Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 116 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 115 116
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Not golf, but missed $10,000 by a dropped TD this last weekend. But I'll take $2,500 on a $5 lineup.

[Linked Image]

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

GB4

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Duck, you are so full of chit too

So in summary........................

GFY.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Alright, I golf. Actually golf a lot. Even do it for a living - work in the industry that is. A few tips for the newbie:

Those plaid shorts of yours? Perfect.

Only drink beer while on the course (preferably Bud Light in cans) - clubhouse is for martinis or Manhattan type cocktails.

Golf carts are okay, NEVER carry your clubs or egads, a pull cart. Caddies are even better. $50 minimum tip.

Even if you play with Topflite brand balls or the like; when someone asks you "what are you playing" when you have a lost ball, always say "Pro V1". They'll think you're a baller. Maybe you'll get a free $5 ball out of the deal.

Gimmes are only taken when offered. That being said, offer the first gimme. It'll soften up your playing partner.

Footwedge only when you're positive you can't be seen. Same with taking a piss - make sure you're in the woods out-of-bounds. This will come after multiple Bud Lights and there's never a restroom around when you need it on a golf course. Regarding going #2, plan ahead. Golf towels can be used in a pinch. BTDT.

Only yell FORE when you're reasonably sure someone is going to get hit. Maybe for near misses too. Keep it to a minimum. People will think you're a hack if you do it too much.

Don't throw clubs, yell expletives, or have a general temper tantrum when you hit a bad shot. It's inevitable in golf, even for the best pros. Quiet pain like an Apache being thrown off a cliff also shows you're a baller.

When you shank one 2 fairways over, own it. When you hit it on the green from there people will think you're a baller.

Too much time at the ball washer and people will talk.

Tip when they take the clubs from your car, tip the help that cleans and loads your clubs after the round, and for the love of God - tip the beer cart girl well. She'll come back to see you more often.

You're away, sir.

CharlieFoxtrot,

This is sound advice and I will adhere to it.

We are now golf buddies.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

What? You gotta be dressed like a coked out Cuban pimp?

Preferably.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by duck911

Yes, I have a 4 handicap. Played (intermural) in college. Was too busy parting to play collegiately.

Love me some golf, 2-3 days a week (rounds), another day or two pitching and putting for practice.

I have a hard time believing any respectable golf course would let deflave in the course. If for no other reason than drunk driving, rolling golf carts.

Duck O' Dumb Bucket,

I bet listening to you remind everybody how conservative you are makes for a fun 18 holes.

LOL

IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by BobBrown

Duck, you are so full of chit too

So in summary........................

GFY.

Co-worker walking up to the tee box and Duck be all "Seriously man, this virus is novel and exponential and my daughter's on the front line of ground zero."

(rolls eyes)

LOL

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

But the science, math, and research behind it is fun, since I am very analytical.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by deflave
I took this sport up a couple months ago and I couldn't believe the number of parallels between hunting and shooting.

I play four to five days a week since the Believers shut down my local USPSA. It has been a fine substitute.

Does anybody else here love golf?

I know duck911 loves golf. Maybe you two can link up and play couple games. Then enjoy some dessert coffee..xoxoxoxo

Yes, I have a 4 handicap. Played (intermural) in college. Was too busy parting to play collegiately.

Were you also too busy "parting" to enter "intermural" spelling bees?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am very anal.

I figured as much.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 79S
I took this sport up a couple months ago and I couldn't believe the number of parallels between hunting and shooting.

I play four to five days a week since the Believers shut down my local USPSA. It has been a fine substitute.

Does anybody else here love golf?

I know duck911 loves golf. Maybe you two can link up and play couple games. Then enjoy some dessert coffee..xoxoxoxo

Were you also too busy "parting" to enter "intermural" spelling bees?

Maybe he was training to become a machinist?

