Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Variable power seems to outsell fixed by a very large margin. Leupold has cut a lot out of their portfolio recently. I have a 6x42 I like pretty well. Not in love with the reticle but it is fairly bright and simple. I bought it for the kids/girls rifle just because it was simple. It seems like everyone wants a higher zoom ratio, which just seems a bit pointless to me.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Scope internals matter wayyyyyyyyy more than external "appearances". Hint.

The 6x36 has been and remains Dog Schit from inception,as compared to the 6x42. Hint.

The 6x42 is best(like everything else Reupold),without A/O. The 1/8" erectors are fhuqking tender JUNK. The most recent versions,are cost cutting measures and Dog Schit. Hint.

"Shimming" ring halves,is about THE dumbest fhuqking thing you can do to a rifle. Hint.

Were Reupold to go back to better internals and couple the 6x42 with an etched MQ reticle,they'd have something worthy. Hint.

But...alas. Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Shimming ring halves worked just fine on my rifle......shot 1.1" at 200 yds.......deer near 300 yds did not argue....DRT........

The upside was the lower rings allowed my face to get a decent cheek weld vs taller rings. And......I also have a 6x33 FX-II, some use 2-7x33, same objective for a 7x and owners rarely complain. My 6x33 works just fine, M1 and standard Duplex.......owned many 42s, no complaints, but I like svelte.

If it works...........it works.

Last edited by 65BR; 11/15/20.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have two Leupold Mk4 M3 fixed 6x. Love them both !

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Shimming sounds like it might put unneeded stress on the tube, and some of these tubes are pretty flimsy. Is this to allow for vertical travel? If so, I’d look for an angled mount so the bores line up. Just me...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
65Drooler,

Shimming ring halves,doesn't/can't work on ANY scope/rifle,unless one is musing concentric reducers. Read that again. Now one more time. HINT.

"Tactical" cardboard ring shims?!? You CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktards never disappoint,by simply doing your BEST! Hint. LAUGHING!

Now to solve a concentricity issue,one can certainly shim a base with a non-malleable/weatherproof spacer(non cardboard!) and eccentric Signature rings. It's an easy solve for concentricity woe(s) and added inclination. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for sharing your BEST though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........

Ms. Myrth,

I've never seen one. Google says that they are BDC,which is a Goat Fhuqk? Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Perhaps with a shift to a turret,which aligns it's (1) MOA elevation erector graduations,it might could be pressed into service? That despite the erector travel being rather trite,given it's 30MM tube. HINT.

Or so Google tells me. Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

CryLee,

Your Brokedicktitude and STUPIDITY precludes you from even a FIRST fhuqking clue...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Do NOT "forget",that imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Bless your heart for Crying and Trying though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
crazy

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Stick,
I see you’ve become obsessed with me. You’re not my type. Sorry to hurt your feelings. You really are sensitive.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BillyE
Variable power seems to outsell fixed by a very large margin. Leupold has cut a lot out of their portfolio recently. I have a 6x42 I like pretty well. Not in love with the reticle but it is fairly bright and simple. I bought it for the kids/girls rifle just because it was simple. It seems like everyone wants a higher zoom ratio, which just seems a bit pointless to me.

Yep indeed. The trend seems to be bigger scopes. One young bloke who joined our deer club for a while put a 5-25 scope on his .30-06 for deer and then shot four times at a red stag at 100m ................and missed four times. He finally hit it on the fifth shot which was probably a lucky shot judging buy his previous shooting skills. My mates have a bit of a laugh at me for buying fixed scopes and none will try one themselves. They are all convinced they are hindering themselves and most won't even buy a 2-7 or 2.5-8 variable even, as they think a 7x or 8x magnification is still not enough to shoot a deer.

I was sad to see Leupold get rid of the 4x33 and 6x36 but I can't really blame them when not many people are buying them anymore.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Don't you have a nice Kaps fixed power?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ms. Myrth,

You've an unfair "advantage",in that STUPIDITY is certainly NO "act" for you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,for doing your BEST though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

CryLee,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Ain't it a hoot,that your Brokedick STUPIDITY and Homoerotic Fantasies,so very RELIABLY take you to places that don't exist. PLEASE cite a Thread,where I've EVER replied to you,less your initially hitting on me to no avail. HINT. Laughing!

Bless your heart,for doing the best you can,with what INCREDIBLY little you "have" to "work" with. Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Elvira,

That's it! Your testimony is gonna have me givin' a fixed power scope a try,if only for the first time! Hint.

GREAT Story too!

math',

It's Irons or BUST for me!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

A Leupold 6-36x sounds pretty good to me though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

PLEASE cite a Thread,where I've EVER replied to you,less your initially hitting on me to no avail. HINT. Laughing!

This one. And every other thread I’ve posted in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CryLee,

How come you are ALWAYS the "Victim"...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

What do you "do" for a "living" again,which "fuels" your Brokedicktitude in such compelling fashion? Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Geezzz, Stinky, is that chamber filthy enough for you. Can't imagine what your house looks like 😂.

God, you're a pathetic mutt.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
6mm,

Fascinatingly enough,you can't even keep a grip on what you Imagine,let alone Pretend...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you however,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute",you Whining Brokedick Fhuqk. Hint. LAUGHING!

Ooopsie! It happens. Hint. LAUGHING!

That was "CLOSE" though! Hint. LAUGHING!

"Lucklily",you can "afford" to read about it. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your hear for being broke.

Hint.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I still love the 6x36 LR 270 Win 140 Accubond combo.

Inside of 400-450 yards it is hard to beat.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
CryLee,

How come you are ALWAYS the "Victim"...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

What do you "do" for a "living" again,which "fuels" your Brokedicktitude in such compelling fashion? Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Victim of what? You’re confused again. Don’t take much. Maybe you need a nap.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shammo,

You tell 'em,you almost "do" as "much" as an inner-city Soccer Mom...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. Congratulations?!?

The closer your STUPID is,don't make it "better". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

CryLee,

Fill out yet another Hurt Feelers Report...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my shooting it all,as you make more Excuses,you MAGNIFICENT Whining Kchunt. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for Whining,Crying and Trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Sweet Garand

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CryLee,

You are sucking the wrong ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Stick..
What’s happening man, long time no chat
In the garand pic do you recall origin of the flat plastic 10 packs of ammo? I had a bunch like that similar but 308. Your pic appears to be ‘06? It’s the Only surplus fodder I can recall packaged as such

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1936M71, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,676
Posts18,474,855
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.