Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Slick Trick Viper Broadhead 100gn

A few years ago I shot a decent 10 point with this head. It went in the base of the neck, through the chest & heart exiting just behind the front leg.
The blood trail was as good as I've seen. Shot from a tree stand at 13 yards. The blades needed to be sharpened/replaced but otherwise the head was fine.

Yesterday I shot two coyote while deer hunting. The first one was below me at only 20 feet. It was quartered toward me & had turned its head away. The arrow hit high in the neck coming out the other side (it hit above the spine) & entered just behind the shoulder & exited the far side back leg & into the ground. He pulled the arrow out as he ran away, it fell out a few feet away. He only ran about 20 yards & dropped.

The second coyote showed up a few minutes later & stopped to smell the first arrow. The shot angle was similar with the arrow exiting the back leg breaking it. This one ran about 30 yards & stopped for a couple of minutes before walking another 10 yards & laying down where it died. One blade had a small nick but otherwise the head was fine.

Both sets of blades could probably be reused but they no longer had the razor sharp factory edges. There was a good blood trail from each coyote, not that it was needed. I know a coyote is not very big but so far I am pretty happy with the Viper head design.

Accuracy: The longest shot I have taken on an animal was 15 yards, accuracy was superb! grin

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you like the viper trick you should give the wicked tricks a try. 1 1/4 cut vs the smaller cut of the viper. Head is basically the same just a bigger cut

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (160user, 1badf350, 1minute, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 62 invisible), 2,375 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,184
Posts18,503,295
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.