-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was standing in a tree stand in Ft. Stewart bow hunting one morning. I heard all this noise coming through the woods, down an old logging road I was close to. Wasn't much I could do, I was in the right area and legally hunting. I just waited and hoped they would pass me by. Most did, about 100 yards away. All except one. This tank came rolling right down the trail I was hunting on and passed about 20 feet in front of me. I think I scared the guy in the turret about as bad as he and his tank scared me. I'd have felt a lot better if he hadn't been tracking me with his machinegun like I was going to shoot an arrow at him.

Harry

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
4 years ago camped at 11000ft in the Raywah Wilderness for a Sept. high country Mule deer hunt. Lightning storm from hell rolled in. Extreme winds, lightning, hail.

The lightning was so constant it was almost like daylight. The storm lasted to 4:30 am. Asked myself what in hell am I doing here

I kept thinking about the aluminium cross stays.

The Hilleberge tent was fine and the next morning I got a nice4x4.

Lefty

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The army doesn’t use live ammo for maneuvers except on closed ranges.

[Linked Image from ]
_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
#1 gamewarden.
#2 my wife.
Both mean trouble 100% of the time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
an alien

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
2 weeks ago....
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

We don't get many rattlers in SC, but this was full growed cane break rattler. Grandson saw him, I shot him.

Last edited by crsides; 11/11/20.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
A still. You don't stick around if you stumble onto a liquor still.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The absolutely scaredest I had been, prior to the rattler above, was in Mt Rogers Va. on an afternoon break from turkey hunting (you can only hunt to noon), I was calling coyotes/bobcats on the side of a ridge with a 300 yd view all around. I had a large rock outcropping in front of me and one two feet behind me. Had not seen anyone in 3 days up there. Someone or thing tapped me on the back. I froze. WTF. Not enough room for a cow, bear or person to get back there. Had heard of bobcats sneaking up on guys who were calling them. Sitting there with a 25-06 in my hands, nearly [bleep] my pants, thinking what the hell could that be, and I got another tap on the back. Now I was going crazy and could not get up the nerve to turn around. FINALLY, i sucked it and turned around to see my seat cushion tied to my belt, blowing in the breeze. I tried to get up to walk back to camp and I could not stand up I was so weak. What a puzzy.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
worst thing I ever saw in the woods was an ugly fat woman squatted down pinching a loaf

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Stophel
I've never seen anything scary in the woods. It's cities that are scary.

I agree.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by flintlocke
Pre season scouting, Klamath Natl Forest, stumbled into a huge 3 acre pot grow, complete with irrigation and camo netting. I backed out very carefully and quietly, and sure enough 6 weeks later, big front page news article on a big Mex cartel bust in the same drainage. DEA deported the farmers after questioning, they all claimed the Cartel was holding their families in Mexico hostage, to prevent the farmers from stealing the bud and running with it. Firearms were confiscated. It's a vicious industry. Now the Mex cartels are fading and the Hmong rule the industry in our county. Think about that next time "legal pot" comes up on your state's ballot.

I found about 20 plants one time. Them mfers were about 10ft tall.

I relocated 5 of them.

Went and told the landowner I found about 15 pot plants. Me and him chopped them down.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by slumlord

Originally Posted by flintlocke
Pre season scouting, Klamath Natl Forest, stumbled into a huge 3 acre pot grow, complete with irrigation and camo netting. I backed out very carefully and quietly, and sure enough 6 weeks later, big front page news article on a big Mex cartel bust in the same drainage. DEA deported the farmers after questioning, they all claimed the Cartel was holding their families in Mexico hostage, to prevent the farmers from stealing the bud and running with it. Firearms were confiscated. It's a vicious industry. Now the Mex cartels are fading and the Hmong rule the industry in our county. Think about that next time "legal pot" comes up on your state's ballot.

I found about 20 plants one time. Them mfers were about 10ft tall.

I relocated 5 of them.

Went and told the landowner I found about 15 pot plants. Me and him chopped them down.

aint diversity great. it is our strength as a nation

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The army doesn’t use live ammo for maneuvers except on closed ranges.

Yeah, The Army wasn't supposed to be in that area either, but there was a bunch of them... I was close enough to see that the gun was loaded with blanks. We were about level and maybe 20 feet apart. I didn't want him accidentally shooting a bunch of blanks at me either. He probably got a kick out of it once he got over the surprise of seeing a guy standing in a tree about 20 feet from him that he didn't have a clue was there.

Harry
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Drove into the hunting area in the dark as normal.

Driving out, something in the car caught my attention so I had to stop and take a pic. Creeped me out when I got closer.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
First day PA hunting season back in the late 80’s and my cousin and I are walking through a field and here two whizzes go by our heads and immediately here the report of the rifle. That is really unnerving.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
worst thing I ever saw in the woods was an ugly fat woman squatted down pinching a loaf

Did you ask her if she needed any help? Maybe she needed some TP? Couldn't move until the paperwork was done.

God Bless America
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crsides
2 weeks ago....

We don't get many rattlers in SC, but this was full growed cane break rattler. Grandson saw him, I shot him.

I've killed 3 of these since labor day while deer hunting. Dam near stepped on two of them. They dont show up so purdy good in the woods when they're just laying there in a coil.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ive hunted brown bears, grizzlies, wolves, mountain lions...not too scary.
Bad weather and failing transportation many miles from civilization is the scariest thing I've endured.

All horribly pale to what military combat veterans have seen.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crsides
The absolutely scaredest I had been, prior to the rattler above, was in Mt Rogers Va. on an afternoon break from turkey hunting (you can only hunt to noon), I was calling coyotes/bobcats on the side of a ridge with a 300 yd view all around. I had a large rock outcropping in front of me and one two feet behind me. Had not seen anyone in 3 days up there. Someone or thing tapped me on the back. I froze. WTF. Not enough room for a cow, bear or person to get back there. Had heard of bobcats sneaking up on guys who were calling them. Sitting there with a 25-06 in my hands, nearly [bleep] my pants, thinking what the hell could that be, and I got another tap on the back. Now I was going crazy and could not get up the nerve to turn around. FINALLY, i sucked it and turned around to see my seat cushion tied to my belt, blowing in the breeze. I tried to get up to walk back to camp and I could not stand up I was so weak. What a puzzy.

I lol'd, crsides. You told it well.
Big ol snake there. Dayum.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 46 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,747
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.