Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Odessa texas.

Worked there but lived in Midland and was fine. In fact, the Midland folks we became friends with convinced us that we would retire in Texas.

Conduct is the best proof of character.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
A condemned ghetto hellhole directly across the street from the Mission Park towers (public housing projects) circa 1990 or so. Kid in the rural places: "we found a dead deer out back yesterday!" Inner city kid: "we found a dead hooker and a dead dope junkie in the back with a needle sticking out of his arm!" Oh, really? That's unfortunate. So, you said your favorite food is pizza I think, right?' Ha. No regrets but the greater the distance between me and where I grew up the happier I am. As long as I'm with my lass, anyway...

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
A condemned ghetto hellhole directly across the street from the Mission Park towers (public housing projects) circa 1990 or so. Kid in the rural places: "we found a dead deer out back yesterday!" Inner city kid: "we found a dead hooker and a dead dope junkie in the back with a needle sticking out of his arm!" Oh, really? That's unfortunate. So, you said your favorite food is pizza I think, right?' Ha. No regrets but the greater the distance between me and where I grew up the happier I am. As long as I'm with my lass, anyway...

Jesus I thought japan was nicer than that??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Columbus, Mississippi

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Davao City or Pleiku

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by 79S

You'd think, but then short-sighted, bucktoothed little gummers is SNEAKY. Oh, you left yer infant outside the LQ whilst you went in to powder yer nose and when you got back you seen little Timmy Wong running off chewing on yer kid's bicep? Goshdangit nem slopes is becoming a problem...'

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
England

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
South Orange, NJ between school terms at Penn State. NJ for Bell Telephone. 5 apartment buildings, 15 stories, apartments on each floor.I was on the 12th floor.Way too much for a farm boy

Last edited by saddlesore; 10/19/20.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Couple places come to mind, 1) Mother Rucker, Alabama in mid summer. For a northern midwestern boy, that was a close to hell as I'd been. 2) Lovely townhouse in Manassas, VA. next to a neighborhood known for the largest drug bust in the area. As close to the hood as I'd been, close as I want to be, and I hung out in Detroit as a kid. 3) Didn't live there, but have done a lot of TDY at Ft. Dix, NJ. Most aptly named place I've been. There was 1 somewhat decent German restaurant so it didn't all suck, but watching the roaches move under the wallpaper in your hotel room was a bit disconcerting.

Old70

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I was a mechanic forman, we were supervisors the Russians did most of the work.That job was in 95 and 96, my first job overseas, quite the eye opener. Went back in 2004 for the Sakhalin 1 project.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Columbia S.C. Much of S.C is very nice. Columbia, not so much IMHO.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

You'd think, but then short-sighted, bucktoothed little gummers is SNEAKY. Oh, you left yer infant outside the LQ whilst you went in to powder yer nose and when you got back you seen little Timmy Wong running off chewing on yer kid's bicep? Goshdangit nem slopes is becoming a problem...'

Well I know you mentioned you lived in Japan your pops was a contractor for the u.s government. So you guys fell on hard times after that?? Then lived in the projects next to the wahlebergs?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Columbia S.C. Much of S.C is very nice. Columbia, not so much IMHO.

Two notch road... great part of town., lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
FOB Gardez, Afghanistan trust me it was no FOB. I remember when we got Bagram airbase. We had too do mandatory briefs. One was finance and to get the eagle card because where we were going we would have eagle card machine and load money on it so we could use it said card at the PX. Our squadron hq was headed to paktia province to FOB Gardez. The finance goons at bagram said yep px there.. Well we finally get to Shangra la and their isn’t chit their. The cav sqdn we replaced out of Campbell blew that joint.. all the amenities they talked about in bagram were non existent lol. You want to talk about even chittier places COP Wilderness, COP Herrera, COP Zormat, COP Dysey.. lord I’m having flashbacks lol..

I was across town at the Dyncorp RTC and mentored with the Border Police. It wasn't really to bad for us. I had a private room and a mess hall 25 yards away. Other than an occasional mortar and rocket attack.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The Madrid. POS apartment building in LA when I was going to school there. Depressing dump.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
California.

Hands down, without a doubt.

Close second is South Carolina.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Borough of the Bronx in New York City. I don't know what I ever did in my life to be punished by living there. Got the fugh out and never looked back.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Well I know you mentioned you lived in Japan your pops was a contractor for the u.s government. So you guys fell on hard times after that?? Then lived in the projects next to the wahlebergs?

Good memory. We lived in Tokyo as a result of my old man who on the behalf of the USAF and DOD corp he worked for from like '80 to '83. My time living amongst the savages in ye olde urban jungle was very late 80s to early 90s,post HS years. Think, 'OK, FU son!' 'OK, FU dad!' Young, disrespectful, full of hate, T, urine and vinegar. 'I won't last a weekend out there before running back home?' It was 18 months before I called to see if everything was OK with them...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This has been an interesting thread - read here of some places I have passed by/through and often wondered about. I do not doubt a word of your descriptions and my respect for military guys - always high - just went up another notch. Thanks for living through that stuff.

My worst place would still be fairly nice in comparison - have been blessed, no complaints.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by auk1124
Three years in Louisville. If I never have to go there again I will count myself lucky.

I agree.....My worst was Lexington, KY and Loserville beats it. This was a long time ago, and now they're both worse. The rest of KY is my home, but these two nut houses aren't, and never will be.

Last edited by reivertom; 10/19/20.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 46 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,239
Posts18,485,851
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.