I am MAGA.
IC B3

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My Dad was a scratch golfer all my life, however he maintained his amateur status. He was the Colonial Country Club Champion several times. We traveled as a family to many of the Pro Tour destinations. Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas, La Costa, Palm Springs, Hawaii, etc., and he had a room full of trophies.
Personally, I couldn't ever find a putter that worked and my best handicap was a 14. I was much more into shooting sports.
I do have a funny golf story to relate.
My Dad was playing in a foursome with perhaps the cheapest member of the club. This guy was known to have picked up other peoples tips off of tables left for waitresses. He was one of those "I'll pay you later" guys.
My Dad was driving a cart and saw this cheapskate kick his ball about 4 feet behind a tree. My dad reaches in his pocket and palms a $100.00 bill from his pocket. When he pulls up, El Cheapo says "Hey your lie is behind this tree". My Dad casually walks over & bends down...
....and exclaims: "Hey look, someone dropped a C-note!" and pretends to pick it up and unfold it.
This drives the guy nuts! He admits to moving his ball explaining he'd have never found it if he hadn't moved his ball, and that my Dad should give him half.
My Dad's only response was: "Sorry buddy".
For a month this guy tried to get my Dad to split the $100.00.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DMc
My Dad was a scratch golfer all my life, however he maintained his amateur status. He was the Colonial Country Club Champion several times. We traveled as a family to many of the Pro Tour destinations. Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas, La Costa, Palm Springs, Hawaii, etc., and he had a room full of trophies.
Personally, I couldn't ever find a putter that worked and my best handicap was a 14. I was much more into shooting sports.
I do have a funny golf story to relate.
My Dad was playing in a foursome with perhaps the cheapest member of the club. This guy was known to have picked up other peoples tips off of tables left for waitresses. He was one of those "I'll pay you later" guys.
My Dad was driving a cart and saw this cheapskate kick his ball about 4 feet behind a tree. My dad reaches in his pocket and palms a $100.00 bill from his pocket. When he pulls up, El Cheapo says "Hey your lie is behind this tree". My Dad casually walks over & bends down...
....and exclaims: "Hey look, someone dropped a C-note!" and pretends to pick it up and unfold it.
This drives the guy nuts! He admits to moving his ball explaining he'd have never found it if he hadn't moved his ball, and that my Dad should give him half.
My Dad's only response was: "Sorry buddy".
For a month this guy tried to get my Dad to split the $100.00.

That is a good story.

We can be golf buddies.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Mixed couples nude candlelight bowling................beats golf hands down.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I live on a golf course and have never even swung a golf club. I was for several years assistant superintendent/waterman on an exclusive private golf course, which left a bad taste in my mouth for both golf and golfers.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Tuco
I live on a golf course and have never even swung a golf club. I was for several years assistant superintendent/waterman on an exclusive private golf course, which left a bad taste in my mouth for both golf and golfers.

If you ever change your mind, we could be golf buddies.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Flave looking for a golf buddy.

Someone to pay for the tee time....cart rental....and beer.

I am MAGA.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Flave looking for a golf buddy.

Someone to pay for the tee time....cart rental....and beer.

Jim,

Please STFU.

Thanks.

Dave

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I still golf occasionally when it's not hunting season.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rflshtr
Golf is nothing more than a good walk ruined. Of course from my perspective, a good round of golf is when you end up with more golf balls in you golf bag than you started the day with. I also hope to live long enough to score my age for 18 holes and I need at least another thirty years to do that with no further erosion of limited golf skills.

laugh

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Love me some golf, 2-3 days a week (rounds), another day or two pitching and putting for practice.

I have a hard time believing any respectable golf course would let deflave in the course. If for no other reason than drunk driving, rolling golf carts.

Duck O' Dumb Bucket,

I bet listening to you remind everybody how conservative you are makes for a fun 18 holes.

LOL

Don’t forget the Duck of Death is very clever and very wealthy as a result LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 12 of 116 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 117LBS, 56 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,985
Posts18,480,987
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.