turned into a very heated political discussion[argument]. Neither of us has brought politics up with one another since and I still regret seeing her so upset.. Should someone else bring it up at gatherings I just bow out. She only brings politics up with one of my 2 brothers[who once was a school teacher-like her] but never drank the NEA etc kook-aid. He laughs it off, something I can't do so I just don't go there and now she knows not to as well[with me].

One thing that has stuck with me that I heard mom tell the other brother many years ago when we were teens and those two brothers were ready to kill each other.
She very calmly stated "you only have one brother named Steve, he can't be replaced, let it go"

It just stuck with me.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Have you at least tried sleeping with his wife?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Have you at least tried sleeping with his wife?

'flave. Thank you for asking.

No.

She's a disease-ridden, gelatinous skank and & I wouldn't touch her w/ your dick.

Is that wrong?

She'd have a good chance at SOTUS Commander.

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/21/20.

- Del Gue
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never ever argue with a drunk... especially not a family member. Do not send the letter. If an opportunity comes up to have a brief conversation about what topics you are interested in discussing set limits about what you are and are not willing to discuss. If he doesn't respect the limits hang up.... no drama (NO 15 page letters). Love the person but don't be accepting of unacceptable behavior.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ignore sockpuppets advice at your own peril.

I'm tempted to say you seem educated beyond common sense.

LOL
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Fifteen pages is not a “letter”. It might as well be a “screed” or a “manifesto”. Simply tell him he is too old to be calling you in varying states of drunkenness.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My "letter" definitely is not a screed or a manifesto. My letter is a white paper that clearly and irrefutably disproves my brother's Marxist beliefs, while simultaneously spelling out, in great detail, exactly why he's an ignorant, hard-headed moron. There's no sugar-coating what I wrote and there's no mistaking the intent. I laid it all out on the line for him. And I sent him the letter.

I appreciate everyone's input and I understand the concern some expressed with sending the letter, but my brother and I are long past the pussy-footing around phase. Indeed, we as a country are well beyond that phase. Too many people ignore the evil that is all around us: in government, media, Hollywierd, with our friends, co-workers and yes, even in our own families. This is precisely why our country is so balkanized today. The problems lies in the fact that Conservatives just want to be left the f*ck alone to pursue their own happiness and their own success; while Leftists and Marxists are constant, unceasing, activists, agitators, and subversives - by their very nature.

It was my duty as a brother to at least make an attempt to educate him and illuminate the error of his ways and refute his Marxist beliefs in the strongest terms possible. It was my duty as a brother to attempt to salvage the relationship between us that otherwise would be lost. It fell to me and me only to let let him know just how much of a f*cking imbecile he is, and why. No one else has the ability or has the inclination do it, not my Dad, not his friends, nor anyone else. We all know how futile political discussions are with anyone on the left. I could not have done this in person, or on the phone. The only possible way to get through to these people is through writing. Beating the living-crap out of him or trying to talk to him wouldn't have accomplished jack-schidt. He needs to be educated. He needs to truly understand that the the topics he holds so dear, are insidious and Marxist. He needs to know exactly why his beliefs are so incredibly dangerous. The only way to accomplish that, in this case, was through writing.

Within one hour of sending the letter to my brother, he responded. He sent me an e-mail which stated the following:

"Just read it in it's [sic] entirety. Thank you and I will reflect on this."

At the very least, I have planted a seed. He now knows, unequivocally, that he crossed the line with me, but I have a strong belief that my letter affected him far more deeply. He now knows, in no uncertain terms, that his beliefs are Marxist and that he is, in fact, a moron and a Marxist for failing to educate himself on these issues and being so weak-minded as to believe the Marxist MSM.

This is not at all the reaction I expected from him. I am happy I sent the letter and I am happy it apparently has given him pause and given him reason to reexamine his beliefs.

That is all I could have hoped for. Let us all hope that he has seen the the first twinkle of light and that his journey from the Dark Side has begun.

We shall see.

Thanks again for all the advice. Many here made excellent suggestions and points, some of which I incorporated into the letter.

P.S. I will consider posting the letter if there is adequate interest from you basterds.

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/22/20.

- Del Gue
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't get too wordy with leftists. My wife used to work with a woman that is "all things Democrat".

We were sitting out on the deck one day and she was talking about how she was all enthused about this leftist woman who was running for office.

I said nothing. During a break in the conversation I held up my left hand and told her, "here's left",..then I held up my right hand and said, "here's right". Then I picked up a tennis ball and threw it way over to my right,..pointed at it and said, "that's about where I am".

She chuckled a bit, but I think she got the message.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I stand corrected. I did not think he'd read such a lengthy tome.

Hope it works out for you.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
High_Noon,

You done good, boy. I'm proud of you. Well, if nothing more, maybe a private mesage to a .com friend.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank ye.

- Del Gue
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
That's not the response I would've guessed.. happy to be wrong!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I spoke to Mom again. She's pleased, but told me not to hold my breath.

- Del Gue
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,383
Posts18,488,595
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.