Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Dang man, Hate to hear about the accident. It’s gonna be a rough time for you until your all healed up. Hang in there, it could always be worse.
I know a gal that cut off three of her fingers with a Circular saw. All she has left is her thumb and index finger. She has learned to adapt to do just about anything she could before, even sewing. She doesn’t pay much mind to it anymore. It kinda scares the little kids that don’t know her though.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Prayer sent from south Jersey that you'll heal and overcome this injury, and adapt so you can continue to do the things you enjoy.
When I was a teenager, I used to cut firewood with one of those saws running off an old Ford 8N. Always scared me.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I know what your mean, but in my case I was lucky. Last night as we were getting ready to head to bed, my wife asked what that mark was on the top of my right leg. I said it was a chain worm. She asked what is that. I told her it what happens when the chain on a Stihl 044 rips through two layers of Carhart double front pants and bruises, but doesn't cut the skin. It is a constant reminder that life is risky.

I wish you well on your recovery. I was always impressed by Ken Self who was the CEO of Freightliner Trucks in the 70s. His car crashed on an icy road and he lost his right arm. He adapted well and never let it slow him down. He had a great positive attitude and that will serve you well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=mjbgalt]Hope this makes you smile...thats how its intended...

Guy loses a finger in an accident and calls his girlfriend. "The whole finger?" She asks. He says "no the one next to it."

Best of luck to you and any of us will help in any way we can sir.

It worked, I'm smiling grin

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
So sorry to hear of this. Thank God you are alive, not brain damaged, etc. Your attitude that it could be worse is a great start to overcoming this.
Thank you for reminding us that you cannot be too careful around tools, guns, hell, even driving. Just that one warning may save someone else from tragedy someday.
God bless you for doing your best to forgive your friend, and doing your best not to make a horrible event even worse.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sorry to hear about your loss. I've had things happen this year to my family that forever changed us. I lost my son in front of me in May. Forever changed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Very sorry to hear that, Irving. I cut off the ends of 2 of my fingers many, many years ago working in a cabinet shop when I was younger. The doc was able to sew them back on. If it's any consolation to you, I have full use of them now and can still type about 150 words a minute. Just a bit painful if I jam them straight on something.

Best of luck to you with your recovery, my friend.

Last edited by local_dirt; 10/22/20.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good thinking on your part to get key players involved and use a tourniquet. Get well soon!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Sorry to hear about your accident. You have some serious work ahead of you but you'll adapt and be doing all the things you love in no time! Your warning is a good eye opener and very timely in my case. Just this weekend, we had a small incident that could've been devastating because I let my wife use our battery-powered hedge trimmer and she ended up slicing the tip of her finger which required 3 stitches. That wasn't very bad in the big picture but realizing he easy she could've lost a finger too made me feel horrible for not reminding her to be careful and watch what she was doing! Thanks for putting this out there and hopefully it'll save others some needless pain and suffering!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by logger
I know what your mean, but in my case I was lucky. Last night as we were getting ready to head to bed, my wife asked what that mark was on the top of my right leg. I said it was a chain worm. She asked what is that. I told her it what happens when the chain on a Stihl 044 rips through two layers of Carhart double front pants and bruises, but doesn't cut the skin. It is a constant reminder that life is risky.

I wish you well on your recovery. I was always impressed by Ken Self who was the CEO of Freightliner Trucks in the 70s. His car crashed on an icy road and he lost his right arm. He adapted well and never let it slow him down. He had a great positive attitude and that will serve you well.

Do you think a pair of chaps might have helped that?

Do you wear them now?

They were required by the timber company I worked for when we went out to cut firewood. And for the loggin crews during regular work.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I’m sorry this happened to you. The fact that you are already mapping out in your mind how you move forward with doing the things you love is a good sign. Best wishes that you heal up well.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Heal up fast!

I know you have some changes coming. I'll bet you are up to them. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Honestly being on this forum and reading chit that can happen has taught me to slow down and be more careful. At 52 years old nothing needs to be rushed. Slow down and make a safe plan. Not judging OP situation. Just making a statement.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Irving_D,

I can't express how sorry I am for your accedent.
But a word of encouragement: You only need one finger on your right hand to pull a trigger!

Get well soon for some late season hunting.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Currently recovering from a stroke at start of fall...Left side paralyzed....

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Irving D: I am so sorry to hear of your accident.
I hope you heal as well and as quickly as possible!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
ManyMoons: I hope you recover completely and soon.
This has just been a horrible year.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
That sucks, my grandfather cut off three of his, and then developed Parkinson's (the tremor kind) to boot. Needless to say, food was everywhere after he ate. He already had the tremors when I was born, first time I never saw him shake was at his funeral. Messed me up pretty good.

I have a small hill I can't cut with my ztr, so I push mow it. I was letting the mower down the hill, pulling up and down, etc...and i slipped and my foot went under the deck, I must have been living right and nothing came of it. I plan on weedeatin that hill from now on. It worried me for hours afterwards.

Hope you heal up.

Last edited by killerv; 10/22/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Irving, thanks for the reminder about the way life can change so suddenly - points to carpe diem but more to living with some eye to the future. I am sorry to learn of your loss and the trauma involved - but three weeks into it and with your positive attitude and the resourcefulness you showed in the emergency, I have a feeling that you will do well.

A very dear friend of mine cut off a finger with a table saw when just a kid - he shook it off and has done everything - probably more - than most guys ever will. Have never heard hm complain - from day one when the finger went flying. Given my deep interests and career, fingers have been immensely important and I have had them into just about every type of machinery and dangerous stuff imaginable for over 80 years - and God has protected them for me. But, tomorrow ???

I wish you well.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I recently had an event with a chop box. It was violent. The blade grabbed the work and it was like an explosion. I pulled back and counted fingers.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,519
Posts18,509,632
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.