Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Slick Trick Viper Broadhead 100gn

A few years ago I shot a decent 10 point with this head. It went in the base of the neck, through the chest & heart exiting just behind the front leg.
The blood trail was as good as I've seen. Shot from a tree stand at 13 yards. The blades needed to be sharpened/replaced but otherwise the head was fine.

Yesterday I shot two coyote while deer hunting. The first one was below me at only 20 feet. It was quartered toward me & had turned its head away. The arrow hit high in the neck coming out the other side (it hit above the spine) & entered just behind the shoulder & exited the far side back leg & into the ground. He pulled the arrow out as he ran away, it fell out a few feet away. He only ran about 20 yards & dropped.

The second coyote showed up a few minutes later & stopped to smell the first arrow. The shot angle was similar with the arrow exiting the back leg breaking it. This one ran about 30 yards & stopped for a couple of minutes before walking another 10 yards & laying down where it died. One blade had a small nick but otherwise the head was fine.

Both sets of blades could probably be reused but they no longer had the razor sharp factory edges. There was a good blood trail from each coyote, not that it was needed. I know a coyote is not very big but so far I am pretty happy with the Viper head design.

Accuracy: The longest shot I have taken on an animal was 15 yards, accuracy was superb! grin

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you like the viper trick you should give the wicked tricks a try. 1 1/4 cut vs the smaller cut of the viper. Head is basically the same just a bigger cut

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 20 invisible), 1,408 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.