Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Thanks for all the kind words. We are hearing now that the entire town of grand lake is being evacuated

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yes Aunt called earlier tonight. Ranch Foreman (y’all know each other ) and family evacuated about 7:30 pm.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,

WS

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Really sorry to hear that riverdog.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Damn. Sorry to hear that riverdog.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by riverdog
Well friends, my house and barn are gone. I hope that the jackass parasitic greed head first season hunters are glad that they could keep warm with a campfire. I guess for me it doesn’t matter anymore if the public lands are closed or not. What the hey, come on up, have a campfire, don’t want to interfere with your vacation plans.

riverdog:.... I am so sorry to hear of your loss of house and barn. Hopefully you can rebuild...so happy there was no loss of life in your case. Tragic wildland fires... and so many are loosing it all ! Can't imagine loosing a lifetime of memories and possessions. Hang tough riverdog... better times to come.. .hopefully ! HH

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4yURbCofU8&list=PLlV2Iuo79CurP5zMLD2P8FhAzyhiY0GqF&index=4

A 4.25 min video ( You tube) of the East Troublesome wildfire and evacuation in Grand lake Colorado. Tragic loss ! Stay safe and "Thank you " firefighters ! HH

Last edited by Hungry Horse; 10/22/20.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
RIverdog,

PM sent

Founder

WS

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Man, oh man, I cannot believe the reach in such a short time of this fire. It is passing Grand Lake as we speak and into the park. Some of you are living in Grand county now, I was there for 25 years. The number of friends who've lost homes right now is numerous! This event has been feared for many years now and that day has come. My fear right now is that it manages to merge with the Cameron Peak fire before the weather cools , hopefully, some rain in the forecast this weekend . Unbelievable, I would not wish to be the individual(s) who started this!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
According to fire map, not looking good for our place this morning. Only thing that may help some is they have had a good beetle tree removal program going on there for a while. Last two years they have been pretty aggresive on the west side along the mountain. Removed a bunch. I don’t know if it was enough to help tho.

This is a big damn fire.

Founder

WS

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Looks it went all the way to the continental divide in RMNP. Grand Lake lodge burned down along with many homes in that part of Grand lake. No news otherwise, except that the firefighters are trying to push the fire north away from town.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Praying for you all in the path. Hoping this cold front brings in nice snow today and then Sunday.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
All you folks are in for some tryin times, I do not envy. KWoodie, I fear for your Aunt's ranch, when I saw the videos of last night, it was horrendous. I have many fond memories of Grand Lake. I first worked there in the summer of '77. I was a boat boy at the GL Marina. I worked on all the boats on that lake, including the boats of the James family( who owned the GL lodge back then) I have known Reed James since he and I were 18. The reach of this fire beyond what is already burned is immense.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Looks to have been a bad night and a bad day coming, hope everyone stays safe.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is horrific news, I can’t imagine going through this

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A friend was a game warden back in the day at Hot Sulphur. He has fancy-smancy mountain place up at grand lake that burned to the ground yesterday. 1.8 million worth of ash.....

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You tube has some excellent videos of the wildfires starting at 6:00am Denver time from Denver7 news titled: Thurs Oct 22 for East Troublesone Fire. The Rocky Mtn NP.... the whole park, is now closed due to fires There is only 11.2 miles seperating the Cameron Peak fire and the East troublesome Fire. They are afraid of these two fires merging. This such a terrible tragedy... God Bless all you folks involved... and the brave fire fighter ! HH video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-JIe-m5C3c You tube video as fire approaches Granby. HH

Last edited by Hungry Horse; 10/22/20. Reason: info added
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22
A friend was a game warden back in the day at Hot Sulphur. He has fancy-smancy mountain place up at grand lake that burned to the ground yesterday. 1.8 million worth of ash.....

We have some friends with a nice cabin up there, between town and the entrance to the park. They were there last night and were told to evacuate at 8:00 PM. Their place went up at 8:30. On the way out, they saw a light on at the neighbor's, and stopped in to see what was going on, the neighbors hadn't heard and were watching TV. Good thing they stopped in, the whole neighborhood went up.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwb7B1Knkg 3,45 min video You tube

10/22/20.... One of the more recent You tube videos of the East Troublesome fire and Estes Park residents concerns and evacuations . Sunday will bring coolers temps and percipitation. HH

Last edited by Hungry Horse; 10/22/20.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I hunted ML season in Moffat County. Couldn't believe how dry it was. I feel for anyone living near these fires. Hope you get some significant precipitation soon!

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 007FJ, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,597
Posts18,473,528
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.