Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by EIB0879
Ft. Polk.

Aww, now...

Lovely place, and with nearby Leesville, what could anyone want better than that.... blush

Not me, but a good bud working for Chevron said Nigeria was his worst. And from what he describes, glad it was him, not me.

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of worse ones here, but my two are Korea, and Casa Grande, AZ (arm pit of AZ).

If I'd of had money, could have made Casa Grande work (plenty to do in AZ). But working ASPC Florence for a job, and going through a parental child abduction, custody battle, and scraping every penny possible together for attorney's fees...well, it made for a miserable existence and nothing was left over for anything fun. Chitty duplex in Casa Grande in the summer without AC (conserving cash for lawyer), working at Central Unit in Florence in cell blocks older than my father, in the summer, with swamp coolers and showers running all day long, and eating prison food (also to conserve money) is about as unpleasant as it ever got for me.

At least in Korea I could keep myself somewhat entertained. But Pyongtek in the 80's, in barracks without AC, and on a private's pay wasn't a lot of fun.

On the flip side....best places? Arizona (several places, but Parks and Flagstaff were tops), and Germany. Man...had some fun in Germany, and just an awesome place to live and be able to experience Europe and the history (although hunting and fishing was put on hold those 3 years)!

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fester
Bahrain

Wow, really? Huh, I was there for I believe 3 days on R&R from Iraq - and what I saw was really cool.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Sycamore
hard to imagine no one has mentioned Farmington, NM

Tuba city anyone?? Or Gallup, NM??? Sells, AZ???

Cibecue AZ?

Although a hike to the falls is pretty special.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Las Vegas NV. Oh chit I see we're including cars and trucks, tents? Naw, Vegas is a chit hole, nothing good about it.

I'll second that comment. Three year stationed at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas Nevada. Getting transferred to Osan Korea was a blessing. Thirteen month of party time.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I spent a year in Korea when I was in the USARMY and couldnt wait to leave it. My next duty station was FT Hood, TX and I quickly realized that it was an organized crime ring. Didnt realize how good Korea actually was, I was stationed in Seoul and not a whole lot of drama to deal with like FT Hood.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Portable elder buildings on platform drilling rigs in the gulf.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jnyork
Guam in the 1960's.

Guam in '78 and '79 was no better. Maybe it was just that [bleep] naval command.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
In an apartment with two female roommates...

Worked for me, but I was in a relationship with one and good friends with the other. Still am on both counts.

Tampa, FL for me. It's a cesspool of vanity and spoiled damnyankee trust fund brats; I escaped immediately after graduating high school. After that is either Tucson or Louisville. The only places I've lived that I genuinely liked are New Mexico and rural Missouri. If circumstances permit, I'd like to move back to Missouri eventually.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
If anyone was in prison, there're not saying.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Janesville Wisconsin

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well, I have never lived "overseas" but I would have to say... Tampa Florida.... for that fact anywhere in the state of Florida... between the heat, bugs, Yankees, and Rednecks, I would be perfectly happy never stepping foot in that state again.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If anyone was in prison, they're not saying.

been in the county locked up with Aryan Brotherhood for two weeks wasn't that bad, aggravated assault chargers dropped.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've lived in 14 different cities or town and have good memories in all.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
LOL!!!! Cousins exotic game ranch is about 10 miles SSE of Lampasas. Still WAAAAAAY too may people in that neck of the woods for me. I’m thinkin’ more Pandale or Sheffield. 😊

Can't recall how many times I woulda run out of gas and maybe died who knows if it weren't for Sheffield. They could charge like $10/gallon.....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If anyone was in prison, there're not saying.

I was in the service for 6 years. Voluntary Imprisonment? Our camps in combat zones felt like prison. Only difference was you didn't want to escape.

Boot Camp was definitely like a 4 month sentence.

Some of my best troops were judicial referrals. Service or Jail. They chose Service.

God Bless America
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by copperking81
Stafford, VA followed by ASP Dulab, Iraq.

Al Dual. Very nice.

I spent a year bouncing between Hit, Haqlaniyah and Haditha, occasional getting up towards Al Qaim.

Lovely, quaint retirement villages, those are.

Sounds like we used to hang in the same hood wink

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
port au prince, haiti. anywhere in virginia.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Bethel, Alaska. One weekend....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 2ndwind, 338reddog, 30 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,889
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.