Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I was 33.

I had seen a fair bit of death before that, but never a murder.

It was a hot July day in the Walmart parking lot in Americus Georgia in front of the large trampoline the manager had displayed for sale on the exterior wall next to lawn and garden. 1996.

What was strange is that it was impossible to process in real time exactly what was happening while it was happening.

I had finished shopping and was loading groceries into the back of the wife's little blue Mustang. I was just a civilian. I was also unarmed. I was about to head home to my wife and two-year-old son Harrison.

I heard firecrackers going off right next to me and a really big guy with a super small skull walking/running/sauntering away...

All my brain could process was that the two people laying on the ground must have been hurt in some way by the firecrackers.

I immediately dropped everything and went to help.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
25....saw a pregnant gal get punched in the stomach by her ex, guess she miscarried. Dunno if that counts.

Well the unborn are just tissue, according to the left.

Last edited by hookeye; 10/24/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Im pro abortion but still dont support that. Also never figured out why the left got the 'pro-abortion' task anyway. I am told I am apparently hard right and the right gets hunting, capitalism, warfare, death penalties, corporal punishment, but not abortion? Who writes these crazy team rules.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 158XTP
Im pro abortion but still dont support that. Also never figured out why the left got the 'pro-abortion' task anyway. I am told I am apparently hard right and the right gets hunting, capitalism, warfare, death penalties, corporal punishment, but not abortion? Who writes these crazy team rules.

It’s an innocent versus guilty thing. Leftists believe in cradle to the grave entitlements, they just make it as tough as possible to get to the cradle. The right believes you have the right to the pursuit of happiness up to the point where you take away someone else’s right to that...then consequences kick in.

At least you’ll own up to ‘pro-abortion’ instead of attempting to sugar coat it as pro-choice....next step is admitting it’s murder and becoming a full blown human being! Baby steps...or in your parlance ‘tissue steps.’

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm 74 and still have not witnessed a murder......does that make me lucky?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Another suck puppet idiot.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by vapodog

No Sir... it makes you a very fortunate man indeed.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing

No Sir... it makes you a very fortunate man indeed.

Correction, yes indeed lucky as well as very fortunate. I misread your statement

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

No, it makes you like most people.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Deaths yes but no murders.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never seen a murder, but I did see the aftermath of one. I was at the U.C. Emergency Room for an unrelated reason, and there was a guy on a gurney with blood coming out of his head. He'd been left off to the side. I was walking with a Cincinnati Fire Dept LT-- a regular at that emergency room. His station was just a few blocks over. I stuck a thumb at the gurney, and asked "What's up with him?"

"Gunshot to the head." replied the nearest nurse. "We're waiting for the Organ Bank to come down and claim him."

I also saw a guy die right in front of me once. I was going out to pick up a steak hoagie from the local pizzaria. As I hit the sidewalk in front of my house, I heard a thump and saw a body flying through the intersection 5 doors up in front of my house. It hit the pavement on the other side of the intersection and bounced a few times before coming to rest. A white car pulled up and a guy got out, obviously shaken. An old alkie had walked out from behind the crosstown bus into the path of the white car.

The corpse was toast. I found the guy's shoes and false teeth about 20 yards further up the road, and left them by the body and went up to claim my sandwich. There was a big brew-hahaw going on when I got back 10 minutes later. I left my name with the police and went home.

These things all happened in mid-20's.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind

It’s an innocent versus guilty thing. Leftists believe in cradle to the grave entitlements, they just make it as tough as possible to get to the cradle. The right believes you have the right to the pursuit of happiness up to the point where you take away someone else’s right to that...then consequences kick in.

Its a smart vs dumb thing. The terms left and right are twisted to suit whoeever is selling it to the public. Simplified governing 101. Break free thought down into two teams, give the average guy with his IQ of 105 or less a list of "team do's and donts", let him butt heads with the 'other side' while you eliminate freedoms for everyone. Old as history.

At least you’ll own up to ‘pro-abortion’ instead of attempting to sugar coat it as pro-choice....next step is admitting it’s murder and becoming a full blown human being! Baby steps...or in your parlance ‘tissue steps.’

My suggestion is to call the media, tell them the deal is off, they can keep the "Left/Right V.2020 App" and that you would llike your brains back.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Probably 14 IIRC. 22 November 1963. It was on TV.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Closest I cam was about 30 seconds. I came up on a woman dead in her car at a traffic light. Her ex had pulled up beside her and shot her in the head with 00 buck. She was frozen dead right there. I am guessing with her car in gear and foot on the brake.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind

Its a smart vs dumb thing. The terms left and right are twisted regularly to suit whoeever is selling it to the public. Simplified governing 101. Break free thought down into two teams, give the average guy with his IQ of 105 or less a list of "team do's and donts", and let him butt heads with the 'other side' while you eliminate freedoms for everyone. Old as history.

The media dusting off the old terms left and right from where we left them in the 70's, and placing them in the average joes mouth again the last few years is the funniest thing.

My suggestion is to call the media, tell them the deal is off, they can keep "Left/Right V.2020 App" and that you would llike your brains back.

Wrong thread. Leave.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’ve seen the aftermath. Ghana West Africa was a surprisingly non-violent place but one day I was in the capitol, Accra, and I seen a skinny, dirty man in his thirties walking along the sidewalk, one hand pressing against a long horizontal slit to his belly through which a loop of cut intestine protruded. In his other hand he held a gourd which he filled with water from the gutter.

Africa does have mentally ill, and like here they often become homeless.

Myself and a Ghanaian guy on the street looked on appalled as the man returned to a small, disused corrugated Metal shed. We went in and the whole place reeked of dried blood, bloodstains splattered on the walls.

We helped the guy, who was stoically silent throughout, to the street and tried to flag down a taxi (mostly small import sedans), none would put the guy in their vehicle.

Eventually an army LandRover passed by, and the soldiers reluctantly put him on the floor in back and drove us onto their base, dropped us off inside a building at the gate, and left.

The whole time the wounded guy was suffering in silence, holding his slit belly.

Some time later different soldiers came and drove us to the city hospital, the whole event took about three hours.

At the hospital, like everyone else we met in this ordeal, they acted awkward and embarrassed. Everyone WOULD have helped the guy if they could but had very little resources to do so. Even at the hospital supplies were short and the need great, and this was just a beggar off the street, a human stray dog.

We left him there at the hospital, they did give him a shot of penicillin before we left, I hope they also had painkillers.

Just like everyone else, I WOULD have helped him more but had very little resources to do so. Or so I felt at the time.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Wrong thread. Leave.

He has the wrong website.

But Rick lets them scurry around.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Wrong thread. Leave.

Try skipping things you dont like in future.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
[
He has the wrong website.

But Rick lets them scurry around.

My compliments to Rick whoever he is

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Wrong thread. Leave.

Try skipping things you dont like in future.

Bit hard to do when you trolls infiltrate every thread created here.

Go away.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

186 members (2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 204guy, 25 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,897
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.